Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • In regards to pay, GS5 vs GS7, etc. ... I know there are about 10 to 12 different steps for each salary grade. Assuming you start at step 1 of whichever salary grade you qualify for, how long is it before you continue on to the next step? How long is each step? Also, if one starts as a GS5, how long before you make it to GS6, GS7, etc.?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
      You have Arizona as your Geo is that only Arizona or SWB as well? I can't believe you have been waiting since July 2011 for your background to clear!!!!! Yeah the wait sucks! It didn't bother me as much when I felt like we were all waiting but when I started seeing people with TO's after mine being called, that's when I really started to get impatient.
      Well I applied for import specialist also with CBP, I have an interview on Thur, if all goes well I think I'm jumping off the CBPO ship! lol
      Good luck!
      Ya its Arizona, I received my TO before they changed the geo's to regions. So I got to choose between certain Poe's at the SWB and the entire state of Arizona. Ya I have been waiting a long while. I've seen quite a few get hired, most now have even tested after me. The wait is frustrating but I always say if you have faith and trust it will happen then it will. Plus I'm sure it will make getting the call that much better. I can't really complain I have seen others wait even longer. Good luck on your interview hope it goes well and I hope you get whatever job you want more.
      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
      Score:9X.XX%
      List#2XX 5/2013

      NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

      PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
        In regards to pay, GS5 vs GS7, etc. ... I know there are about 10 to 12 different steps for each salary grade. Assuming you start at step 1 of whichever salary grade you qualify for, how long is it before you continue on to the next step? How long is each step? Also, if one starts as a GS5, how long before you make it to GS6, GS7, etc.?

        I am a GS-06 Military Tech for the National Guard, and my step increase came every year until step 4, then i think to step 5 was 2 years after getting step 4, but my position did not have promotion pontential and is not a LEO position.

        for CBPO if im not mistaken, if you start at GS-5 you will get GS-7 (there is no GS-6 for CBPO) a year after getting the job, so around 6 months after you finish the academy, and GS 9 a year after promoting to 7 and so on until GS-12, then GS-13 is base on merits and recommendations ect.

        as i said IF IM NOT MISTAKEN, this was the way a family member got promoted to GS-12 thru Border Patrol after leaving the academy in 2009 and he entered as a GS-7.
        CBPO:
        GEO Pref: SWB
        App Date: 19 MAR 2012
        Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
        NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
        TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
        E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
        PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
        Med:11 June 2012
        BI: In Security Office
        VBT/SI: Pending
        Drug Test: Pending
        Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
        Call Rec: Pending
        PFT2: Pending
        EOD: Pending
        FLETC: Pending

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
          it really just depends, there is no telling. It could be next week, could be next year. There are a lot of people waiting for SWB who have their BI cleared already. Depends on their needs as well (i.e. males and females)...But you will more than likely get your last few months in at your job...
          Moe, on the contrary from what I've seen their is nobody waiting for SWB with a cleared BI and all green. I could be wrong but that's what I've been seeing for quite a while now. Seems if you're SWB and everything is cleared you get the call with in a week or so.
          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
          Score:9X.XX%
          List#2XX 5/2013

          NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

          PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

          Comment


          • For the ladies still having push up trouble, I lost 6 pounds this past week and a half..that little bit of weight loss increased my count a lot!!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
              Moe, on the contrary from what I've seen their is nobody waiting for SWB with a cleared BI and all green. I could be wrong but that's what I've been seeing for quite a while now. Seems if you're SWB and everything is cleared you get the call with in a week or so.
              ohh I thought there was a couple of people on here...maybe it was southeast?...hmm that sucks :/

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                In regards to pay, GS5 vs GS7, etc. ... I know there are about 10 to 12 different steps for each salary grade. Assuming you start at step 1 of whichever salary grade you qualify for, how long is it before you continue on to the next step? How long is each step? Also, if one starts as a GS5, how long before you make it to GS6, GS7, etc.?
                Assuming nothing changes in the meantime, the normal progression each year would be...

                05/01
                07/01
                09/01
                11/01
                12/01
                12/02
                12/03
                12/04
                12/04
                12/05
                12/05
                12/06
                12/06
                12/07
                12/07
                12/07
                12/08
                12/08
                12/08
                12/09
                12/09
                12/09
                12/10

                With 12/10 being the salary for each year onward.

                Comment


                • Do you guys know if CBP i going to hire before next fiscal year (October)? I figured they spent all their hiring money for this FY. I just knocked out my VBT and Interview, my PFT-1, and my BI is in the Case Office which I guess means it's being reviewed(anyone know what that means for sure?), I have my medical exam tomorrow. I had to put my hiring process on hold for a couple of months because I was deployed but it seems like they got it all up and running again, I think after this med exam all I have is the PFT-2 so I'm just curious what my chances of getting picked up in the near future are...

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by weekend_warrior View Post
                    Do you guys know if CBP i going to hire before next fiscal year (October)? I figured they spent all their hiring money for this FY. I just knocked out my VBT and Interview, my PFT-1, and my BI is in the Case Office which I guess means it's being reviewed(anyone know what that means for sure?), I have my medical exam tomorrow. I had to put my hiring process on hold for a couple of months because I was deployed but it seems like they got it all up and running again, I think after this med exam all I have is the PFT-2 so I'm just curious what my chances of getting picked up in the near future are...
                    They have classes scheduled pretty much every two weeks or so until the end of Sept.
                    Knowing that, I'm guessing they'll be FY12 hiring up through August...maybe early Sept.

                    Comment


                    • This is awesome news, If everything clears(crossing fingers).

                      Comment


                      • Yea. I already filled out an sf86 for TSA do I know what to expect. It's the same thing. I have a question and honestly I've searche back about 50 pages and haven't found the answer. I sent in my documents and on the usatestmanager site it says processed. 2 days ago I received cards to send in my finger prints. Was I supposed To get something else? Or will I get my TSl after I send in my prints?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TP3 View Post
                          which location did you choose. I applied to that recent annoucement choosing atlanta and never heard anything back from them
                          I applied to the recent announcement from March. I applied for Long Beach, CA. I got an email with a rating score about a month after, then 2 weeks after that an email saying I was being referred. Maybe you should contact them. They should have at least given you your score.
                          Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                          Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                          TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                          PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                          Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                          VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                          B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                          Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                          Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                          PFT2: ?

                          Comment


                          • I guess they didn't forget about me!
                            I just got called for my drug test! Once that clears, I'll be one step closer! woohoo!
                            Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                            Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                            TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                            PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                            Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                            VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                            B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                            Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                            Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                            PFT2: ?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
                              I guess they didn't forget about me!
                              I just got called for my drug test! Once that clears, I'll be one step closer! woohoo!
                              Good for you! Almost there!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
                                I applied to the recent announcement from March. I applied for Long Beach, CA. I got an email with a rating score about a month after, then 2 weeks after that an email saying I was being referred. Maybe you should contact them. They should have at least given you your score.
                                That's where I was hoping to end up, but with this new South West deal...

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12922 users online. 485 members and 12437 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X