300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    FAMS? FAMS sit in an aircraft. Where would they run? On the other hand, the buggers can shoot. Then again, they've got the resources and practice time for it.

I imagine that future plans for CBPOs would see more of us running in various situations. FWIW, I've ran a bit on the job. Outside the SWB too.
    LOl yes, their requirements were out this world for the work you actually do on the job...the pay is worth it though.

and i was thinking that too, maybe the outlook for what cbpo's will be doing is being slightly altered in some area...i guess we will see!

Comment

• Question for those who completed E-qip. Do I have to upload the archival copy of the e-qip? Or does the agency recieve it electronically?
      If so the uploads are just for the signigture forms and the financial diclosure repoert...Ect...?
      CBPO
      Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
      NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
      TSL1- 5/25/12
      TSL2 - 5/30/12
      e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
      Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
      PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
      VBT -
      S.I. -
      Medical - 7/13/12
      Drug Test -
      B.I. - In Security Office
      PFT2 -
      EOD -
      $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
        Question for those who completed E-qip. Do I have to upload the archival copy of the e-qip? Or does the agency recieve it electronically?
        If so the uploads are just for the signigture forms and the financial diclosure repoert...Ect...?
        Uploads are just for signature forms.
        Last edited by Locke03; 06-04-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone on here failed the polygraph in the last year and reapplied?

Comment

• Thank you Locke03 that would have been alot of uploads if it were the other way around. My E-qip was 55 pages.
            CBPO
            Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
            NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
            TSL1- 5/25/12
            TSL2 - 5/30/12
            e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
            Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
            PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
            VBT -
            S.I. -
            Medical - 7/13/12
            Drug Test -
            B.I. - In Security Office
            PFT2 -
            EOD -
            $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
              I hope this isn't a reality. I'm a small female, about 5'1"...I can usually out- push up and can always out- sit up most of my guy friends...but, I cannot run. I have been working on it for years, signing up for 5Ks and 10Ks throughout the year. I'm not fast. I'm steady, but I'm not fast. There is no way in the world I could ever run the 1.5 in under 13 minutes. I hope it's not time to hang up my hat over something so petty. There are much more important qualities that this job demands than running, so I would hate for my dreams to be shattered because of it.
              Well thats another issue with dropping the run time to 13, you would have very few females passing. And I thought CBP was looking to hire more females not less. I had 5 females in my class of 48, 4 of them did not finish under 13. I am not sure about the 5th one. And I am not sure they could have ran that fast if they had too.
              CBPO
              TO - 05/08 JFK
              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
                I see you are in Michigan. Are you going to move your family and household stuff after FLETC or before?
                mnewsom21 single no family

Comment

• Got my medical on Friday, is anyone else's moving this fast?

Not trying to rub it in. I'm just wondering?
                  Last edited by Sick of being a Army Grunt; 06-04-2012, 06:00 PM.
                  Test -02 April 2012
                  NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                  TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                  Qualifications - (Pending)
                  PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                  VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                  Drug Test - (pending)
                  Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                  B.I. - In security office
                  Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                  PFT2 -
                  EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                    Well thats another issue with dropping the run time to 13, you would have very few females passing. And I thought CBP was looking to hire more females not less. I had 5 females in my class of 48, 4 of them did not finish under 13. I am not sure about the 5th one. And I am not sure they could have ran that fast if they had too.
                    Thats what I don't get either, if there is suppose to be this big hiring push , how in the world do they think that they will fill all of the jobs when they are going to shrink the potential hiring pool by dropping the run time to 13min??? Mr big government how I will never understand you!
                    Test -02 April 2012
                    TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                    Drug Test - (pending)
                    PFT2 -
                    EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                      I knew only 2 females my entire 7 years in the army, that could run sub 13's..... They were high speed Airborne soldier's..... I wonder if the CBP higher ups who thought this would be a good idea could run 1 1/2 miles in 13 or lower
                      Test -02 April 2012
                      TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                      Drug Test - (pending)
                      PFT2 -
                      EOD -

Comment

• Originally posted by javy03 View Post
                        haha i usualy come under 13:00 or even low 12's, but i sprint from the start to about 1/2 mile sometimes i make a 1:30 1/4 mile with 3:00+ 1/2 mile and close to 5:00 3/14 that will give me almost 8 minutes to finish the last 3/4 and its not that bad.
                        I agree people will have to bust it on the the first half of the run. try to be sub 6 on the first 3/4 mile. By the way i am 41 and just retired from the army. I still run and can do the 13 no prob but others younger than me won't. Its about fitness, not age. I feel bad for those expecting 15 minutes and getting told 13. These people have already uprooted and left previous jobs. You do what you have to do to get the job, but I still say they should start it the next open announcement and not in the middle of this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                          Upps!!! so, I have to start running faster, I am doing 1.5 miles in 13:50
                          don't worry shark, that is easy to achieve if you are already running in the 13s. Just keep running and may have to lay off alcohol and sodas (if you haven't already) and eat healthy to give yourself every advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            FAMS? FAMS sit in an aircraft. Where would they run? On the other hand, the buggers can shoot. Then again, they've got the resources and practice time for it.

I imagine that future plans for CBPOs would see more of us running in various situations. FWIW, I've ran a bit on the job. Outside the SWB too.
                            running to the booth because you are late doesn't count....lol...jk

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                              I consider myself in pretty decent shape and think a 13 minute 1.5mile run time is a little obnoxious. For Border Patrol, maybe I can understand why that would be a requirement. People coming from the military or have spent MONTHS training for that time would not have an issue, but for those already in the application process and those already in academy who are being blindsided with this, I feel very bad for. While it's not that hard to train for, when you train your body to your own max out level pushing it past that takes a lot of time...so I don't take the decision lightly just out of respect for other people...

FAMs didn't even have run time that low. so it is just shocking....for the SWB having a high fitness requirement isn't too far fetched, but if you are working somewhere like michigan or ohio, you may not find it worth it to physically exhaust yoursef lol
                              On a more positive note, maybe this whole thing will encourage us to be more physically fit and possibly adopt a lifestyle that includes consistent exercise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm in top physical condition myself. I'm doing about 8:30 min per mile right now which I think is kind of mediocre. But remember, those who already train or are in better physical condition have to "exhaust" themselves much less.
                              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                                On a more positive note, maybe this whole thing will encourage us to be more physically fit and possibly adopt a lifestyle that includes consistent exercise. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I'm in top physical condition myself. I'm doing about 8:30 min per mile right now which I think is kind of mediocre. But remember, those who already train or are in better physical condition have to "exhaust" themselves much less.
                                Yeah but once you graduate FLETC you never take a fitness test again...and just think alot of the supervisors never took one because they didnt start doing it until 2009.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10153 users online. 294 members and 9859 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X