300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
    ok i hit a plateau with my pushups. and this could be because i have been doing them every single day i get down time, im not sure.
    i never had a problem getting pass ten before, but now right when i hit 10 pushups, i feel weakness at the top of my shoulders, and it's almost a struggle just to do 15, even with modified pushups. and this has started happening ever since i worked on building my bicep muscle to increase my pushup count...has this happened to anyone? how do you build that strength in your shoulders?
    Be careful with your shoulders, the recovery is very slow. you should stop what you are doing now and exercise your arms slowly. Don't forget to do some exercises for your shoulders with light weight. Remember to take a rest some days.
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:12/10
    TSl: 5/11
    Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
    Met BI:1/12
    VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
    Drug Test:04/12 Passed
    Qual:cleared 3/12
    Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
    PFT2:
    EOD:

Comment

ok i hit a plateau with my pushups. and this could be because i have been doing them every single day i get down time, im not sure.
      i never had a problem getting pass ten before, but now right when i hit 10 pushups, i feel weakness at the top of my shoulders, and it's almost a struggle just to do 15, even with modified pushups. and this has started happening ever since i worked on building my bicep muscle to increase my pushup count...has this happened to anyone? how do you build that strength in your shoulders?

Bicep will not help you increase push up count. Chest, Bicep and Tricep will help you. but just doing as many as you can is not going to help. just start doing sets of 5 every hour, or 3 sets of 5 every other hour. That way you will feel confrotable and you will have muscle memory, but if you tired the muscle every time, the muscle will not understand and it will shut down after the maximum.

So i recommend the 3 sets of 5. when you dont have a problem anymore with 5 then increase to 6 and keep going up. and at least once a week test yourself to see how many you can do in a proper form.
      CBPO:
      GEO Pref: SWB
      App Date: 19 MAR 2012
      Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
      NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
      TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
      E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
      PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
      Med:11 June 2012
      BI: In Security Office
      VBT/SI: Pending
      Drug Test: Pending
      Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
      Call Rec: Pending
      PFT2: Pending
      EOD: Pending
      FLETC: Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by DLA View Post
        Does anyone have the fax number to send the paperwork to? My friend couldn't log in to ask and asked if I could try to find out. He said the fax number provided to him didn't work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
        dont have Fax numbers, but depending who you want to talk to, try this number 952-857-2943 you will need your Applicant ID. and if you have the TSL1 or TSL2 you have a bunch of POC numbers there also.
        CBPO:
        GEO Pref: SWB
        App Date: 19 MAR 2012
        Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
        NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
        TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
        E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
        PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
        Med:11 June 2012
        BI: In Security Office
        VBT/SI: Pending
        Drug Test: Pending
        Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
        Call Rec: Pending
        PFT2: Pending
        EOD: Pending
        FLETC: Pending

Comment

• ok thanks guys. i will do that. I think i have spent so much time focusing on where my muscles were weak, I lost focus on everything else as a whole.

over the next few weeks i wil do the 3 sets of 5, and do some light arm workouts without overdoing it.

thanks a lot!

Comment

• Thanks I gave him that number. Hopefully he will find the info he needs

Comment

• Sorry for the confusion, Shark and Javy03. Passed the PFT1 just an hour ago, not bad at all and the fact it wasn't at the government agency test site, it made it more relaxed. Pretty much broke my own record, so it's all good. Time to wait again for the next step~~ I think everyone take the medical AFTER passing the PFT1 now, how long do you guys wait?? 2 weeks maybe?
              Test -1/4/11
              NOR - 5/9/12
              TSL 1 - 5/10/12
              TSL 2- 5/11/12
              Qualifications - GS7 (7/11/12)
              PFT1 - 6/5/12 (passed on 6/12/12)
              VBT & S.I. - 6/27/12
              Drug Test - ?
              Medical- 6/15/12 (passed on 6/26/12)
              B.I. - ?
              Poly- ?
              PFT2 - ?
              EOD - ?

Comment

• Can somebody tell me which forms I am supposed to send off before reporting? On one link of the new hire website it says to send some forms and the other link says to bring them on the first day. I'm thinking I can just send them all and let them sort them out because that site sucks.

Comment

ok thanks guys. i will do that. I think i have spent so much time focusing on where my muscles were weak, I lost focus on everything else as a whole.

over the next few weeks i wil do the 3 sets of 5, and do some light arm workouts without overdoing it.

thanks a lot!
                  I was once told, by a very wise personal trainer, to focus on the four major exercises: Push ups, pull ups, squats, and dead-lifts.

This is what builds strength- exercises that are based on the basic general movements of your body. I think a lot of people waste time on stupid exercises. Take the shake-weight for example. I mean yes it may be entertaining to watch but c'mon, really??

With that said, if you are doing push-ups and you feel like your triceps are giving out before everything else it wouldn't hurt to concentrate on working them out for a while. As for biceps... They are usually used in a pulling motion (pull-ups/lat raises/dumbell curls) I don't know how much biceps are used in push ups. Probably very little. Push ups are mostly chest, triceps, and some back.
                  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by sealteam View Post
                    Can somebody tell me which forms I am supposed to send off before reporting? On one link of the new hire website it says to send some forms and the other link says to bring them on the first day. I'm thinking I can just send them all and let them sort them out because that site sucks.
                    Don't send anything to your port. Take the forms with you
                    most likely they will have you fill them out there either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                      Don't send anything to your port. Take the forms with you
                      most likely they will have you fill them out there either way.
                      Ok, thanks because I was going to send them to the address on the website.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                        I was once told, by a very wise personal trainer, to focus on the four major exercises: Push ups, pull ups, squats, and dead-lifts.

This is what builds strength- exercises that are based on the basic general movements of your body. I think a lot of people waste time on stupid exercises. Take the shake-weight for example. I mean yes it may be entertaining to watch but c'mon, really??

With that said, if you are doing push-ups and you feel like your triceps are giving out before everything else it wouldn't hurt to concentrate on working them out for a while. As for biceps... They are usually used in a pulling motion (pull-ups/lat raises/dumbell curls) I don't know how much biceps are used in push ups. Probably very little. Push ups are mostly chest, triceps, and some back.
                        i think i did say bicep...but i meant triceps. i spent a lot of time working on that, it's what helped me to be able to do push ups, now i think i over did, because my shoulders have basically lost all strength. i willl try doing pull ups, and doing various other effective workouts for my body as a whole...i actually did the 3 sets of 5 today, i did one this morning, and another set this evening and my pushups felt better already...almost back to normal, no shaking or straining like i had a couple of days ago.

i think i will start focusing on all 4 of those groups 3 times a week until my push up count gets back to normal

Comment

i think i did say bicep...but i meant triceps. i spent a lot of time working on that, it's what helped me to be able to do push ups, now i think i over did, because my shoulders have basically lost all strength. i willl try doing pull ups, and doing various other effective workouts for my body as a whole...i actually did the 3 sets of 5 today, i did one this morning, and another set this evening and my pushups felt better already...almost back to normal, no shaking or straining like i had a couple of days ago.

i think i will start focusing on all 4 of those groups 3 times a week until my push up count gets back to normal
                          Moei586, if you are doing exercises for your triceps and you feel pain on your shoulders, I think that you are not doing the exercise in correct manner. So, look what you are doing and change the exercise and try another type for the same muscle, always start with light weight. Good luck!
                          Geo:SWB
                          CBPO Exam:12/10
                          TSl: 5/11
                          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                          Met BI:1/12
                          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                          Qual:cleared 3/12
                          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• Good morning does any one knows how long after the Structual Interview do they contact the applicants for the drug testing/polygraph

Comment

• Originally posted by sealteam View Post
                              Can somebody tell me which forms I am supposed to send off before reporting? On one link of the new hire website it says to send some forms and the other link says to bring them on the first day. I'm thinking I can just send them all and let them sort them out because that site sucks.

I got an e mail that said to fill them all out....do not sign or date them!!! just bring them with you to your first day on the job.
                              Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
                              Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
                              Met BI:4/12
                              VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
                              Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
                              Qual:cleared 04/12
                              PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
                              EOD:06/18/12
                              FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Iczer5 View Post
                                I got an e mail that said to fill them all out....do not sign or date them!!! just bring them with you to your first day on the job.
                                Okie dokie, thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11129 users online. 429 members and 10700 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X