300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
    Maybe it just wasn't meant to be this time. Well, you have a lifetime to try again. Some people spend 5+ years trying to become a CBPO. So feel better WP! At least you don't currently have a dead end job like me getting paid close to minimum wage.
    who said I didn't? haha I don't mean to scare anyone on this board. I was simply reporting back what happened to me. Take it for what it's worth, give it your all.

I am discouraged but I am not giving up, I will be back.

Comment

• I just had one of the biggest scares of the whole process.

I went to CASS on my phone and I copied the App Id off of my CBPO TSL E-mail and it came up empty. My heart dropped. I went back to the e-mail and remembered that after the 1st e-mail, MHC e-mailed me again because the App ID was incorrect and they sent me a Print Screen of where I could find the correct App ID, but it was only an example and I thought it was the right number so I copied that and again came up empty.

Worst part? I have the correct APP ID on my computer, but I was at the dentist office waiting to have my, wait for it, wisdom tooth removed. So can you imagine?

It wasn't until now that I got home and finally got the correct app ID. Cass is still up for me and now I am chewing on gauze waiting for the anesthesia to leave and the pain to begin.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me what the average wait time is from when you turn in your paper work to when the background investigator calls you for an interview? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by HopefulBP View Post
          Can anyone tell me what the average wait time is from when you turn in your paper work to when the background investigator calls you for an interview? Thank you.
          I am no expert, just another applicant and the time varies. The best estimate I can give you is

Between 1 day and 5 years

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
            who said I didn't? haha I don't mean to scare anyone on this board. I was simply reporting back what happened to me. Take it for what it's worth, give it your all.

I am discouraged but I am not giving up, I will be back.
            Good luck.

I know you asked earlier about preparing ahead for the VBT/SI. How much 'studying' did you do for it?

I ask because most 'normal' people I seen that fail do so because they follow bad advice from here/the internet/elsewhere or they go way overboard preparing and strategizing.

Comment

• I have to admit the wait is killing me. It's been 7 months since I got my TO. Not to mention the year that I waited for a TO. I know people have waited and are still waiting for much longer than me but at least they are waiting on a location they really want. I'm waiting for SWB just like everyone else... It sucks to see people come and go from the forum and some of us are still waiting..I'm a federal employee, I have a top secret clearance…. ahhh I just wish the process was a little different. Just had to vent.
              Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
              Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
              TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
              PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
              Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
              VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
              B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
              Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
              Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
              PFT2: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                Good luck.

I know you asked earlier about preparing ahead for the VBT/SI. How much 'studying' did you do for it?

I ask because most 'normal' people I seen that fail do so because they follow bad advice from here/the internet/elsewhere or they go way overboard preparing and strategizing.
                You don't have to prepare for it, it's all common sense. Where are you testing?

Comment

• DSgirlCA
                  im in the same boat you are. tested 12/10, switched to SWB 01/12, current fed employee. only thing missing is the "top" in my secret clearance lol.

Comment

Really? Merlin's been a CBPO for years. He's not testing anywhere.
                    Written Test: 3/08
                    NOR: 4/08
                    TO: 4/08
                    Medical: 4/08
                    Fitness: 6/08
                    VBT: 6/08
                    Met with investigator: 10/08
                    Received NOPA: 11/08
                    Won appeal: 3/09
                    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                    New fitness: 7/28/09
                    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

Hopefulbp, Merlin isn't testing for the VBT/SI he got into CBP probably almost a year ago right Merlin? He is one of the few cbpo's here giving what info they have out. To try answer your question about when you will meet your investigator what Javier said is right its very unpredictable I've seen ppl have the investigator call them the following week and others wait months. I handed all my paper work in around the end of June and got contacted by one of my four investigators two or three weeks later. Finally had the interview with one towards the end of July. The reason had four was bc they needed to go to PA, Yonkers, Upstate NY and LI. That doesn't happen to everybody.
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Waiting still myself since 12/10.,, finally my pre-employment forms are checked off, BI still pending.

Comment

• Hi folks, finally I am in the forum, I am feel like I received a CBP call. This is great place for everybody who is applying for CBPO.
                          Geo:SWB
                          CBPO Exam:12/10
                          TSl: 5/11
                          Medical & Pft1:9/11 Passed
                          Met BI:1/12
                          VBT/SI:10/11 Passed
                          Drug Test:04/12 Passed
                          Qual:cleared 3/12
                          Polygraph: Scheduled 11/23/12
                          PFT2:
                          EOD:

Comment

• Sorry forgot to send my status.

TSl: 6/11
                            Met BI:7/11
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:
                            PFT2:
                            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by MPK9 View Post
                              Waiting still myself since 12/10.,, finally my pre-employment forms are checked off, BI still pending.
                              Mpk9, what's your geo and timeline? If you dont mind me asking? Ya we still have a few 2010 testers on here. I feel like we are a dying breed though haha.
                              NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                              Score:9X.XX%
                              List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Rms16, CBP application is a mystery. If you check the dates, you will noticed that we received different dates for different test. I just took my drug test 3 weeks ago and look like we took the written exam the same date. So I think that nobody could say anything about dates.
                                PFT2:
                                EOD:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11935 users online. 450 members and 11485 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X