Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well.... That's one way of putting it...

Comment

• I just sent in my sf86 and my fingerprints today. Luckily when i logged on to e-qip most of everything was saved since I had to send in the same sf86 to work for TSA. Can anyone tell me about the medical. Range of motion? Does the nurse make you stretch your arms out, up down? side to side? Touch your back with your hands? Bend down? I had to do something like this for TSA but I don't remember too well. Anyone who has recently taken the medical can you please help me out. I recently had shoulder surgery 11 weeks ago and now i'm trying to recover as fast as I can.

Comment

• Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
        i just got an email saying " You have been scheduled for a polygraph re-examination on Thursday, XXXX XX, 2012 at 1:00 pm, in regards to your application with CBP. "

i just did my polygraph 2 weeks ago.....

hope this is a good sign....
        That means that the results were inconclusive and they need to redo it again.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassjunkie06 View Post
          I just sent in my sf86 and my fingerprints today. Luckily when i logged on to e-qip most of everything was saved since I had to send in the same sf86 to work for TSA. Can anyone tell me about the medical. Range of motion? Does the nurse make you stretch your arms out, up down? side to side? Touch your back with your hands? Bend down? I had to do something like this for TSA but I don't remember too well. Anyone who has recently taken the medical can you please help me out. I recently had shoulder surgery 11 weeks ago and now i'm trying to recover as fast as I can.
          Usually the Medical and PFT1 are done on the same day... not really sure if it's actually being done like this these days... if it is, you'll be SOL, if you are not 100% sure you can do all the exercises you shouldn't go through with it. If you re-injure yourself and make it worse, the PFT2 and eventually FLETC will be very hard to complete.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            Usually the Medical and PFT1 are done on the same day... not really sure if it's actually being done like this these days... if it is, you'll be SOL, if you are not 100% sure you can do all the exercises you shouldn't go through with it. If you re-injure yourself and make it worse, the PFT2 and eventually FLETC will be very hard to complete.
            I did my PFT1 on one day and the medical the next week.
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• So I ran outside today for the first time in a year. I ran a total of 4 miles at 36 min, I did 2 miles in a little over 16 min. I usually run on a treadmill or on an elliptical, I knew it would be very different. Oh and it definetly was. My advice is if you only run on a machine then get out a few times a week and run on a track. It will definetly help when the pft2 comes. I feel after this run and with my regular work outs that I'm ready for the pft2. Now if only my BI would clear so I could get the call already!!! Haha
              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
              Score:9X.XX%
              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Yea, i'm going to try and put off the first physical until I at least know i can do the lousy 20 pushups. I practiced lifting up the 30lb crate and i Did that in 30 seconds. Felt a little pull on the shoulder but nothing too crazy. The step test is a joke. Hopefully they let me postpone the first physical. I should be ready in 2-3 months And btw FLETC is no joke, my friend is currently in and he told me i'll have to do some one on one combat, wouldn't want to injure the shoulder.
                Originally posted by yoda View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                  well.... That's one way of putting it...
                  Well the way I see it, no one wants to go here, so there will be plenty of overtime, and for me it will be sort of like being in Iraq (the temp and living conditions), so what better place to start.
                  Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
                  Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
                  Met BI:4/12
                  VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
                  Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
                  Qual:cleared 04/12
                  PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
                  EOD:06/18/12
                  FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

• Most people find the step test to be the hardest part of the pft1, if you find that to be really easy you shouldn't have any problems with the first pft1
                    Last edited by Locke03; 05-17-2012, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• I have one here at home. I bought it at sports authority but instead of using the blocks I put the board onto of a pair of tires which makes it 13". Most people find the step test hard because of their endurance. I have strong legs. I'm still trying to find out how far apart the side step lines are. I read a few pages back that it's 10 feet apart but IDK if this is accurate. I'm going to practice my sit-ups to see if I can reach 50 a minute like that I can do 20 or 21 pushups and use the other parts of the test to reach 80 . If I pass the first physical I know i'll be okay because the second physical won't be for at least 6 months or more. That gives me more than enough time to get my shoulder to 110%. Good luck to all, I'll keep my status updated. If it's not meant to be then I guess i'll just keep taking water bottles from passengers lol.
                      Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                      Most people find the step test to be the hardest part of the pft1, if you find that to be really easy you shouldn't have any problems with the first pft1

Comment

• The pdf on this page should list how far apart the step test is (I'm having proplems opening it slow internet).

Good luck to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark View Post
                          It was in an e-mail, let me take a look. Thanks.
                          Shark, if you wouldn't mind turning on your PMs, I'd like to correspond there.
                          Gek.

Comment

• Tuscon AZ
                            Originally posted by mm3454 View Post
                            Where did you do your poly? Your profile says jersey.... I prob did mine near you!

Comment

• Man, I live in Pittsburgh PA, and I'm from Miami, that city is too far away. Did you see a closer place? where did you get that info? and thank you.
                              Geo:SWB
                              CBPO Exam:12/10
                              TSl: 5/11
                              Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                              Met BI:1/12
                              VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                              Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                              Qual:cleared 3/12
                              Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                              PFT2:
                              EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                                Shark, if you wouldn't mind turning on your PMs, I'd like to correspond there.
                                Sorry Drifting, what is PMs?
                                Geo:SWB
                                CBPO Exam:12/10
                                TSl: 5/11
                                Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                                Met BI:1/12
                                VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                                Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                                Qual:cleared 3/12
                                Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                                PFT2:
                                EOD:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10158 users online. 375 members and 9783 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X