300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wickedrr View Post
    So I've gotten all my information in by the deadline, but am still worried about having enough work experience. I've been a carpenter for 11 years leading a crew, big machinery etc. and I have many trap shooting awards and a ccw. What do you think?? Any other non-degree applicants?
    W, your shooting awards/CCW are meaningless to the process.

As far as work experience goes, you've more than got it covered for a GS-05 qual.

Just write up your quals with a heavy emphasis on your supervisory/machinery/following the various local/state/federal building codes/rules/regulations/laws and such that related to construction and your work experiences.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
      Did you take the test and receive a TO?
      yes and I just received an invite for an oral interview and I just mailed my pre employment pack yesterday
      Tested--07/12/2008-passed
      pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
      oral board--08/29/2008--passed
      medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
      drug test--09/03/2008--passed
      background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
      qualifications--completed
      referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
      EOD 10/20--

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        W, your shooting awards/CCW are meaningless to the process.

As far as work experience goes, you've more than got it covered for a GS-05 qual.

Just write up your quals with a heavy emphasis on your supervisory/machinery/following the various local/state/federal building codes/rules/regulations/laws and such that related to construction and your work experiences.
        I didn't even think about the codes etc. I'm sure they know that stuff though. I'm crossing my fingers. Id hate to drive all the way to ny for the o. interview if I wasn't qualified.
        Tested--07/12/2008-passed
        pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
        oral board--08/29/2008--passed
        medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
        drug test--09/03/2008--passed
        background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
        qualifications--completed
        referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
        EOD 10/20--

Comment

• Originally posted by wickedrr View Post
          I didn't even think about the codes etc. I'm sure they know that stuff though. I'm crossing my fingers. Id hate to drive all the way to ny for the o. interview if I wasn't qualified.
          Did you receive a TO for Border Patrol or Customs and Border Protection?

Comment

• Originally posted by ynagics View Post
            Wow, would CBP start 2 classes only 6 days apart?? I start on the 2nd and you start on the 8th...interesting
            I know that my class starts September 18th and another guy at my location starts September 23rd. What I think is weird is that my report day is a thursday so that means that class starts on a friday.
            Last edited by ammo19; 08-22-2008, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• oops, please don't yell at me for not capitalizing the t or the f in my last post.

Comment

• Originally posted by cargo82 View Post
                Good to hear. I applied back in march everything is complete including my background, they are only waiting for a letter from my orthorpedic doctor that clears up a minor knee injury. Also, do you know if the people selected for the airport and seaport do the pre academy training in the same place?
                Pre-Acad is at the port you will be working in Miami. Airport pre acad, is at airport... seaport is at seaport. If you have a choice that is.
                Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by ammo19 View Post
                  I know that my class starts September 18th and another guy at my location starts September 23rd. What I think is weird is that my report day is a thursday so that means that class starts on a friday.
                  How much travel time did you receive? One day?

Comment

CBP has started 2 classes on the same day...many times. They've also combined what would roughly be 2 classes of trainees into one 'mega class' at least once.

It all depends on the needs of the service. Two classes a week was roughly the norm in late 03-04.

Starting 6 days apart does seem odd though. Maybe one of you is including a travel day as academy time while the other is not?
                    I have seen them start a class on a Friday(I think it was CBPI-615), and start the next one on Monday (CBPI-616).
                    Honor to the End

Comment

• Originally posted by ynagics View Post
                      How much travel time did you receive? One day?
                      I haven't received my orders yet so I know know. I am driving and it is a 13 hour drive so I hope they give me at least one day plus the day I have to report to get there.

Comment

CBP has started 2 classes on the same day...many times. They've also combined what would roughly be 2 classes of trainees into one 'mega class' at least once.

It all depends on the needs of the service. Two classes a week was roughly the norm in late 03-04.

Starting 6 days apart does seem odd though. Maybe one of you is including a travel day as academy time while the other is not?
                        Sounds like FY09 will have 2 classes a week, every other week for the whole year. Good news for the FNG's, cause you won't be the FNG for long.

Comment

I haven't received my orders yet so I know know. I am driving and it is a 13 hour drive so I hope they give me at least one day plus the day I have to report to get there.
                          you get one paid travel day, but you can take an annual leave day in conjunction so that'll give you 2 days to get squared awa and hit the road

Comment

Chances are you will have a monday as your travel day, and tuesday will be your report day. So the weekend will be yours to take your time to get there, but at $.58 1/2 a mile you can afford to take your time. Enjoy the extra paycheck.
                            Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                            Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                            Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Got a letter today stating that I have succesfully passed the VBT I took 7/1/08! yea! hopefully the Drug Test Clears out quickly. Sorry just received the news decided to share =)

-Nemo
                              Geo Pref: Miami
                              Score: 92
                              Grade Level: 5
                              EOD: 11/10/2008
                              Fletc: 12/02/2008 - 03-20-2008

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                                So while at pre-academy Ive heard a rumor about how they may have put bunk beds in the Taj at FLETC... can anyone confirm this or hopefully its just some BS the people at Miami are giving us, the rookies.

Thanks.
                                Yes it is two to a room now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10682 users online. 399 members and 10283 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X