300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enjoy the black flag days
    Actually, red flag is just as bad, except you still get to pt with a red flag
    Last edited by amillot; 05-23-2012, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Back from Dallas, Passed the PFT2!!! Presidio here I come! (next month)
      They had the foam block for the push ups there.....OH do not get to excited or pumped up before they take your pulse and BP.....almost did not test because mine was so high lol...had to calm down to pass. (2 others had to do the same thing)
      Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
      Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
      Met BI:4/12
      VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
      Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
      Qual:cleared 04/12
      PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
      EOD:06/18/12
      FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

• can some of you who have done/are doing pre fletc at NOG poe drop me a PM have some questions

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
          Thank you.

It wasn't that bad. There was one woman, and about 10 guys taking the PFT2 at our location and 4 proctors (one CBP medic, two BP guys, and one BP woman).

As many of the vets on here have said, don't wait to get into shape at FLETC. Practice everything in the monthly emails BEFORE you're scheduled for your PFT2.
          Thank you, Sandwichman, I am doing my homework, but I have a question, the 1.5 mi is in a running track right? and how is the medical exam before the PFT2? is only blood pressure or something else?
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:12/10
          TSl: 5/11
          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
          Met BI:1/12
          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
          Qual:cleared 3/12
          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
          PFT2:
          EOD:

Comment

• Hello is the vbt and si the same interview or it's separate and do you have to take both also who rates the interview the test site or mhc
            Last edited by CTM045; 05-24-2012, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTM045 View Post
              Hello is the vbt and si the same interview or it's separate and do you have to take both also who rates the interview the test site or mhc
              VBT and SI are seperate. VBT is a video based test that rates you on your response to different scenarios. SI is a basic interview like any other job you would apply to.
              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
              TSU: 3/28/13
              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

Hello is the vbt and si the same interview or it's separate and do you have to take both also who rates the interview the test site or mhc
                No, you will have two (2) interview, one VBT and another SI which will be with 2 CBP officers. My were the same day, but some people took them in different days. After this, you will received an e-mail telling you that you passed...
                PFT2:
                EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                  Thank you, Sandwichman, I am doing my homework, but I have a question, the 1.5 mi is in a running track right? and how is the medical exam before the PFT2? is only blood pressure or something else?
                  Negative, 1.5 was not on a track for us. Whether it is at the location you end up choosing is anyone's guess. In our case, the PFT2 was within the confines of a state/regional park. The proctors got into their Ford Interceptor and drove .75 miles and put down the cone. Everyone started at the same time, and the clock started ticking. You had to stay within the bike lane, and were not allowed to run on the grass along the road we ran on. If you can run fast, you can pull ahead and lead the pack, if you're a slower runner, you run at your own pace. As we got to the cone from the starting line, they read off your time, the medic is always trailing the last runner to make sure nobody has any health issues during the run.

I forgot to mention yesterday, that the push-ups and sit-ups are demonstrated before that portion of the test.

The only thing they test before the whole PFT2 is your heart rate and your blood pressure. Heart rate is done via one of those clip on finger monitor deals which gives a digital readout. The blood pressure measurement is done old school style, he puts the thing on your left arm, pumps the pump and checks the reading.
                  CBP written test Miami, FL
                  11/10/2007
                  NOR letter 01/16/2008
                  VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                  Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                  Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                  9/4/2009
                  Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                  drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                  TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                  never got first)
                  qualifications completed
                  BI interview 9/30/2009
                  BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                  poly: Mar 2011
                  updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                  BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Merlin...

Whaattttt???? That sounds crazy. I didn't hear about that one. What POE was that at?
                    CBP written test Miami, FL
                    11/10/2007
                    NOR letter 01/16/2008
                    VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                    Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                    Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                    9/4/2009
                    Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                    drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                    TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                    never got first)
                    qualifications completed
                    BI interview 9/30/2009
                    BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                    poly: Mar 2011
                    updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                    BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

Merlin...

Whaattttt???? That sounds crazy. I didn't hear about that one. What POE was that at?
                      Bangor airport.

Passenger on flight diverted to Bangor won't face charges

Passenger on flight diverted to Bangor won't face charges

Email

Written by David Carkhuff

There won’t be a criminal prosecution of Lucie Zeeko Marigot, a 41-year-old French citizen and native of Cameroon who was taken into custody by the Federal Bureau of Investigation Tuesday following an incident on a U.S. Airways flight from Paris, France to Charlotte, N.C., which was diverted to Bangor International Airport.
                      Authorities said Marigot will not face charges but will be returned to France.
                      Flight No. 787 was diverted "because of a security issue regarding a passenger and what was reported as an implanted device of some kind," U.S. Attorney Thomas E. Delahanty II reported. An investigation into charges of interference with the flight crew members and attendants continued throughout the night and Wednesday morning by the FBI.
                      Marigot was detained, initially based upon probable cause that she interfered with the flight crew, Delahanty reported. She appeared in front of U.S. District Court Magistrate Judge Margaret Kravchuk Wednesday afternoon.
                      Delahanty and Assistant U.S. Attorney James McCarthy informed the court that based on further investigation, a criminal complaint would not be filed against her. Instead, she will be taken into custody by United States Customs and Border Protection to be returned to France, Delahanty reported.
                      Delahanty said that when the plane was over the Atlantic Ocean, it was the correct decision to divert the flight to Bangor, given the circumstances that were known at that time.
                      "Marigot had given a note to a flight attendant along with a book authored by her that details her personal story," he reported. "Both the note and book were in French. The note sought help from President and Mrs. Obama and the American people. The note stated that she was 'simply a victim of a group of doctors' and that she had 'an object in her body that is out of my control.' When the flight attendant asked whether the object could hurt her or others, she replied that she did not know. An examination by two doctors on board determined that she had no visible scars indicating any kind of implant."
                      Upon arriving in Bangor, a search of the plane and baggage revealed no explosives or dangerous items, Delahanty said. The continuing investigation revealed that the plane and its crew and passengers were never actually in danger at any time, he said.
                      Delahanty praised the thorough investigation that was conducted by the FBI, CBP, the Transportation Security Administration and the Bangor Police Department.

Comment

• Ok thanks a lot

Comment

Mine were the same date with about 20 minutes in between. I also did my PFT1 that day in the afternoon. They scheduled everything very conveniently for my end.

Comment

Negative, 1.5 was not on a track for us. Whether it is at the location you end up choosing is anyone's guess. In our case, the PFT2 was within the confines of a state/regional park. The proctors got into their Ford Interceptor and drove .75 miles and put down the cone. Everyone started at the same time, and the clock started ticking. You had to stay within the bike lane, and were not allowed to run on the grass along the road we ran on. If you can run fast, you can pull ahead and lead the pack, if you're a slower runner, you run at your own pace. As we got to the cone from the starting line, they read off your time, the medic is always trailing the last runner to make sure nobody has any health issues during the run.

I forgot to mention yesterday, that the push-ups and sit-ups are demonstrated before that portion of the test.

The only thing they test before the whole PFT2 is your heart rate and your blood pressure. Heart rate is done via one of those clip on finger monitor deals which gives a digital readout. The blood pressure measurement is done old school style, he puts the thing on your left arm, pumps the pump and checks the reading.
                            Thank you Sandwichman, good explanation. What was your time running the 1.5 ? or the average from your group?
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

So, it was .75 x 2 = 1.5 right?
                              PFT2:
                              EOD:

Comment

• Those that have been through the polygraph or are schedule for it: were you notice through a letter, email or call?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10120 users online. 370 members and 9750 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X