Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oneshot777 View Post
    Yes it is two to a room now.

Great (sarcasm). Is this just in the Taj or crackhouses getting the "upgrade" as well. Cause i was told the rooms are not made for 2 people in either building.
    Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
    Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
      Great (sarcasm). Is this just in the Taj or crackhouses getting the "upgrade" as well. Cause i was told the rooms are not made for 2 people in either building.
      What I heard was only on the first floor of 185/186 and plans to convert all of 187. No bunkbeds...2 standard beds.

Comment

No the crackhouses are not designed for 2. Think of a dorm room in a college.
        You haver room for 1 bed, a desk and you can fit a mini fridge between the desk and the closet.
        Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

Chances are you will have a monday as your travel day, and tuesday will be your report day. So the weekend will be yours to take your time to get there, but at $.58 1/2 a mile you can afford to take your time. Enjoy the extra paycheck.
          My report day is a Thursday so there won't be any weekends in conjunction with my traveling.

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
            My report day is a Thursday so there won't be any weekends in conjunction with my traveling.
            They have you reporting on a thursday? I am thinking that they are putting people in every little bit of room they have in FLETC. Thats just odd that they start at the end of the week. Oh well. Good luck with getting the travel arrangements you want.
            Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by kiddie789
              Everybody i have spoken to that has gone to fletc has told me a car is a must. on every piece of info from dhs/cbp the urge students not to bring cars. Can anybody shed some light on this. Also I was told to leave the women down there alone they are all "dirty" not the good dirtywe like to think.
              hahaha, I know if/when I go to the academy I'm going to try to pick up girls and take them back to FLETC grounds with me.

I can see it now.

"How do you like my dorm? That's right, the best two person adult housing that the government has to offer... Oh don't mind that guy on the other bed he's just brushing up on his immigration law"
              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Me and a guy I started with at my port had class dates one after the other. He reported Tuesday and started Wednesday and I reported Wednesday and started Thursday.

As far as the women it all depends on where you go. Brunswick is rather poor. St. Simon's Island is rather wealthy. People talk about the area like it is a foreign country. It is part of the US and the people are like anyplace else in the southeast US, excluding Florida (which is actually the southern region of NYC). Use due caution and you'll be fine.

As far as taking cars to FLETC. The official publications discourage taking your vehicle, because parking can be tight and many people get into trouble because of their cars (DUI's, driving during class time, parking in unauthorized areas, etc.) By discouraging students form bringing their vehicles the center hopes to lessen to opportunity for students to get into trouble. The center also has a tendency to overstate things. Which is why most of the people encourage you to take your cars to training.
                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Speaking of St. Simons Island, I was told Ive got to try the charter fishing when I visit there, So if its as good as one of the CBPOs was talking about, then I am passing it on to everyone else.

And you mean theres no "Georgia Peaches" in brunswick? Thats it, I changed my mind, Im not going. (Maybe theres more luck in Savannah).

On a serious note, when they say take three pairs of shoes (running, black business casual, and gym shoes) by gym shoes they mainly mean no cross trainers, but more of a basketball shoe that wont scuff the floor correct?
                  Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                    Did you receive a TO for Border Patrol or Customs and Border Protection?
                    ??????border patrol agent -- Swanton Sector so Border Patrol? everything says cbp though???
                    Tested--07/12/2008-passed
                    pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
                    oral board--08/29/2008--passed
                    medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
                    drug test--09/03/2008--passed
                    background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
                    qualifications--completed
                    referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
                    EOD 10/20--

Comment

Speaking of St. Simons Island, I was told Ive got to try the charter fishing when I visit there, So if its as good as one of the CBPOs was talking about, then I am passing it on to everyone else.

And you mean theres no "Georgia Peaches" in brunswick? Thats it, I changed my mind, Im not going. (Maybe theres more luck in Savannah).

On a serious note, when they say take three pairs of shoes (running, black business casual, and gym shoes) by gym shoes they mainly mean no cross trainers, but more of a basketball shoe that wont scuff the floor correct?
                      As far a PC gear, I took a pair of cross trainers and two pairs of running shoes. I used the cross trainers for the initial PEB, then never used them again. I have serious problems with running and my feet/legs. I was unable to get a schedule of what we were doing each day for PC so by default I wore the running shoes every session, including in the gym.

There's a few cuties in Brunswick and they get cuter the longer you're there. Unfortunately most aren't very intelligent so having a conversation with them was very irritating and normally ended in frustration.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
                        As far a PC gear, I took a pair of cross trainers and two pairs of running shoes. I used the cross trainers for the initial PEB, then never used them again. I have serious problems with running and my feet/legs. I was unable to get a schedule of what we were doing each day for PC so by default I wore the running shoes every session, including in the gym.

There's a few cuties in Brunswick and they get cuter the longer you're there. Unfortunately most aren't very intelligent so having a conversation with them was very irritating and normally ended in frustration.

Looks like from day 1 some of us will have to keep our beer goggles on, and for all of us from day 1, we will have to keep our beer "ears" on then maybe they will seem interesting. ha ha.

Thanks for the advice on shoes.
                        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• If women are on your "to do" list before you've even left for the academy, then I'll say that you need to re-adjust your priorities.

Sex, alcohol and plain stupidity cost people their jobs at FLETC.
                          (...or at the very least, their reputations.)
                          Last edited by merlin436; 08-24-2008, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            If women are on your "to do" list before you've even left for the academy, then I'll say that you need to re-adjust your priorities.

Sex, alcohol and plain stupidity cost people their jobs at FLETC.
                            (...or at the very least, their reputations.)
                            Sex, alcohol and plain stupidity cost people their jobs at FLETC and everywhere else in the world. No one is saying everyone is going to go out, get crazy, drive intoxicated, throw school desks from the top of a building and act like a fool. If your dumb enough to do something stupid then your loss, but some of us would like to get away from the pressure of classes, studying, training etc. Im sure most of us will take this job very serious monday through friday and probably study hard on some weekends, but everyone needs some down time and thats what we are talking about, not a daily basis of partying like in college.

Therefore, telling us what our priorities should be on our days OFF, should not be part of your suggestions. Thanks.
                            Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

Sex, alcohol and plain stupidity cost people their jobs at FLETC and everywhere else in the world. No one is saying everyone is going to go out, get crazy, drive intoxicated, throw school desks from the top of a building and act like a fool. If your dumb enough to do something stupid then your loss, but some of us would like to get away from the pressure of classes, studying, training etc. Im sure most of us will take this job very serious monday through friday and probably study hard on some weekends, but everyone needs some down time and thats what we are talking about, not a daily basis of partying like in college.

Therefore, telling us what our priorities should be on our days OFF, should not be part of your suggestions. Thanks.
                              Wow, you seem to really know what your talking about with all your FLECT experience. Good luck with that attitude when you actually get there.

That is a CBPO you are running your gums at, not a pre academy wanna-be like yourself.
                              Last edited by robeans; 08-24-2008, 02:48 PM.

Comment

I really don't think that it is bad advice. There are many knuckleheads in the world who really might need such advice, even if you don't.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10183 users online. 340 members and 9843 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X