Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Baha View Post
    thank you, i did 86 reps but only 83 counted. I wasn't tired, I just couldn't go any faster for the push ups.
    The man who observed me said hes never seen any that high before. the most they have had someone do at his facility was 35-40 situps and 50 pushups.
    What's more impressive to me is the 59 sit ups in such a short time frame. lol I did about 50 and I was pretty much slamming my back on the ground. I only did 1 more push up than what you get the maximum credit for, since I didn't want to tire myself out for the rest of the workouts. I did get maximum scores on everything though 83 is really good though. I wonder if I could have matched that...
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

    Comment


    • For all of you filling out the Eqip: Cohabitant= To live together in a sexual relationship, especially when not legally married.

      Just in case anyone makes the same mistake I did. You do not want to have to explain to MHC that you do not cohabitate with your parents... (or more realistically fill out the Eqip again lol)
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

      Comment


      • Done with the polygraph. Now it's up to Quality Control to give me the final decision.
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

        Comment


        • haven't been on in a while but just wanted to wish everyone luck and hopefully you'll get the call...

          out of curiousity has anyone heard about the fgs requirements? I heard that it's changing for every session after 314
          CBPO
          GEO Pref: SWB
          App Date: 8/2/11
          Written Exam: 9/1/11
          NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
          TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
          E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
          SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
          PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
          Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
          BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
          VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
          DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
          Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
          Call Rec.: 3/2/12
          PFT2: 3/16/12
          EOD: 4/9/12
          FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

          Comment


          • Originally posted by buis02 View Post
            haven't been on in a while but just wanted to wish everyone luck and hopefully you'll get the call...

            out of curiousity has anyone heard about the fgs requirements? I heard that it's changing for every session after 314
            Nope, but are you having fun at FLETC?!
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

            Comment


            • What many people fail to work on for their fitness test is muscular endurance. Many individuals are busy lifting heavy weights in small sets instead of a medium weight more times. Muscular endurance goes a LONG way no matter the discipline you are training for.

              If anyone needs help, you are more than welcome to ask for it. Ill do my best to help. If you'd like some background on me... I was a collegiate athlete who competed in track and cross country as well as Tri's/Du's after college. I now coach at the collegiate level.

              Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
              What's more impressive to me is the 59 sit ups in such a short time frame. lol I did about 50 and I was pretty much slamming my back on the ground. I only did 1 more push up than what you get the maximum credit for, since I didn't want to tire myself out for the rest of the workouts. I did get maximum scores on everything though 83 is really good though. I wonder if I could have matched that...
              CBPO
              Exam: Pass 88 6/28/11
              Geo: SWB
              Qual: Passed
              Medical: Passed
              Pft1: Passed 59 Situps 83 Pushups
              BI: Pending
              VBT/SI: Passed
              Drug Test: Passed
              Poly: 9/10/12
              PFT2: ?
              The Call: 10/29/12
              EOD: Dec 3
              Academy: Jan 10 - May 16

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Baha View Post
                What many people fail to work on for their fitness test is muscular endurance. Many individuals are busy lifting heavy weights in small sets instead of a medium weight more times. Muscular endurance goes a LONG way no matter the discipline you are training for.

                If anyone needs help, you are more than welcome to ask for it. Ill do my best to help. If you'd like some background on me... I was a collegiate athlete who competed in track and cross country as well as Tri's/Du's after college. I now coach at the collegiate level.
                I know what you mean baha, I try to mix in lower weights at higher reps at least a few times a week in my work outs. Along with 35 to 40 min of running. Really it's the only thing at this point that I can do to prepare. Besides if I didn't, I think the waiting would drive me COMPLETLY insane haha.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

                NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

                PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

                Comment


                • Originally posted by HopefulBP View Post
                  Nice! How long have you been waiting? I've seen short timelines and REALLY long timelines. I hope I see some movement soon, background ha been in security office since March 23.
                  Well my BI finished everything and turned in my file around the beginning of november 2011. I got a NOPA around the end of november and submitted my response by december so now I'm just hoping for a positive outcome! Did you meet your BI yet?
                  BPA
                  Written (87) 11/29/10
                  NOR 12/3/10
                  TSL1 07/26/11
                  Poly 08/15/11
                  PT 08/22/11
                  Drug Test 09/02/11
                  OB 09/13/11
                  BI meeting 10/10/11
                  TSU 06/29/12

                  CBPO
                  Written (79) 12/07/10
                  NOR 02/01/11 (LAX/LB)
                  NOR 04/28/11 (CA SWB)
                  TSL1 06/14/11
                  Poly 08/15/11
                  Medical and PT 08/22/11
                  VBT/SI 08/26/11
                  Drug Test 09/02/11
                  BI meeting 10/10/11
                  TSU 06/21/12
                  EOD 08/13/12
                  FLETC 09/12/12-01/25/13

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                    Nope, but are you having fun at FLETC?!
                    FLETC is cool. Campus is big... it's starting to get hot. One things for sure, you get tired of the food at chow pretty fast. Always stay away from the grilled chicken because it's over cooked lol... I'm 3 weeks in. As for lectures it's seriously death by powerpoints haha.
                    CBPO
                    GEO Pref: SWB
                    App Date: 8/2/11
                    Written Exam: 9/1/11
                    NOR (Rating: 85, no vet pref, GS-5/7): 9/29/11
                    TSL submitted: 10/12/11 (faxed & mailed)
                    E-Qip submitted: 10/14/11
                    SF86 submitted: 10/25/11
                    PFT1: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/1/11)
                    Med: 11/8/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    BI: 11/15/11 (cleared CASS 12/8/11)
                    VBT/SI: 12/7/11 (cleared CASS 12/15/11)
                    DT: 12/9/11 (cleared CASS 12/20/11)
                    Referred to Schedule EOD 12/15/11
                    Call Rec.: 3/2/12
                    PFT2: 3/16/12
                    EOD: 4/9/12
                    FLETC: 5/11/12 - 9/17/12

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by buis02 View Post
                      FLETC is cool. Campus is big... it's starting to get hot. One things for sure, you get tired of the food at chow pretty fast. Always stay away from the grilled chicken because it's over cooked lol... I'm 3 weeks in. As for lectures it's seriously death by powerpoints haha.
                      LOL I'm a bit worried about the chow. Is there anything for vegetarians? They let you use laptops to take notes right?
                      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mm3454 View Post
                        Anyone here EOD to Calexico on July 2?
                        Your BI cleared in cass after 3 months?!?
                        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

                        Comment


                        • IamWolf how was the polygraph??
                          GEO: SWB
                          TSL 1 & 2: 4/5/13 & 5/1/13
                          Medical & PFT-1: 4/17/13 Passed
                          VBT/SI: 6/17/13 Passed
                          Qual: (GS-5) Cleared
                          Drug Test: Pending
                          BI: In security office
                          Poly: Pending
                          TSU: Pending

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BPAHelibs22 View Post
                            IamWolf how was the polygraph??
                            In my opinion, no matter who administers your poly, it is never a pleasant experience. With that said, the special agent that administered my poly was one of the nicest and most professional individuals I've met. I was truly blessed. I was 110 percent honest so there was nothing left to say. Still he told me that quality control would have the final word as to whether I passed, failed, or had to do a retake.
                            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                              LOL I'm a bit worried about the chow. Is there anything for vegetarians? They let you use laptops to take notes right?
                              I’ve heard the salad bar there is good, so that may be a great option for you. My friends who left for FLETC last week said the grubs good all around.

                              1 more day of pre-academy for me, can’t wait to get to FLETC.
                              Last edited by Locke03; 06-01-2012, 10:52 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                                I’ve heard the salad bar there is good, so that may be a great option for you. My friends who left for FLETC last week said the grubs good all around.

                                1 more day of pre-academy for me, can’t wait to get to FLETC.
                                Where are you stationed and how has pre academy been for you?
                                "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9331 users online. 323 members and 9008 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X