300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    As with many things, it'll depend on the port.

Expect hiring paperwork, computer setup and training, familiarization, etc. for the first few days.
    After that, it's pretty much dependent on whatever tasks the port has available to keep you busy.
    Thanks for the info. That was very helpful
    Geo:SWB
    CBPO Exam:08/2/11
    TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
    Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
    VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
    Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
    Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
    Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
    BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
    TSU: 3/28/13
    EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
    FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• There are 330+ independent(on one level or another) ports and hundreds of other crossings, facilities and other work locations.

What that means is that as often as not, there are dozens if not hundreds of different ways that any one port might go about addressing an issue. Some ports are 1 man operations, many are 2-15 man duty stations and several are multiple hundreds of CBPOs under 'one roof'.

If anybody is looking for an easy answer that covers all 21000K CBPOs in every situation, they're likely to find themselves disappointed. Chances are that easy answer does not and never did exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
        So I talked to MHC today, and long behold they were missing a dd214. Scanned and sent it over, hopefully it will clear now!
        Ya so often you hear their is some form missing and holding up somebodys process. They are handling a tremendous amount of apps right now, so mistakes are bound to happen. Now hopeful they have all your paperwork and your quals clear quickly. See never hurts to ask as long as you aren't contacting them every day. Haha
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• I have my B.I already completed for BP can I use the same B.I for CBP??
          GEO: SWB
          TSL 1 & 2: 4/5/13 & 5/1/13
          Medical & PFT-1: 4/17/13 Passed
          VBT/SI: 6/17/13 Passed
          Qual: (GS-5) Cleared
          Drug Test: Pending
          BI: In security office
          Poly: Pending
          TSU: Pending

Comment

• PFT2, 10:00 in the morning!! Should be fun!! ^_^ Dallas here I come!!!
            Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
            Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
            Met BI:4/12
            VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
            Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
            Qual:cleared 04/12
            PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
            EOD:06/18/12
            FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

• What should I wear for the poly? Jeans and a t-shirt ok?
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Wow... Just learned that besides the 2 we picked up this week, we will have 6 more new hires coming in next Monday!... so SEEOH I'll now have 12 under me!!!...
                Now, even though we're getting all these new people, we're practically just breaking even with all the people that have and are retiring this year.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by BPAHelibs22 View Post
                  I have my B.I already completed for BP can I use the same B.I for CBP??

It is my understanding that it's the same.

Comment

• Just called and scheduled my Drug Test for this Friday in the afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serfloco View Post
                      Drug test cleared today. One more to go. I hope to get a call from my BI soon. I am still active duty getting out at the end of this year. Should I ask for an early out sooner that December? What you guys think about it?
                      Based on my personal experience dont get out too early. I made that mistake back in 2009 and I am still wating for my BI to clear. I could have re-enlisted while wating and still be doing something that I enjoy more than what i do now. Just keep living your life and dont let this application put your life on hold.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
                        Based on my personal experience dont get out too early. I made that mistake back in 2009 and I am still wating for my BI to clear. I could have re-enlisted while wating and still be doing something that I enjoy more than what i do now. Just keep living your life and dont let this application put your life on hold.
                        +1

Comment

• passed PFT2 yesterday, off to Maine next month
                          CBP written test Miami, FL
                          11/10/2007
                          NOR letter 01/16/2008
                          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                          9/4/2009
                          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                          never got first)
                          qualifications completed
                          BI interview 9/30/2009
                          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                          poly: Mar 2011
                          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Have my Polygraph scheduled and drug screening today. Very stoked about having the ball rolling and a couple steps closer in serving the country I love so very much.

Comment

• Hello all,

I am from New Jersey and am currently in the process for the SWB. I just scheduled my drug test for this week, which had me thinking about the Poly. Can anyone from NJ or neighboring states tell me how far did they have to travel to get their Poly done? The reason I ask is because I want to see if I will have to take a few days off from work or not in order to get there to get it completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
                                Very good advice Imbb, this process hold our life. unless we don't want to, many people, including me, are living their lives around of the CBPO application. It is sad. . We have to try to keep walking..
                                Geo:SWB
                                CBPO Exam:12/10
                                TSl: 5/11
                                Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                                Met BI:1/12
                                VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                                Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                                Qual:cleared 3/12
                                Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                                PFT2:
                                EOD:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10506 users online. 386 members and 10120 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X