300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
    Where are you stationed and how has pre academy been for you?
    PM sent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baha View Post
      thank you, i did 86 reps but only 83 counted. I wasn't tired, I just couldn't go any faster for the push ups.
      The man who observed me said hes never seen any that high before. the most they have had someone do at his facility was 35-40 situps and 50 pushups.
      Nice job Baha, I did 44 in my FGS 3, I gave it all I had lol.

Maybe you can take the Glynco push up record, it's 134 in a minute. The record owner is a powerlifter.
      Last edited by Freefallin; 06-01-2012, 12:59 PM.
      CBPO
      TO:04/01/11
      EOD: 08/22/11
      FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Hello all, it's been quite some time since I last posted. I had a period of time where things were not moving at all due to a pending background that has almost lasted a year. I had to end up contacting IA and explained to them that I don't understand why my background has been taking so long, I'm a current DHS employee and haven't had any issues. The person I talked to said that my adjudicator had been sitting on my file for nearly 6 months without any movement and that she would contact my adjudicator to find out what the hold up is. The next day the person from IA called me and told me that my adjudicator would be sending out a notice to me, which I received about 6 days later. The notice proposed possible unsuitability due to a charge off on an old credit account. To make a long story short, myself and the original creditor have been in dispute about this account for quite sometime, it's a debt that was outside the statute of limitations and had contained multiple inaccuracies in it's reporting. I had my attorney cousin represent me on the issue and due to inaccuracies reported and expired statute of limitations he reached a settlement with the creditor for less than 80% of what they were claiming. He knew I only had 15 days to respond to the NOPA and got this handled in 6 days. I mailed my response and supporting documents overnight mail back to my adjudicator and also faxed her a copy. Since I work for DHS it was no problem to obtain her contact info, I notified her that everything had been sent to her and she responded back thanking me for the response and said she would work on it. I'm hoping for a good result, I recently got promoted to grade 11 step 1 with the feds in the Los Angeles area and am currently debating if I should now take the voluntary demotion to a grade 7 step 10 because it still won't even out to what I'm making now. In the long run both positions promote to 12 and CBPO makes overtime, so I believe the more lucrative career will be as a CBPO plus it's the type of work I would rather be doing.
        YOU'VE GOT THE MAGIC EYE, HOYT!!!

Comment

In my opinion, no matter who administers your poly, it is never a pleasant experience. With that said, the special agent that administered my poly was one of the nicest and most professional individuals I've met. I was truly blessed. I was 110 percent honest so there was nothing left to say. Still he told me that quality control would have the final word as to whether I passed, failed, or had to do a retake.
          Just wondering when you first took the written exam? It seems like we are on the same timeline as well as I took my Polygraph yesterday. I had one of the most straightforward, to the point administrators and it was so easy conversating with him.
          Geographic Availability: SouthWest
          Application: August 2011
          Exam: August 2011
          N.O.R: September 2011
          TSL1: October 2011
          E-Qip:November 2011
          PFT-1: December 21st, 2011
          B.I.: January 2012-March 2012
          Structured Interview/VBT: March 2012
          Drug Test: May 2012
          Polygraph Test: May 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by socalpdcadet View Post
            Well my BI finished everything and turned in my file around the beginning of november 2011. I got a NOPA around the end of november and submitted my response by december so now I'm just hoping for a positive outcome! Did you meet your BI yet?
            I have not met with my BI, did they pull your credit first before you met with your BI? Also how did your poly go?

Comment

• Originally posted by MuscleShark View Post
              Hello all, it's been quite some time since I last posted. I had a period of time where things were not moving at all due to a pending background that has almost lasted a year. I had to end up contacting IA and explained to them that I don't understand why my background has been taking so long, I'm a current DHS employee and haven't had any issues. The person I talked to said that my adjudicator had been sitting on my file for nearly 6 months without any movement and that she would contact my adjudicator to find out what the hold up is. The next day the person from IA called me and told me that my adjudicator would be sending out a notice to me, which I received about 6 days later. The notice proposed possible unsuitability due to a charge off on an old credit account. To make a long story short, myself and the original creditor have been in dispute about this account for quite sometime, it's a debt that was outside the statute of limitations and had contained multiple inaccuracies in it's reporting. I had my attorney cousin represent me on the issue and due to inaccuracies reported and expired statute of limitations he reached a settlement with the creditor for less than 80% of what they were claiming. He knew I only had 15 days to respond to the NOPA and got this handled in 6 days. I mailed my response and supporting documents overnight mail back to my adjudicator and also faxed her a copy. Since I work for DHS it was no problem to obtain her contact info, I notified her that everything had been sent to her and she responded back thanking me for the response and said she would work on it. I'm hoping for a good result, I recently got promoted to grade 11 step 1 with the feds in the Los Angeles area and am currently debating if I should now take the voluntary demotion to a grade 7 step 10 because it still won't even out to what I'm making now. In the long run both positions promote to 12 and CBPO makes overtime, so I believe the more lucrative career will be as a CBPO plus it's the type of work I would rather be doing.
              How did you get IA to contact your adjudicator? Was it only bc you work for DHS already? My BI has been with IA for almost a year now aswell. Everytime I call they just say it's pending with the adjudicator. The wait is brutal.
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Your BI cleared in cass after 3 months?!?

Yeah, probably because I'm already federal and my file was readily available to them...
                NOR: Northeast 8/29/11
                NOR: Changed to SWB 11/16/11
                TO: 12/30
                Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                Qualifications: Completed, GS-7
                Medical Exam: Completed
                BI: Submitted 2/23/12 Cleared 05/15/2012
                Structured Interview: Completed
                Fitness: Passed 3/05/12
                Poly: 03/24/12
                Drug Screening: Completed
                EOD: July 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                  I know what you mean baha, I try to mix in lower weights at higher reps at least a few times a week in my work outs. Along with 35 to 40 min of running. Really it's the only thing at this point that I can do to prepare. Besides if I didn't, I think the waiting would drive me COMPLETLY insane haha.
                  I'm worried about being able to do enough PT while at FLETC... I run ultra marathons and endurance races... Hopefully they have a good gym there!
                  NOR: Northeast 8/29/11
                  NOR: Changed to SWB 11/16/11
                  TO: 12/30
                  Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                  Qualifications: Completed, GS-7
                  Medical Exam: Completed
                  BI: Submitted 2/23/12 Cleared 05/15/2012
                  Structured Interview: Completed
                  Fitness: Passed 3/05/12
                  Poly: 03/24/12
                  Drug Screening: Completed
                  EOD: July 2

Comment

• Originally posted by socalpdcadet View Post
                    Well my BI finished everything and turned in my file around the beginning of november 2011. I got a NOPA around the end of november and submitted my response by december so now I'm just hoping for a positive outcome! Did you meet your BI yet?
                    I have not met with my BI yet. What was the NOPA for? Did they do a credit check on you first before the BI called you?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sidewayz8 View Post
                      Just wondering when you first took the written exam? It seems like we are on the same timeline as well as I took my Polygraph yesterday. I had one of the most straightforward, to the point administrators and it was so easy conversating with him.
                      Here's my timeline:

Test: 9/1/11
                      NOR: 9/29/11
                      SWB Vacancy announcement email: 12/20/11
                      Actual change to SWB: 12/29/11
                      TO: 2/16/12
                      Pre-employment forms received by MHC: 2/22/12
                      Fitness test: 3/14/12
                      TSL sent by: 3/29/12
                      Medical: 3/28/12
                      VBT/SI: 5/14/12
                      Poly: 5/30/12

When you say that your BI was from January to March what does that mean? It is no longer pending? That seems pretty quick... I still haven't taken the drug test but besides that we have a very similar timeline.
                      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulBP View Post
                        I have not met with my BI yet. What was the NOPA for? Did they do a credit check on you first before the BI called you?
                        It was for employment issues at an old job that I had. I had been disciplined a few times for minor issues and got laid off from a job but the NOPA stated that I had been fired from that said job so I had to clear that up for them. And my credit got pulled around June 21 and I was contacted by my BI around the end of September.
                        BPA
                        Written (87) 11/29/10
                        NOR 12/3/10
                        TSL1 07/26/11
                        Poly 08/15/11
                        PT 08/22/11
                        Drug Test 09/02/11
                        OB 09/13/11
                        BI meeting 10/10/11
                        TSU 06/29/12

CBPO
                        Written (79) 12/07/10
                        NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
                        NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
                        TSL1 06/14/11
                        Poly 08/15/11
                        Medical and PT 08/22/11
                        VBT/SI 08/26/11
                        Drug Test 09/02/11
                        BI meeting 10/10/11
                        TSU 06/21/12
                        EOD 08/13/12
                        FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

Comment

• Got my poly on the 18th, cant wait to get this behind me
                          Test -02 April 2012
                          NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                          TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                          Qualifications - (Pending)
                          PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                          VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                          Drug Test - (pending)
                          Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                          B.I. - In security office
                          Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                          PFT2 -
                          EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• ^ how did that happen so quick? you didn't even get through the other stuff.
                            tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                            NOR-11/11
                            TSL- 11/17/11
                            pft1- 12/8/11
                            Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                            Qual- completed 3/12
                            Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                            S I-completed 3/12
                            Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                            Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                            Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                            Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                            new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• hey guys I have a question, I just received my TSL for CBPO today and im being asked to send them the same forms I already uploaded to the USA Test Manager Site when I received my NOR minus the Tentative Selection Letter Agreement and Contact info Form. Did you guys resend the same forms again? This was for the last current announcement. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by BPhopeful View Post
                                hey guys I have a question, I just received my TSL for CBPO today and im being asked to send them the same forms I already uploaded to the USA Test Manager Site when I received my NOR minus the Tentative Selection Letter Agreement and Contact info Form. Did you guys resend the same forms again? This was for the last current announcement. Thanks!
                                It's usually a good idea to send what they ask for even you have already submitted it.
                                Gek.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7631 users online. 446 members and 7185 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X