Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If i remember correctly the US Marshals run time for my age group was 13:50. As a CBPO i would have to run faster than a US Marshal....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
      I hope this isn't a reality. I'm a small female, about 5'1"...I can usually out- push up and can always out- sit up most of my guy friends...but, I cannot run. I have been working on it for years, signing up for 5Ks and 10Ks throughout the year. I'm not fast. I'm steady, but I'm not fast. There is no way in the world I could ever run the 1.5 in under 13 minutes. I hope it's not time to hang up my hat over something so petty. There are much more important qualities that this job demands than running, so I would hate for my dreams to be shattered because of it.
      Never say never, Lang... You can do it. I do understand your concern though. Maybe they should have different standards for women? Then again, maybe I don't wanna open up that can of worms... lol
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• this would be interesting for a discussion...maybe all current CBPOs will be merging with BP and get pulled from Airports and the TSA will take over CBPO duties in airports and will start the fitness test and go to FLETC course that CBP has now...hhmmm??????

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
          Yeah but once you graduate FLETC you never take a fitness test again...and just think alot of the supervisors never took one because they didnt start doing it until 2009.
          Well then, in that case we should have fitness tests every few years! (Current CBPOs please don't kill me) LOL
          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

this would be interesting for a discussion...maybe all current CBPOs will be merging with BP and get pulled from Airports and the TSA will take over CBPO duties in airports and will start the fitness test and go to FLETC course that CBP has now...hhmmm??????
            TSOs doing CBPOs' job? Please tell me you're kidding... They better up their standards. No offense to TSOs but the employment process is obviously not as rigorous as working for CBP.

Comment

• Plenty of women here run under 13 mintues. Same goes for all the 40 plus year olds. Sometimes you just have to push yourself. You think it's hard?
              Tell that to the guy who's missing a leg. Or the girl who had a broken foot throught most of the academy. Or the guy with shrapnel in his leg. I could go on, but sometimes it's just time to stop making excuses and get things done. I'm not going to say I don't think it's tough. But it's definately doable for all age groups.

Comment

this would be interesting for a discussion...maybe all current CBPOs will be merging with BP and get pulled from Airports and the TSA will take over CBPO duties in airports and will start the fitness test and go to FLETC course that CBP has now...hhmmm??????
                hmmmm and now that you have mentioned that, that has been a MAJOR gossip buzz going on lately, i never thought anything towards it...BUT that would be very likely. TSA won't be around for too much longer, they are definitely going to merge them into doing something like that, i'll say within the next 5 years there will be a drastic change in that area...and having them take over international/national clearance and document verfication, inspections for the cbp airport aspect really is not that farfetched. This is something constantly brought up within dhs.

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                  Plenty of women here run under 13 mintues. Same goes for all the 40 plus year olds. Sometimes you just have to push yourself. You think it's hard?
                  Tell that to the guy who's missing a leg. Or the girl who had a broken foot throught most of the academy. Or the guy with shrapnel in his leg. I could go on, but sometimes it's just time to stop making excuses and get things done. I'm not going to say I don't think it's tough. But it's definately doable for all age groups.
                  No one is making excuses and this has nothing to do with people and their injuries. Its about being fair to all. What if In the middle of an NFL season the commissioner says there will be no playoffs. The superbowl will be played by the team with the best record the each conference. That would not be fair since there have been many superbowl winners who barely made the playoffs. Thats all i am saying. Also if they wait until the next announcement, then people can judge for themselves if they can do it. To be honest with you, I think that the pft 2 should be the academy standard. That way you know you can pass. Those that dont pass would still have a job and not pack up and move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                    Got my medical on Friday, is anyone else's moving this fast?

Not trying to rub it in. I'm just wondering?
                    I just got scheduled a few days ago for my PFT and my medical! moving very fast! it's barely been 2 1/2 months. I haven't been called for my poly yet though, maybe that is for after i pass my pft

Comment

To be honest with you, I think that the pft 2 should be the academy standard. That way you know you can pass. Those that dont pass would still have a job and not pack up and move.
                      i totally agree. my whole annoyance too is that they should just have the requirements for the pft2 as the overall fitness test and it should be the only one. i honestly don't see the point in having 2, if by the time you take the first pft you are not in good enough shape to the pass 2nd, it is a gambling chance you will be able to pass the pft2, especially with the process moving so fast for some areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                        i totally agree. my whole annoyance too is that they should just have the requirements for the pft2 as the overall fitness test and it should be the only one. i honestly don't see the point in having 2, if by the time you take the first pft you are not in good enough shape to the pass 2nd, it is a gambling chance you will be able to pass the pft2, especially with the process moving so fast for some areas.
                        I like the way nashville pd gave us ours. We took the fitness test. if you passed you took the civil service exam that afternoon. If you failed, you didnt. No ones time wasted for months. You also dont have to compete with people for a job that they will not physically be able to do down the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                          hmmmm and now that you have mentioned that, that has been a MAJOR gossip buzz going on lately, i never thought anything towards it...BUT that would be very likely. TSA won't be around for too much longer, they are definitely going to merge them into doing something like that, i'll say within the next 5 years there will be a drastic change in that area...and having them take over international/national clearance and document verfication, inspections for the cbp airport aspect really is not that farfetched. This is something constantly brought up within dhs.
                          If this does happen what do you think would be the new role of CBP officers?

Comment

• I'm at the academy right now and haven't heard anything about 13 minutes. people love starting stories. next thing you'll hear is oh they changed it to under 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                              Got my medical on Friday, is anyone else's moving this fast?

Not trying to rub it in. I'm just wondering?
                              waiting for CASS to update to see how quick it will move me on since submitting the EQIP/fingerprints on saturday.
                              CBPO
                              App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                              Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                              ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                              APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                              PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                              Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                              Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                                I have two friends in class 312 at the academy and I was told last night starting with class 314 the run time (1.5) will be dropped to 13 mins. If my pft2 is any indication I guess around 20-30 percent of people are going to fail this now.
                                good thing i have been running to hit the 11:30 mark for another physical for maximum point value
                                CBPO
                                App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                                Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                                ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                                APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                                PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                                Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                                Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5468 users online. 347 members and 5121 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X