300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
    For school or for CBPO training? For school (college) I am not sure. For CBPO training it was 3 pages of paperwork I had to fill out. The Chief of the FTO program got me the forms and walked me through them. Then I faxed them to my local VA office.
    Thanks man!
    yep I did mean for CPBO
    I dont have to worry about this then if is done before training

Comment

• hey Waterpistola that bad news I will report back about my case since I only did the Video and not the Interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
        Awesome. I have the VBT at 7 30am. I have work at 2 00pm. Think I'll make it? If anything I can call in and say I'm coming in an hour or so late, they don't mind. I just want to know.
        How do you think you did on your VBT/SI? After Waterpistola failed I'm nervous now too
        Geo:SWB
        CBPO Exam:08/2/11
        TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
        Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
        VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
        Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
        Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
        Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
        BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
        TSU: 3/28/13
        EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
        FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
          If you fail the VBT or the SI, you may not reapply for this position for one (1) year from the date of the VBT/SI.

I must say I am pretty confused to say the least. I thought I performed well. I guess it's not a complete end of the road. Another 12 months of waiting only to start the process all over again doesn't make me feel any better though.
          I really feel bad for you. I'm hoping everything works out for the best. Who knows, this might be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
            Have you submitted the ton of paper work already? E-Qip's etc...?
            Yeah I submitted it all a few days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by afftont View Post
              Nice, our timelines are almost identical. Did you test in San Diego?
              Sweet! And nope, Orlando here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                Can anyone tell me if all or some POE's have some kind of tactical unit? Im thinking something like Bortec(BP)? Im use to living on the edge and I figure if POE's have something like that it would be great for me. If they do have them can anyone tell me about the Requirements?
                Some Field Offices have a Special Response Team.

Comment

• Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post
                  Hello all. I have researched this and have not found a concrete answer. Percentage wise (or actual numbers if someone has them), how many CBP officers of the total CBP cadre are stationed in the SW Border region compared to all others? Is it like 60%, 75% or higher? Also, does anyone know what the most sparsely staffed region is? Just curious as to if I should switch geos or not... Thanks in advance.
                  Anyhow...

Anybody involved with CBP and paying attention would answer your question at roughly 1/3 of CBPOs are on the SB...depending on how one defines southern border.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                    How do you think you did on your VBT/SI? After Waterpistola failed I'm nervous now too
                    I was telling WaterPistola over PMs that I am really nervous now too. I took mine only last Friday. Good news is my CASS is still working...

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                      BORTAC is a national team. If I recall correctly, any non-probationary gun-carrier in CBP can be on it; but I might be wrong on that. I think you have to be in OBP to be competitive.
                      Based on my recent reading, I was partially right. One would have to be a PA to be competitive as all of BORTAC is selected from OBP.
                      Gek.

Comment

• Thank you all for the responses. I think my score is high enough that I will sit tight in my current geo. Best of luck to everyone and thanks again.
                        Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
                          I have mine on Monday. I'll let everyone know how I think I did.
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                            I was telling WaterPistola over PMs that I am really nervous now too. I took mine only last Friday. Good news is my CASS is still working...
                            So more than likely you passed.
                            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                              Yeah, mine too. Now I'm just checking CASS to see if it still works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                                If you fail the VBT or the SI, you may not reapply for this position for one (1) year from the date of the VBT/SI.

I must say I am pretty confused to say the least. I thought I performed well. I guess it's not a complete end of the road. Another 12 months of waiting only to start the process all over again doesn't make me feel any better though.
                                Maybe it just wasn't meant to be this time. Well, you have a lifetime to try again. Some people spend 5+ years trying to become a CBPO. So feel better WP! At least you don't currently have a dead end job like me getting paid close to minimum wage.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6162 users online. 341 members and 5821 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X