Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you who took your PFT 2 in Tuscon how was it I have it coming up. Am I expected to run in 105 temps ? Also any one else eod when I do in Nogalas or will be in my academy class ?

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
      I don't understand why so many people take things personally on this forum.

It shows a certain amount of maturity to take something for what it's worth and learn from it.

If someone says you should learn to write more properly then you probably should. It would probably benefit you in the long run. It's not like they're being racist or something. Writing takes practice just like everything else and if you practice it the wrong way then you are only hindering your own potential in life. After all, shouldn't we strive to be the best at what we do?

Then again, other people should learn to be more polite. :/
      Very very well said.

Btw, congrats on passing the VBT! Hopefully us March applicants will start hearing back soon regarding scheduling the next few steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
        Not a current employee, but I had to write a NoPA because of an inconsistency and at least in my case, the result was positive, they did not withdraw the offer. Just make sure that you make your point across that you're sorry for whatever you did and how you have matures since then (what positive things you've done since then) and take the blame like a man.
        Yea absolutely poitning out and correcting the inconsistency, and def. expressigng remorse and how i've matured since then. It is all the truth, so we shall see. I hope the people reviewing the NOPA have common sense and somewhat of a grasp that people do mature from high school, and understand some situations. Basically it'll help to hear some more successful NOPA stories that others that went through with it, feel free for anyone to respond! thanks

Comment

The excellent plan worked!! Except it worked to get me to pass the VBT!!! I still don't have the results for the SI though. They said I'd have to wait 4 - 6 weeks. >_< This waiting is eating at me.
          Me too Wolf. I took my VBT last Wednesday and after hearing a couple of people failing I don't know what to expect. Of course I wasn't there while they were taking it but it's just that case of the unknown.
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
          TSU: 3/28/13
          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
          FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

The excellent plan worked!! Except it worked to get me to pass the VBT!!! I still don't have the results for the SI though. They said I'd have to wait 4 - 6 weeks. >_< This waiting is eating at me.
            Good for you. Seriously.

Having said that...even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut. It hardly makes for a sound overall strategy simply because you were able to pass the VBT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midwest24 View Post
              What are the chances of being hired after writing a letter to a NOPA for a few descripancies of petty minute actions that just needed a brief clarification and explainantion to understand (rather than "yes/no" on paper, which makes it look 'bad')... just trying to get a feel for it! I understand why a NOPA is needed and i understand everyone's situation is different, but what is your input? (directed towards current employees)
              It depends.

As a whole, I'll take a guess and say that most NOPAs can be beaten. Out of that subset, I'll say that most of those can be beaten fairly easily, given enough distance, correction and the passage of time.

Of course, your views on what is 'petty' and 'minute' may not match those of the people reviewing your file.

Comment

• Anybody take their VBT at Phildelphia airport?
                Geo:SWB
                CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                TSU: 3/28/13
                EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by irmalaso View Post
                  Do you think if I pass everything but the push ups part I will fail the fitness??? I'm scared....
                  Honestly, if this is only for you pft1, just do the minimum which is 11. And work your butt off on the other parts to get a near perfect score.

And a month is definitely enough if you are practicing this everyday, I'm talking eat, live, breathe it.

And if you so happen to pass, pick up your training big time, or this whole process will just be one big disappointment for you...Like I said, this process is harder for females, but you are stepping in a male dominant field, they will not go easy on you.

Like I am at a comfortable 18 push ups right now, the beginning of this month, i was at 10. so that should tell you a lot right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by juniorspades View Post
                    I've been "lurking" this thread for a while...just wanted to share my timeline and hopefully help out where I can.

Test - 1/2011
                    NOR - 1/2011 - 99 No Vet. Pref.
                    TSL - 1/2012 - JFK
                    PFT1/Med - 2/2012
                    VBT/SI - 3/2012
                    BI - In Security Office

I passed the PFT1 however my medical stated that my uncorrected vision wasn't good enough. I'm getting LASIK done this month or early next month to stay in the running...

Green Check for Pre Employment Forms
                    Green Check for Qualifications (GS5 )
                    Green Check for Structured Interview
                    Green Check for Fitness Test

I've been working out and running to get my endurance up and my weight down.

Just as an FYI, after my VBT/SI, the officer told me that the Polygraph will be random until FY13. She said that JFK is severely understaffed due to everyone going to SWB.
                    wow, i know i only got an 85 on the test but now you have me thinking I should have stayed in that GEO..... oh well
                    CBPO
                    App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                    Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                    ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                    APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                    PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                    Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                    Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• One of the issues with writing acceptably is that it's a perishable skill. Don't practice it and you'll lose it.

Another issue with writing is one's 'comfort zone'. You can write as well as you want, when you want...but if writing well isn't in your 'comfort zone' then when it comes to less optimal situations, like stress or tiredness, you'll more than likely fall back into where you're most comfortable...which is sloppy writing.

Comment

• I have been lurking on this site for awhile, and have a few questions:

1. How much will be taken out of our check for the benifits?
                        2. Is it true that now it is 20 years to retire?
                        3. What is the hardest obstacle at FLECT?
                        4. What is an average day like at your P.O.E? What will a GS-7 be doing?
                        5. How easy is it to trasfer and move around after two years?
                        6. What is an average PT session at FLECT like?
                        7. Is PFT2 done individually or as a group?
                        8. How long do I have between when i get the call to when i have to accept the offer? What do they say when they call you with the offer?
                        9. When will I find out what I will be doing at the Port Of Entry I am assigned to?
                        10. How easy is it to advance, i know that you move up every year, but what about moving up to surpervisor, or the other jobs that are there besides working on the line?
                        11. The CBP officers who work on the SWB do theyever get harrased by cartels? there are alot of crazy things going on in mexico, Do they ever get followed how or have to watch there backs constently. Anyone who is going to the SWB please look at the website Borderland Beat some of it looks pretty crazy with everything going on in mexico.
                        12. does my work experience and education play a part on which job i am selected for?
                        13. If i don't wnat to be assigned to the line is ther eanything i can do to change positions?

thanks

Comment

• couple questions

I have been lurking on this site for awhile, and have a few questions:

1. How much will be taken out of our check for the benifits?
                          2. Is it true that now it is 20 years to retire?
                          3. What is the hardest obstacle at FLECT?
                          4. What is an average day like at your P.O.E? What will a GS-7 be doing?
                          5. How easy is it to trasfer and move around after two years?
                          6. What is an average PT session at FLECT like?
                          7. Is PFT2 done individually or as a group?
                          8. How long do I have between when i get the call to when i have to accept the offer? What do they say when they call you with the offer?
                          9. When will I find out what I will be doing at the Port Of Entry I am assigned to?
                          10. How easy is it to advance, i know that you move up every year, but what about moving up to surpervisor, or the other jobs that are there besides working on the line?
                          11. The CBP officers who work on the SWB do theyever get harrased by cartels? there are alot of crazy things going on in mexico, Do they ever get followed how or have to watch there backs constently. Anyone who is going to the SWB please look at the website Borderland Beat some of it looks pretty crazy with everything going on in mexico.
                          12. does my work experience and education play a part on which job i am selected for?
                          13. If i don't wnat to be assigned to the line is ther eanything i can do to change positions?

thanks

umm.. oops, i think i might have been posted this multiple times due to my slow computer. sorry

Comment

Hey rambo, the CBPO informed me that I passed the VBT. However he said to wait 4 - 6 weeks for the SI results. Do you know if you passed the SI too? It's a bit confusing because on my letter it says "the VBT is considered the SI" or something along those lines.
                            My letter said the same exact thing and gave me a date and time with the location. I got my results 4 days later via mail and it stated I passed the SI , then it cleared on CASS the same day. As long as you passed the VBT and got a shot at having the SI and did well on it you should be fine.

Comment

• i took the Polygraph Exam on May 7 at JFK..

tested back in 2008 for All other NY.....

BI is still pending on CASS

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                                Do you have a TO for JFK as well?

no TO for all other NY

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5026 users online. 321 members and 4705 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X