300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
    Those that have been through the polygraph or are schedule for it: were you notice through a letter, email or call?
    A call

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
      Hello is the vbt and si the same interview or it's separate and do you have to take both also who rates the interview the test site or mhc
      They happen on the same day but they're separate. If you fail only one you're out of the process. You have to take both unless you fail the VBT then they might send you home already. Test site rates and then I believe they send it to another port for evaluation as well.
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
        Those that have been through the polygraph or are schedule for it: were you notice through a letter, email or call?
        They called.
        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Okay cause I took mine on the 22 did the vbt first then about 30 minutes later I did the SI with two customs officials

Comment

Okay cause I took mine on the 22 did the vbt first then about 30 minutes later I did the SI with two customs officials
            That sounds right.

Comment

• What stage in the process are you up to

Comment

What stage in the process are you up to
                If you're replying to me I am done with the VBT/SI and I have two checks to go- Drug screening and BI. I got my poly scheduled next week.

Comment

• Good Afternoon,

Is anyone reporting to Port San Ysidro in California, for a CBPO position, July 8th or 9th?

Also having an academy start date for 8/8 to 12/13?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                    Negative, 1.5 was not on a track for us. Whether it is at the location you end up choosing is anyone's guess. In our case, the PFT2 was within the confines of a state/regional park. The proctors got into their Ford Interceptor and drove .75 miles and put down the cone. Everyone started at the same time, and the clock started ticking. You had to stay within the bike lane, and were not allowed to run on the grass along the road we ran on. If you can run fast, you can pull ahead and lead the pack, if you're a slower runner, you run at your own pace. As we got to the cone from the starting line, they read off your time, the medic is always trailing the last runner to make sure nobody has any health issues during the run.

I forgot to mention yesterday, that the push-ups and sit-ups are demonstrated before that portion of the test.

The only thing they test before the whole PFT2 is your heart rate and your blood pressure. Heart rate is done via one of those clip on finger monitor deals which gives a digital readout. The blood pressure measurement is done old school style, he puts the thing on your left arm, pumps the pump and checks the reading.

Thanks for the heads up sandwich man! That's great information to have. Greatly appreciated!
                    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                    Score:9X.XX%
                    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Took my PFT 1 today, pretty sure I passed everything. My scores were:

Pushups: 35
                      Situps: 30
                      Lift/Lower: 30 seconds
                      Side step: 16
                      Step test: pass

I've come a long way from only being able to do 5 pushups and a 14 minute mile a few months ago. I'm going to keep working and hopefully I can make it through the rest of the process.
                      CBPO:
                      Test Date: 3/26/2012
                      NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                      NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                      TSL: 4/27/2012
                      PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                      Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                      VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                      Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                      Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                        You can always email them to see if you did. They actually emailed me a week ago saying they didn't have a phone number for me, and then I got the call to schedule it on Thursday. As far as your question about the step test, it went by quicker than I thought and was easy. My only advice would be practicing switching off your lead foot because I didn't and my foot almost cramped since I kept steeping on the same foot and didn't stretch. So switch lead feet and stretch and it isn't hard

I emailed them a few days ago and was informed that I did not email them a prov agreement lol, and the same day I was contacted to take my PFT 1 30 May..... Im excitied that im moving through the process now and Im surprised at how professional the HR people are..... They always reply within a few days of emailing.
                        Test -02 April 2012
                        NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                        TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                        Qualifications - (Pending)
                        PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                        VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                        Drug Test - (pending)
                        Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                        B.I. - In security office
                        Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                        PFT2 -
                        EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Yes, exactly, start at point A, run down to the cone, run back to point A. My time at the cone was 5:50 or 6:50, on the way back I slacked off a little and my end time ended up being 13:45. Others finished faster, a few people came in behind me.

To practice either the 220 yards or the 1.5 mile, run them every other day. For example, if you want to practice the 1.5, run it M W F or T TH. Same thing with the 220, don't run it every day either, run it every other day to give your body time to recover. Running either every single day messes up your run times and you risk hurting yourself. Oh, yeah, it goes without saying that you should be stretching your leg muscles before each practice run and the PFT2 (quads, hamstrings, calves).

The PFT2 is really not too big of a deal. Keep up with your work out routine and/or the monthly fitness tip emails MHC sends out and you'll be fine. Looking back at the process, I'd say the VBT and PFT2 were my favorite parts of the whole thing.
                          Last edited by sandwichman; 05-24-2012, 03:03 PM.
                          CBP written test Miami, FL
                          11/10/2007
                          NOR letter 01/16/2008
                          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                          9/4/2009
                          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                          never got first)
                          qualifications completed
                          BI interview 9/30/2009
                          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                          poly: Mar 2011
                          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                            Yes, exactly, start at point A, run down to the cone, run back to point A. My time at the cone was 5:50 or 6:50, on the way back I slacked off a little and my end time ended up being 13:45. Others finished faster, a few people came in behind me.

To practice either the 220 yards or the 1.5 mile, run them every other day. For example, if you want to practice the 1.5, run it M W F or T TH. Same thing with the 220, don't run it every day either, run it every other day to give your body time to recover. Running either every single day messes up your run times and you risk hurting yourself. Oh, yeah, it goes without saying that you should be stretching your leg muscles before each practice run and the PFT2 (quads, hamstrings, calves).

The PFT2 is really not too big of a deal. Keep up with your work out routine and/or the monthly fitness tip emails MHC sends out and you'll be fine. Looking back at the process, I'd say the VBT and PFT2 were my favorite parts of the whole thing.
                            It had to be 5:50 because mine was 6:15. After I heard that it was slow motion from there on. He was like slow it down and take it on home.

Comment

• I lost a bit of momentum for a bit but I'm getting back on track! Drug test cleared today, so I'm stepping it up! Getting close to the finish line.
                              Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                              Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                              TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                              PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                              Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                              VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                              B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                              Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                              Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                              PFT2: ?

Comment

• I got my 2 mile run down to 23 mins. It's my second time running in years. The first time it took me 25 mins, lol. I got some work to do but it seems the way that MHC is takes a while to hire I got time, lol.
                                Geo:SWB
                                CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                                TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                                Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                                VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                                Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                                Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                                Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                                BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                                TSU: 3/28/13
                                EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                                FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5921 users online. 345 members and 5576 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X