300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
    with so much testing, i'm not sure how'd they rank things... ranking by test score.

ranking by test score taken that day or ranking by test score period?

if that's the case, a person would never get in if they scored 80, when you have fresh test takers scoring 85+

secondly, do they still rank by test score if you got the tentative select? confusion...

and has anyone received May's fitness tips?
    Once you get your TO(TSL) you are ranked by date you received the TO. If I have a TO of June first and you have June 2nd then I'd be ahead of you, but if you are all green in CASS and I'm not and their is an opening they will call you. At least that's what I've been seeing. Yes when fresh test takers come in and they score higher then you and you haven't received a TO yet then they jump ahead of you. Thing is the opening for the CBPO test doesnt come often so it's not like new testers come in every week. So you have that working for you. If you chose a geo other then SWB it's going to be difficult to get a TO. If you scored below I'd say 80 then your best shot is switching to SWB. You may get a TO in other locations but it will be a pretty long wait.
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
      I mean the head of the training branch at the port. FTO= Field Training Officer/or Office. The training officers will be the ones who will teach/instruct you back at your port. There should be someone at each port in the field training office who handles or knows how to do the VA paperwork because they have to keep up with it and certify the hours that you worked for the agency.

Thank you for the helpful information!!!
      Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
      Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
      Met BI:4/12
      VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
      Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
      Qual:cleared 04/12
      PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
      EOD:06/18/12
      FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

• has there been anyone who hasn't met with a Background investigator, but has a green checked background?

when you do, what goes on when you meet with the BI?
        tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
        NOR-11/11
        TSL- 11/17/11
        pft1- 12/8/11
        Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
        Qual- completed 3/12
        Medical Ex- completed 4/12
        S I-completed 3/12
        Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
        Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
        Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
        Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
        new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• Hello all. I have researched this and have not found a concrete answer. Percentage wise (or actual numbers if someone has them), how many CBP officers of the total CBP cadre are stationed in the SW Border region compared to all others? Is it like 60%, 75% or higher? Also, does anyone know what the most sparsely staffed region is? Just curious as to if I should switch geos or not... Thanks in advance.
          Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post
            Hello all. I have researched this and have not found a concrete answer. Percentage wise (or actual numbers if someone has them), how many CBP officers of the total CBP cadre are stationed in the SW Border region compared to all others? Is it like 60%, 75% or higher? Also, does anyone know what the most sparsely staffed region is? Just curious as to if I should switch geos or not... Thanks in advance.
            I'm not even sure where to get such information, maybe FB can chime in on this one...
            I can tell you that hiring has been concentrated on the SWB for about 80-90% of new hires, this doesn't mean the other regions aren't in need of bodies (cause they are), but it is simply the trend for the past couple of years. This is not only because of the need for more officers, but the high attrition as well... That is what happens when people jump in to "get the foot in the door" and then realize how long they'll have to stay before a "possible" move.
            How many spots are funded for any particular POE is not known by those working at the ports, they find out when that person gets "the call" from MHC. My advice is to stick with whatever region you would rather be on, instead of the "get the foot in the door" approach... It'll take longer to get in, but you'll be a happier individual/employee in the end.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              I'm not even sure where to get such information, maybe FB can chime in on this one...
              I can tell you that hiring has been concentrated on the SWB for about 80-90% of new hires, this doesn't mean the other regions aren't in need of bodies (cause they are), but it is simply the trend for the past couple of years. This is not only because of the need for more officers, but the high attrition as well... That is what happens when people jump in to "get the foot in the door" and then realize how long they'll have to stay before a "possible" move.
              How many spots are funded for any particular POE is not known by those working at the ports, they find out when that person gets "the call" from MHC. My advice is to stick with whatever region you would rather be on, instead of the "get the foot in the door" approach... It'll take longer to get in, but you'll be a happier individual/employee in the end.
              I could not agree with you more. It is going to be 4 years since I tested this coming month, but I rather wait and stay in Miami and be a happy camper for years to come. I understand that some people cannot wait for economic reasons, but I if you have a paying job and can wait and get the GEO that you really want you won't regret it.

Comment

• ok so I went to check CASS this morning and it says there is no application under that SSN.

I am kinda scared that I failed the VBT/SI and they just removed my application!

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                  ok so I went to check CASS this morning and it says there is no application under that SSN.

I am kinda scared that I failed the VBT/SI and they just removed my application!

WP, make sure you're entering the correct numbers and the correct APPID

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                    WP, make sure you're entering the correct numbers and the correct APPID
                    Last edited by Waterpistola; 05-10-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Nope, emailed MHC. I'm done.
                      Wow, really? That's horrible man. Really sorry for you but keep your head up. How long do you have to wait to take it again? 6 Months? First time I took my BPA SI I failed it and had to wait 6 months

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        I could tell you how to go about finding out, but...

I don't know of an open, public source. The direction I'd point you in would be "For Official Use Only and/or Law Enforcement Sensitive material.

Then again, you're still on probation. I'll do you a favor and not tell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by LennyXDM View Post
                          Hello all. I have researched this and have not found a concrete answer. Percentage wise (or actual numbers if someone has them), how many CBP officers of the total CBP cadre are stationed in the SW Border region compared to all others? Is it like 60%, 75% or higher? Also, does anyone know what the most sparsely staffed region is? Just curious as to if I should switch geos or not... Thanks in advance.
                          As I told Yoda, the only source of SWB numbers I know of is FOUO and/or LES.

As far as 'sparsely staffed region', what do you mean? Portland Field Office is probably the sparsest, since it's less than 200 CBPOs strong and it covers CO, OR, WY and (major sparsity) AK. Seattle FO on the other hand has about 1500 CBPOs assigned to it...but since it stretches from Point Roberts, WA to Grand Portage, MN it too can claim a great deal of 'thinness and lack of density'.

***Edited to add***

If it's real important to you, you could always file an FOIA request. I imagine, months/years later, they'd turn over those numbers to you.
                          Last edited by merlin436; 05-10-2012, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Oh pistola I'm sorry man, but like Javier says test again I'm sure your not the first and will not be the last to do so.
                            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                            Score:9X.XX%
                            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Is there anything you may have sai or done that you think you got DQ'd for?
                              Geo:SWB
                              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                              TSU: 3/28/13
                              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Like the saying says" no news, is good news." Waterpistola I'm sure you did your best, sorry about your situation but don't get discourage, better to failed the VBT/SI rather than failing the polygraph, you still got a good chance. Reapply for the next announcement.
                                Exam: 03/2012
                                NOR: 04/2012 81
                                Qualified for: GS 7
                                TSL 1 & 2 : 11/2012 Switch from SWB to Central/East Coast
                                Medical & FT: 12/2011 Completed
                                VBT & SI: 01/2012 Completed
                                Drug Test: 04/12/12 Completed
                                BI: Security Office 01/02/13
                                Poly: 04/10/2013. Failed
                                EOD:
                                PFT 2:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12029 users online. 492 members and 11537 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X