300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
    Going in to do my PFT-1 today, wish me luck! I can do about 50 pushups and around there in situps too so that isn't an issue, but I didn't have anything near 12" to practice the step test with, although I run often so I think I'll do fine, but it is still nerving!
    One last question bro, can u tell me how was the step test? I can max the push ups and sit ups no problem but I was wounded in Afghanistan in November and ive only ran a few times since then.... u seem to be in shape and I wanted to figure out ur level of difficulty...
    Test -02 April 2012
    NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
    TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
    Qualifications - (Pending)
    PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
    VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
    Drug Test - (pending)
    Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
    B.I. - In security office
    Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
    PFT2 -
    EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Well... we had 2 new people EOD today at my port... That's 5 since December, and I was the 1st one picked up in a few years last year. I also learned that 2 more were picked up as well at another port that falls under my port. The latest batch waited 3.5 years to get in!...
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
        One last question bro, can u tell me how was the step test? I can max the push ups and sit ups no problem but I was wounded in Afghanistan in November and ive only ran a few times since then.... u seem to be in shape and I wanted to figure out ur level of difficulty...
        Just wanted to let you know, I performed the step test easily while recovering from a pretty severe leg break (Broken tibia and fibula, torn ligaments and tendons, two plates and 16 screws). I was told to expect at least a year for a full recovery and did my pft1 almost exactly at the 6 month mark and it was a breeze, I felt like I could have easily done another 5 minutes if not more. If you're in any kind of decent shape you should be okay.

Comment

• I ended up picking Calexico, Ca... It's close to the pacific and San Diego... Should be a good time!
          NOR: Northeast 8/29/11
          NOR: Changed to SWB 11/16/11
          TO: 12/30
          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
          Qualifications: Completed, GS-7
          Medical Exam: Completed
          BI: Submitted 2/23/12 Cleared 05/15/2012
          Structured Interview: Completed
          Fitness: Passed 3/05/12
          Poly: 03/24/12
          Drug Screening: Completed
          EOD: July 2

Comment

• goog luck mm3454, tough for the newbie like me reading all these positive things and hearing nothing yet on my own end, but ready for the wait. In the meantime getting the LASIK done and hopefully be already when my time comes.

I guess generally you have a few choices to choose from or you just get lucky instead of being told, go there!?
            CBPO
            App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
            Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
            ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
            APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
            PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
            Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
            Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

step test is pass/fail. It is 5 min at a constant pace, the beat doesnt change.

Comment

• I thought the 1.5 mile run was a part of the pft1...but looking over my TSL letters again, i guess it's only the pft2?

Comment

• That's crazy Yoda. We finally hired another person. That's two people in 3 years. After 10 years I'll have seniority over 9 people pending no one leaves the agency or fails out, ha.

Comment

Congrats, I see we got our tsl's on the same day, how long was it before u got contacted about the pft 1? I'm still just waiting around wondering if I messed something up
                    You can always email them to see if you did. They actually emailed me a week ago saying they didn't have a phone number for me, and then I got the call to schedule it on Thursday. As far as your question about the step test, it went by quicker than I thought and was easy. My only advice would be practicing switching off your lead foot because I didn't and my foot almost cramped since I kept steeping on the same foot and didn't stretch. So switch lead feet and stretch and it isn't hard

Comment

• Ed, shoot me an email or pm on here. I can't find your personal email!

Comment

• Originally posted by Serfloco View Post
                        Are you still active duty?
                        Nope, air national guard

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaSpider View Post
                          Hey guys, first post here. I've been silently reading for about 6 months now.

I took the test for CBPO in March 2012 and selected the Mid West region, since I live in Michigan. I am not completely against moving, so in your opinion, should I stop hoping for the a position in the Mid West and switch my geo preference to SW?
                          What about South East? Has anybody that tested in March 2012 gotten TO's fro SW or SE?
                          I read on the current announcement on USA jobs that CBP has critical needs in both those regions.

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks
                          MY advice...if you're willing to work anywhere...and that likely means some place less than optimal...then chase the job wherever it takes you. Right now, that more or less happens to be southern border locations.

If you want location...then put in for location and hope that the job catches up to you. Eventually, it likely will.

No matter what you do expect to be locked into your location choice for many years. Relocation usually doesn't come early or easy. With the new voluntary reassignment program coming into fruition, much if not most of the future movement is likely to become seniority-based.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                            I thought the 1.5 mile run was a part of the pft1...but looking over my TSL letters again, i guess it's only the pft2?
                            That is correct. No 1.5 mile run or any running for that matter (unless you consider side stepping running) in the PFT1.
                            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by irmalaso View Post
                              We have very similar dates... and I'm from Florida too where are doing your PFT at?
                              Tampa. email me [email]
                              Last edited by javy03; 05-22-2012, 10:10 AM.
                              CBPO:
                              GEO Pref: SWB
                              App Date: 19 MAR 2012
                              Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
                              NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
                              TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
                              E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
                              PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
                              Med:11 June 2012
                              BI: In Security Office
                              VBT/SI: Pending
                              Drug Test: Pending
                              Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
                              Call Rec: Pending
                              PFT2: Pending
                              EOD: Pending
                              FLETC: Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by irmalaso View Post
                                We have very similar dates... and I'm from Florida too where are doing your PFT at?
                                I tried sending you a private message but you dont have them enable. if you can go to you profile and to edit settings and turn on the private message and send me one.
                                CBPO:
                                GEO Pref: SWB
                                App Date: 19 MAR 2012
                                Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
                                NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
                                TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
                                E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
                                PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
                                Med:11 June 2012
                                BI: In Security Office
                                VBT/SI: Pending
                                Drug Test: Pending
                                Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
                                Call Rec: Pending
                                PFT2: Pending
                                EOD: Pending
                                FLETC: Pending

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7871 users online. 214 members and 7657 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X