Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I don't think he was trying to give advice at all. I think he was more or less giving our sarcasm a reality check, which is bound to happen one way or another. I swear though some people get bent out of shape for the lousiest reasons ever.
    "Officer, you are kinda hot."

    "And you are kinda intoxicated."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
      I don't think he was trying to give advice at all. I think he was more or less giving our sarcasm a reality check, which is bound to happen one way or another. I swear though some people get bent out of shape for the lousiest reasons ever.

      Very true story. But, since that is hopefully out of our systems... back to the discussions and questions.
      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

      Its game on from here....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by sap123 View Post
        I don't think he was trying to give advice at all. I think he was more or less giving our sarcasm a reality check, which is bound to happen one way or another. I swear though some people get bent out of shape for the lousiest reasons ever.
        I actually meant it as a healthy measure of both.
        After all, good advice is very often not any more than a reality check.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
          Therefore, telling us what our priorities should be on our days OFF, should not be part of your suggestions. Thanks.
          Fly,

          You are an employee of a Miami PoE.
          Soon you'll be in travel status on TDY to FLETC/Glynco where 24/7 you'll be on the government teat for housing, boarding, and per diem...at the very least. Virtually everybody you'll meet while there will be in the same or similar status. You might want to somewhat revisit your idea of having 'days off' while there.
          Also, there's always that the two year probation thing. Probationary people pretty much can be fired at whim during it, off duty behaviors or not.

          I'm not trying to be prudish here, but with all the effort and forethought needed to successfully navigate the pre-hiring process, pre-academy, and then graduate from the academy I personally think one of the last things anyone should be concerning themselves with is planning on how to spend 'off time' 3-4 months down the road.

          Best of luck all,
          Mer.

          Comment


          • Welp, got my NOR today and passed. Hopefully this works out for me, as right now I'm at the tail end of a BPA app but I've been held up by a fairly serious injury. I might need some more time to heal up (at least my physical therapist says I do), and jumping ship to the blue team was something I've been eyeballing for awhile now. Anyone else test last week at the San Francisco GSA building and get some results?

            EDIT: Another question: Does anyone remember the geo pref areas from the last vacancy that was opened? Mine as listed as "SW Border locations" but I remember there being two; one with Calexico on it and then another one that said something else. Anyone happen to remember what they were? Just making sure I have all my ducks in a row.
            Last edited by sap123; 08-25-2008, 04:34 PM.
            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

            "And you are kinda intoxicated."

            Comment


            • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              If women are on your "to do" list before you've even left for the academy, then I'll say that you need to re-adjust your priorities.

              Sex, alcohol and plain stupidity cost people their jobs at FLETC.
              (...or at the very least, their reputations.)
              I agree Merlin!!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by robeans View Post
                Wow, you seem to really know what your talking about with all your FLECT experience. Good luck with that attitude when you actually get there.

                That is a CBPO you are running your gums at, not a pre academy wanna-be like yourself.
                I was waiting for someone to make this comment! Well done!!

                Comment


                • My class number is CBPI - 904 and I will be at FLETC from 09/08/08 to 01/29/09.

                  Comment


                  • What can you guys tell me about the G.I. Bill? I heard some people saying that you can use it while at the academy and some say that we can't. Has anybody been to the academy recently and used the G.I. Bill?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
                      My class number is CBPI - 904 and I will be at FLETC from 09/08/08 to 01/29/09.
                      Why are you at the FLETC for so long? I thought it was 3 months....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
                        My class number is CBPI - 904 and I will be at FLETC from 09/08/08 to 01/29/09.
                        Wow, that is a 22 week academy, how did you manage that?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
                          What can you guys tell me about the G.I. Bill? I heard some people saying that you can use it while at the academy and some say that we can't. Has anybody been to the academy recently and used the G.I. Bill?
                          That would be a trick. You would in essense be going to two schools full time. Are you talking about getting your monthly GI Bill pay for being at FLETC? As far as I know, unless it has changed, GI Bill bennifits only apply to attending an ACE accredited college.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by deyosurf19 View Post
                            Why are you at the FLETC for so long? I thought it was 3 months....
                            AH. Perhaps he drew a soulthern border port and has to stay for spanish.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mi562 View Post
                              I was waiting for someone to make this comment! Well done!!
                              Thats some big talk from Mr. "i'm a CBPO and youre a wannabe" Must be a no-life or a smart *** to be hanging out on forums designed for people trying to get the job. Either that or he's full of it and doesn't know s***...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Ry greve View Post
                                That would be a trick. You would in essense be going to two schools full time. Are you talking about getting your monthly GI Bill pay for being at FLETC? As far as I know, unless it has changed, GI Bill bennifits only apply to attending an ACE accredited college.
                                Actually, you can get your GI Bill while attending NYPD Academy. I don't know about FLETC, but it wouldn't be unheard of.
                                USSCP
                                Faxed App 7/28/10
                                Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
                                Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9557 users online. 344 members and 9213 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X