300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GettingFED View Post
    Hm. How likely do you think if rejecting the offer the first time around in hopes to postpone the start date till later of this year and starting on a later class date? I understand the government has invested a lot in hiring me with the entire process. I'm just looking to buy some time before starting my career with CBP.
    I'm going to tell you my colleague's experience, He charged through the hiring process a few years back and got an offer of employment. At the time our unit wanted him to deploy, so he thought no biggie I'll just turn it down for now and get back to it after the deployment. He ended up waiting almost 4 years (and 2 more runs through the hiring process) to get hired after that despite perfect qualifications, and he had a damn legitimate reason not to go. My understanding if you want to get on board take the offer otherwise... hell who knows how long it will take.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
      I took my exam in August and my BI has been "In the Security Office" since January
      wow ...thats a long time....hopefully you dont get placed in the back of the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by BPAHelibs22 View Post
        Thanks mm3454

I don't have anything to hide but reading about all the failed poly's are getting me nervous.

How long did the poly take??

it depends they had to re do parts of mine. I did about 1 hour of pre work and 6 hours on poly I was on the long side

Comment

• Originally posted by blu05r6 View Post
          I received the call the same day I cleared with no poly

Swb
          EOD. 6-18-12
          Academy 7-25-12
          See ya at FLETC

Comment

• Originally posted by nonsense View Post
            anyone with a GEO for West Coast (who hasn't changed to SWB) get a TSL?
            Nope, just waiting.

Originally posted by GettingFED View Post
            Hm. How likely do you think if rejecting the offer the first time around in hopes to postpone the start date till later of this year and starting on a later class date? I understand the government has invested a lot in hiring me with the entire process. I'm just looking to buy some time before starting my career with CBP.
            I'll take the offer for you, and you can do the wait for me

Originally posted by jcsd619 View Post
            how long does it take to get your NOR? took test on 4/24/2012 and still waiting..
            (What did the individual at the test site tell you?) Mine said 2-4 weeks but when I contacted MHC they said there was a technical error and that is should take 4-6 weeks. We have to learn patience like the rest

Originally posted by Bassjunkie06 View Post
            Does anyone know the left of the side step test? I would like to start practicing this.
            +1
            I wasn't aware of this, didn't find it in the Fitness Guide, curious to know so I can practice as well.
            Last edited by Get Some; 05-16-2012, 09:54 PM.
            MSP 1896

Comment

• Originally posted by blu05r6 View Post
              I received the call the same day I cleared with no poly

Swb
              EOD. 6-18-12
              Academy 7-25-12
              Hmmm I wonder if you will have to do the poly while you're at FLETC...
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• (What did the individual at the test site tell you?) Mine said 2-4 weeks but when I contacted MHC they said there was a technical error and that is should take 4-6 weeks. We have to learn patience like the rest

said 4-6 weeks as well

Comment

• Ok so supposedly CASS gets updated every Tuesday and Thursday right? Does it get updated randomly throughout the day or at exactly 12 midnight?
                  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                    Hmmm I wonder if you will have to do the poly while you're at FLETC...
                    He probably will not have to, the poly is not mandatory until 2013. So seems like he is free and clear. Good for you blu05r6 congrats!
                    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                    Score:9X.XX%
                    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Ok so supposedly CASS gets updated every Tuesday and Thursday right? Does it get updated randomly throughout the day or at exactly 12 midnight?
                      CASS definetly only updates every Tuesday and Thursday. I can not say for sure when though. I was wondering that myself. Maybe somebody can jump in and give an answer? I do believe that I checked one morning 6am and saw nothing new, but then checked again later that day and got a green check. I could absolutely be remembering wrong though. Haha
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                        CASS definetly only updates every Tuesday and Thursday. I can not say for sure when though. I was wondering that myself. Maybe somebody can jump in and give an answer? I do believe that I checked one morning 6am and saw nothing new, but then checked again later that day and got a green check. I could absolutely be remembering wrong though. Haha
                        >_< I wanna see if I passed my VBT... I'm wondering if I should wait the 10 min It's probably not even going to update this soon anyway but I know with some people it has been clearing only 4 days after the VBT/SI.

Comment

>_< I wanna see if I passed my VBT... I'm wondering if I should wait the 10 min It's probably not even going to update this soon anyway but I know with some people it has been clearing only 4 days after the VBT/SI.
                          I actually got the letter in the mail a day before it cleared in CASS. Ya it probably isn't, but I'm going to check as well haha. Good thing is if you check and it didn't clear you can always convince yourself that it's to early for CASS to update. Then check in the morning with new found hope haha.
                          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post

From my experience, At exactly midnight last week my pre-employment forms cleared and then later on in the day my VBT/SI cleared. So possibly they have updates in the Que from the previous days that CASS is closed that update automatically at midnight then throughout the day it is open and whatever is worked on that Tuesday or Thursday is updated automatically. Just my assumptions from my experience but im not sure exactly how it works lol

Comment

• Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
                              it depends they had to re do parts of mine. I did about 1 hour of pre work and 6 hours on poly I was on the long side
                              Where did you do your poly? Your profile says jersey.... I prob did mine near you!
                              NOR: Northeast 8/29/11
                              NOR: Changed to SWB 11/16/11
                              TO: 12/30
                              Pre-Employment Forms: Completed
                              Qualifications: Completed, GS-7
                              Medical Exam: Completed
                              BI: Submitted 2/23/12 Cleared 05/15/2012
                              Structured Interview: Completed
                              Fitness: Passed 3/05/12
                              Poly: 03/24/12
                              Drug Screening: Completed
                              EOD: July 2

Comment

• Originally posted by Iczer5 View Post
                                Did you get offered Brownsville, TX?
                                No I was just looking up possible southwest border destinations. when they call ya and give you a few choices i figured it would be better to be informed about some of them

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10858 users online. 371 members and 10487 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X