Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah, i had a feeling they would extend it again and add on other regions, so many people applying or switching to the swb, if i were you i probably wouldnt change it at this point.
    but so many people applied it's kind of hard to believe they would need to extend it twice, i guess with all these people failing polys, pfts, and interviews it seems as if its more 1 in 20 than 1 in 10 lol.
    but like i said before, a lot of applicants apply out of state and end up not being able to take the positions because they can't afford the move...so make sure you have thousands saved up people

i relocated for my current dhs job, and let me tell you it is a costly and gambling investment, i easily spent at least $4500, not including a downpayment for my place...lol and thats something you need up front, one of my friends that lives near my other house in AZ ran into that dilemma...waited 4 years, didn't have the money to relocate. he reapplied and got in within a year though

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
      yeah, i had a feeling they would extend it again and add on other regions, so many people applying or switching to the swb, if i were you i probably wouldnt change it at this point.
      but so many people applied it's kind of hard to believe they would need to extend it twice, i guess with all these people failing polys, pfts, and interviews it seems as if its more 1 in 20 than 1 in 10 lol.
      but like i said before, a lot of applicants apply out of state and end up not being able to take the positions because they can't afford the move...so make sure you have thousands saved up people

i relocated for my current dhs job, and let me tell you it is a costly and gambling investment, i easily spent at least $4500, not including a downpayment for my place...lol and thats something you need up front, one of my friends that lives near my other house in AZ ran into that dilemma...waited 4 years, didn't have the money to relocate. he reapplied and got in within a year though
      the only reason i was wanting to change to swb is because i already had everything green in cass at the end of last year. I couldn't take the position at the time due to unforseen family circumstances...everything is good now though and am ready again. The first thing i took was my medical on July 19, 2011. I know it is good for a year. Thats why i am hoping for a tsl soon. I understand what you are saying about moving though. I know patience is a virtue. Trying to keep it...lol

Comment

• Have a safe and happy Memorial Day Holiday to all..!!!!!

Comment

• haha omg i know...did you try calling?! when i called about mine, i received it the next day...i dont leave a message when i call, i just keep trying periodically until someone answers

Comment

• When and where are you guys doing your spanish training. Right after basic or later on at glenco or charlston ?

Comment

• Originally posted by mnewsom21 View Post
              Wow thats crazy!! I see they are still looking for applicants in southeast. I got my NOR for Southeast on April 2. scored a 99. Haven't heard anything since aside from uploading my docs which i did the next day. If they are still taking applications for the southeast I wonder why i haven't heard anything? I was thinking of switching to SWB but am trying to hold out as long as I can.
              Hey same situation I am in except for Northwest/Northern Border Region (see my signature). I am also seriously considering switching to SWB, but I am hoping to get picked up in my current GEO soon.. its a crapshoot though
              Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
                When and where are you guys doing your spanish training. Right after basic or later on at glenco or charlston ?
                You graduate on a Thur or Fri from FLETC...and you start Spanish on the following Mon in Charleston if I'm not mistaken...
                19 weeks of Academy + 6 weeks of Spanish Back to Back
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post
                  Hey same situation I am in except for Northwest/Northern Border Region (see my signature). I am also seriously considering switching to SWB, but I am hoping to get picked up in my current GEO soon.. its a crapshoot though
                  I will stick it out with my southeast pick as long as i can. I currently live in Nashville so if i was given an offer of Atlanta it would only take me 4 hours to drive there. My wife doesn't want to go to the swb. I also look at it as that so many people switch to swb it shrinks the applicant list for our geo prefs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                    haha omg i know...did you try calling?! when i called about mine, i received it the next day...i dont leave a message when i call, i just keep trying periodically until someone answers
                    Guess I can call tuesday and ask if they are sending TSL's for Southeast and make sure they got my docs. I doubt they would care about being all green previously in cass but maybe i will get lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      You graduate on a Thur or Fri from FLETC...and you start Spanish on the following Mon in Charleston if I'm not mistaken...
                      19 weeks of Academy + 6 weeks of Spanish Back to Back
                      Graduation isn't always on Thurday's or Friday's, it can be any weekday. But you go to Charleston the next day and start class. That depends if you have enough people to make a class. If not, you'll report to Charleston and wait for enough people to graduate from Glynco and make a class.

Comment

• I grad on a Mon from Glenco and I guess will got to Charlston on Tues start spanish wed.

Comment

• Question, for any current cbp officers. Upon graduation do u get ur gun and badge? Or is that something you get at your Poe?
                          Test -02 April 2012
                          NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                          TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                          Qualifications - (Pending)
                          PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                          VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                          Drug Test - (pending)
                          Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                          B.I. - In security office
                          Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                          PFT2 -
                          EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                            Question, for any current cbp officers. Upon graduation do u get ur gun and badge? Or is that something you get at your Poe?
                            Years back, it used to be that the badge/creds came with the graduation ceremony and the gun was shipped to your port to be picked up there.

Comment

• badge and creds at ceremony. Weapon gets checked out at the gate

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                                badge and creds at ceremony. Weapon gets checked out at the gate

So we start carrying our weapon at the Spanish school
                                Test -02 April 2012
                                NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                                TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                                Qualifications - (Pending)
                                PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                                VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                                Drug Test - (pending)
                                Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                                B.I. - In security office
                                Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                                PFT2 -
                                EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11290 users online. 400 members and 10890 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X