300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by formerNOPD
    Some states recognise the training others do not. I know New Mexico will recognise it for lateral purposes. Its called certification by waiver, but you have to get all the information from them first to make sure you qualify.
    Other states like Texas will not recognise the training for state certification, as they generally only accept other state certified individuals as equal, not federal training.
    Well ok then. I just want to make sure theres something CBP trained officers that decide to move on, for any reason, can do elsewhere without having to go back and do the whole thing over again. It would be nice if the fed allowed it . But as long as at least a few states recognize the training, even if it requires 'compliance' training without a direct 'lateral', its better then nothing at all.

Comment

• NOPD--Yup, I've been waiting for the next step for amost two months.
      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Well guys, my background cleared on tuesday and got a job offer and accepted today! Academy start may 24th but i start reporting to my duty station april 30th. Good luck to you all!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj
          Well guys, my background cleared on tuesday and got a job offer and accepted today! Academy start may 24th but i start reporting to my duty station april 30th. Good luck to you all!
          Thats awesome! Congrats. I'm still pending on most things except my medical and fitness which are complete. My VBT is next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by karn101
            Thats awesome! Congrats. I'm still pending on most things except my medical and fitness which are complete. My VBT is next week.
            Dont sweat it bro, that VBT is a breeze and so is all the rest. The hardest part is just waiting for your background check to get completed. But stay positive cuz my process went super fast, i think. From the time i got my tentative selection letter to gettin hired took my less than 4 months.
            Good luck!

Comment

Well guys, my background cleared on tuesday and got a job offer and accepted today! Academy start may 24th but i start reporting to my duty station april 30th. Good luck to you all!
              FLETC in the summer oooh i feel bad for you. Hint bring bug spray (the georgia state bird is the sand gnat they bite!!)
              good luck
              Anyone know what the 1.5 mile run is down to now when i went it was 19:00 min.
              When in doubt prone em' out!

Comment

Congrats on getting hired. I know background checks differ for each person but how long did it take after you met with the bakground investigator to the time it cleared? I met with my background investigator about 2 1/2 weeks ago and just trying to get a general time frame. Thanks
                Annoy a liberal use facts and logic

Liberalism, when hating America just isn't enough

Liberals, destroying freedom one Bill at a time

Obama the Change we can't afford

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue8081
                  FLETC in the summer oooh i feel bad for you. Hint bring bug spray (the georgia state bird is the sand gnat they bite!!)
                  good luck
                  Anyone know what the 1.5 mile run is down to now when i went it was 19:00 min.
                  Yeah bro i know, used to live in panama city when i was in the air force, hot as hell there too. Anyways the 1.5 mile is 16 and half minutes as of right now.
                  thanks for the conrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Legend1bt
                    Congrats on getting hired. I know background checks differ for each person but how long did it take after you met with the bakground investigator to the time it cleared? I met with my background investigator about 2 1/2 weeks ago and just trying to get a general time frame. Thanks
                    Well i wanna say took about 5 weeks or so. But i think the time in which you wait is more based on where your application is at in the pile as opposed to it actually being that extensive of review. i imagine they know what there looking for and it probably takes em 20 minutes once they get to yours.
                    Well good luck and dont sweat it. I got offered a position 2 days after my b.i. cleared and it says in CASS that it normally takes 30-60 das, so maybe they're pushin dudes thru.

Comment

• Hey guys I got my tentive letter yesterday after passing my test. You guys wouldnt believe how many people failed it, it was unreal to me. More than half of the people that were there failed it. Anyways, they told me that I have my interview and my mendical along with the physical exam next month. Then after that its just waiting for the background. My process was faster than most of the people who apply because I applied at a compressed facility which rushs you to get hired quicker than most. If all goes well I should get hired on by june. Hope to see anyone who is just got hired at FLETC.
                      Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

• I wish I had applied/taken the test any thoughts on when they might have it again?

Comment

• Originally posted by igneous
                          I wish I had applied/taken the test any thoughts on when they might have it again?

They are always giving out tests for it. See if by where you live they are offering the compressed testing. Most people have to wait months to get hired and if you apply at a compressed facility your hiring time will be 2 months and a half. It really depends on your background. If you want to apply for it go to CBP.GOV . Go there and it will give you the rest of the information on how to apply. Keep us posted if you decide to apply.
                          Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

• Originally posted by NavCop22
                            They are always giving out tests for it. See if by where you live they are offering the compressed testing. Most people have to wait months to get hired and if you apply at a compressed facility your hiring time will be 2 months and a half. It really depends on your background. If you want to apply for it go to CBP.GOV . Go there and it will give you the rest of the information on how to apply. Keep us posted if you decide to apply.
                            I dont see anywhere on their site about the tests. I dont think I'd want to relocate for this position, so I'm hoping for something around southern new england.

Comment

• Yeah, if theres a way to take the tests and get the ball rolling without the actual announcement too I would be all over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by igneous
                                I dont see anywhere on their site about the tests. I dont think I'd want to relocate for this position, so I'm hoping for something around southern new england.

Aint going to happen. They are sending all the new hires to the Southwest. I couldnt care less where they sent me. This is a job where I will stay in FOREVER until I either retire or get killed. I would say just keep applying to your local agencies then or to the states LE agencies. You should really consider it because this is a good job and a great way to kick start your career. However, if you are not willing to relocate then I guess just keep looking at your local agencies. Sorry I couldnt help with the CBP site link.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10077 users online. 444 members and 9633 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X