300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
    It all depends what you have as your geographic preference as to if and when you will get a Tentative Offer.
    So, how do you like the job? must be a great feeling when you get the call!

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
      So, how do you like the job? must be a great feeling when you get the call!
      It's pretty good so far. There's much to learn with all the different aspects of our job. I'm off to Georgia week after next so I am looking forward to that.

Comment

18 months in the process? my god that is brutal! I hope it works out for you.
        I've been in the process for 10 months and it's killing me, Are you in "the security ofiice" like me?
        Thanks. Still in the security office, but I received a NOPA letter. I was told that I resolved it, but still haven't got the official clearance. But from the sounds of it, it's just a matter of time.

Good luck to you.
        Last edited by will0861; 08-27-2008, 11:52 PM.
        ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
        Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
        March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
        July 09 Oral Board
        Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
        Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
          Thanks.. i was thinking it was going to be about 3-4, i guess thats dreaming.. how were your steps after that, did they come quicker?

It's possible. But don't hold your breath. Everyone is different, and there is no rhyme or reason. I began the process, in September, and completed everything by October. I was contacted by an Investigator in December, and was told in March that he completed my background, and submitted the report. I received the NOPA beginning of June, and was told I resolved the NOPA about the first week of August. Then I was told it could be 2-6 weeks before my file makes it's rounds through the chain of command, and is officially cleared.

Good luck to you.
          ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
          Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
          July 09 Oral Board

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
            I'll take a phone call any day. Government or the guy next door, bad news is most often delivered by mail or email, because thats the cowards way. In my experiences, phone calls good, letters bad.
            If someone from DC is calling, its usually to either ask for additional info or to advise you to withdraw your application.

Comment

When you say "sent to adjudicator" What do you mean? Does it mean IA finished your file and sent it to Washington for final determination?
              In IA, theres a person assigned to review the files that your BI sends to them. Once they make their determination they turn your files to their supervisor, which is the adjudicator. They have to both agree. If the sup says no, then you will get an NOP letter for your response for the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by momnie48 View Post
                Hhat is up with CPBO and sending me so many NORs? They e-mailed me one within a few days of passing the test. Then shortly after, I got one in the mail, and then last night was e-mailed a 3rd one. On top of it , there is no further instruction, they even say do not reply.

When can I expect to hear somthing about moving on to the next step?
                It's an error in their system. I've received 4 NORs since I tested in July.

Comment

• I recieved a TO for cbpo position a couple of months ago but had to decline the position at that time for personal reasons. They completed the BI and all other pre-employment requirements. If I decide to re-register next time an announcement is open, how long would it take to get another TO since all other pre-employment requirements have been met? Would the process be quicker than someone who still has to undergo the process? Thanks....

Comment

• Originally posted by johndeere455 View Post
                    I recieved a TO for cbpo position a couple of months ago but had to decline the position at that time for personal reasons. They completed the BI and all other pre-employment requirements. If I decide to re-register next time an announcement is open, how long would it take to get another TO since all other pre-employment requirements have been met? Would the process be quicker than someone who still has to undergo the process? Thanks....
                    Unfortunatley, it will not speed up a t.o. But if and when you do get one, depending on how far in the future it is, some pre-employment steps will be honored. Medical and Physical are good for one year, vbt for 3 years, drug test for one year as well.

Comment

• I received a 94 on my test but the waiting game, as most of you all mentioned, is killer. It looks like there is at least a 2-3 month waiting period on average from the time you take the test and receive a TO. Being that I would like to work in Hawaii, I may have to wait a lot longer. But all in all, I don't mind my current job too much, just looking for something a little more exciting. I wish you all the best of luck!
                      CBPO- Hawaii
                      Written: 07/31/08
                      TO: 09/23/08
                      Pre-employment Forms: Completed 10/09/08
                      Medical: Completed (11/12/08)
                      Drug Test: Completed (11/13/08)
                      Fitness: Completed (10/15/08)
                      VBT: Completed (11/20/08)
                      BI: Completed (2/19/09)
                      Qualifications: GS7 (3/13/09)
                      Referred to TSU: 3/13/09

IEA
                      TO: 11/4/08

Comment

• OK,

I got the call again today. I had to defer my offer due to a trip I had planned. They did not have the Port of Long Beach available this week so I had to accept LAX. EOD September 22, FLETC October 23-Feb ??? (I forgot what she said) Looks like I am gong to have a lonely Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years...

Timeline:
                        Written Test 8/29/2007
                        TO 8/29/2007
                        Physical/Fitness 9/30/2007
                        Met with BI 10/?/2007
                        VBT 10/?/2008
                        BI Clearance 7/30/2008
                        Call on 8/5/2008, second Call on 8/28/2008

Comment

• congrats.. man that must have been one long year of waiting..

Comment

• Man, that is pretty funny. I didn't realized it was almost a year to the day exactly!

Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                            congrats.. man that must have been one long year of waiting..

Comment

• Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
                              OK,

I got the call again today. I had to defer my offer due to a trip I had planned. They did not have the Port of Long Beach available this week so I had to accept LAX. EOD September 22, FLETC October 23-Feb ??? (I forgot what she said) Looks like I am gong to have a lonely Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years...

Timeline:
                              Written Test 8/29/2007
                              TO 8/29/2007
                              Met with BI 10/?/2007
                              VBT 10/?/2008
                              BI Clearance 7/30/2008

Did they say if that changes week to week, or is it possible Long Beach won't be hiring for a while? I was hoping for Long Beach, but I'd take LAX if it was the only choice.
                              ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                              Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                              July 09 Oral Board

Comment

• Congrats, Ill see ya in FLETC in October.

Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
                                OK,

Timeline:
                                Written Test 8/29/2007
                                TO 8/29/2007
                                Met with BI 10/?/2007
                                VBT 10/?/2008
                                BI Clearance 7/30/2008
                                Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                                Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                                Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3089 users online. 178 members and 2911 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X