300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello,

I originally applied and took the test in 12/10 (90 no vet points) and chose Michigan for my desired location. I never received a TSL, but received several e-mails during the year advising that the hiring was in the SW region (obviously). I recently re-applied for the SE region. My question is, is my position the same as I was after I got my NOR previously? Specifically, will I now start over waiting for a TSL for the SE region? Thanks for your help and good luck to those of you in the process.
    Serving since 2013

Comment

• just did the polygraph on Monday at JFK....
      tested back in Aug 08... this is the sec time i did the backgound for the CBPO...
      everything is Green now but background is still pending....

Comment

• Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
        just did the polygraph on Monday at JFK....
        tested back in Aug 08... this is the sec time i did the backgound for the CBPO...
        everything is Green now but background is still pending....
        Do you have a TO for JFK as well?
        CBPO
        TO - 05/08 JFK
        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Did anyone on here apply for the Pacific Region-Guam/Northern Mariana Islands?

Does anyone know if I will ever receive a TO for that location or if I should just apply to another region?

I would really like to be assigned to that region but I don't want to wait and hope for something that may never happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
            Nope, emailed MHC. I'm done.
            That's tough. I wonder how long you have to wait in order to retest...
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by LEOhopeful81 View Post
              Hello,

I originally applied and took the test in 12/10 (90 no vet points) and chose Michigan for my desired location. I never received a TSL, but received several e-mails during the year advising that the hiring was in the SW region (obviously). I recently re-applied for the SE region. My question is, is my position the same as I was after I got my NOR previously? Specifically, will I now start over waiting for a TSL for the SE region? Thanks for your help and good luck to those of you in the process.

Im know expert, but I did the same thing. I switched from East Texas to the SWB and I got my TSL maybe 2 weeks later. From what they told me when I emailed them and asked the same question is that once they email you, your new NOR that states SWB, you will fall in with the rest of the people who got a 90. If they are already passed your score you will get one before someone with a lower score. I scored a 91 and I got mines a few weeks ago. Saying that to say, once you get your new NOR, you should be recieving your TSL fairly soon.
              Test -02 April 2012
              NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
              TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
              Qualifications - (Pending)
              PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
              VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
              Drug Test - (pending)
              Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
              B.I. - In security office
              Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
              PFT2 -
              EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                That's tough. I wonder how long you have to wait in order to retest...
                If you fail the VBT or the SI, you may not reapply for this position for one (1) year from the date of the VBT/SI.

I must say I am pretty confused to say the least. I thought I performed well. I guess it's not a complete end of the road. Another 12 months of waiting only to start the process all over again doesn't make me feel any better though.

Comment

• Can anyone tell me if all or some POE's have some kind of tactical unit? Im thinking something like Bortec(BP)? Im use to living on the edge and I figure if POE's have something like that it would be great for me. If they do have them can anyone tell me about the Requirements?
                  Test -02 April 2012
                  TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                  Drug Test - (pending)
                  PFT2 -
                  EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                    Can anyone tell me if all or some POE's have some kind of tactical unit? Im thinking something like Bortec(BP)? Im use to living on the edge and I figure if POE's have something like that it would be great for me. If they do have them can anyone tell me about the Requirements?
                    BORTAC is a national team. If I recall correctly, any non-probationary gun-carrier in CBP can be on it; but I might be wrong on that. I think you have to be in OBP to be competitive.
                    Gek.

Comment

• got my tsl this morning, after the lady told me it would be a couple of weeks

Comment

• To keep everyone updated with my status, I received an email today from MHC asking me to call them and give them a current phone number for myself in order for them to contact me "to schedule various appointments." I'm not sure if this means they are going to do so soon, so take it for what it's worth, but it could be a sign that they are looking at scheduling recent applicants for the next steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                          To keep everyone updated with my status, I received an email today from MHC asking me to call them and give them a current phone number for myself in order for them to contact me "to schedule various appointments." I'm not sure if this means they are going to do so soon, so take it for what it's worth, but it could be a sign that they are looking at scheduling recent applicants for the next steps.
                          Have you submitted the ton of paper work already? E-Qip's etc...?
                          Test -02 April 2012
                          TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                          Drug Test - (pending)
                          PFT2 -
                          EOD -

Comment

• Originally posted by drifting View Post
                            bortac is a national team. If i recall correctly, any non-probationary gun-carrier in cbp can be on it; but i might be wrong on that. I think you have to be in obp to be competitive.
                            obp??
                            Test -02 April 2012
                            TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                            Drug Test - (pending)
                            PFT2 -
                            EOD -

Comment

• obp - office of border patrol
                              ofo - office of field operations (cbpo)
                              oam- air/marine

all 3 fall under cbp.

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                                To keep everyone updated with my status, I received an email today from MHC asking me to call them and give them a current phone number for myself in order for them to contact me "to schedule various appointments." I'm not sure if this means they are going to do so soon, so take it for what it's worth, but it could be a sign that they are looking at scheduling recent applicants for the next steps.
                                Nice, our timelines are almost identical. Did you test in San Diego?
                                CBPO:
                                Test Date: 3/26/2012
                                NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                                NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                                TSL: 4/27/2012
                                PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                                Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                                VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                                Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                                Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7463 users online. 374 members and 7089 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X