Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you take your test before someone else should you expect to receive the TSL before them or do they just get everyone's test score and go down the list??

Comment

• About the polygraph, I took mine for BPA about a year ago and received a fail letter but I got the chance to explain through a NoPA and it was accepted. Not sure if I will have to take one again.

My experience was pleasant. The gentleman handling my Poly was very courteous. At one poing he stopped because I had my butt clenched, I explained to him about a medical condition I have and of the reflexes and in one of the bathroom breaks he took the liberty of googling the condition and he told me that he understood now what I was doing and then he continued.

At the end he told me he would recommend it'd be a pass but there were some issues and since the final word was up to IA or MHC that he couldn't guarantee a pass. If I have to take another one I hope it's the same person.

Comment

• Originally posted by krazzed View Post
        I'm in the same boat man. Took my poly couple of weeks ago and was accused of selling drugs and committing a serious crime lol. I don't even have a speeding ticket...Still waiting for the DQ letter =(
        I hear you,hang on bro and don't get discuaraged ,you haven't been eliminated out of the process until you receive an official letter stating you have been found unsuitable for the position.
        I think the polygraphers play those mind game purposely to find out if you actually ever used drugs or sold drugs,etc ,admitting this will automaticaly dq an applicant, i'm not trying to convince somebody to lie,but in my case i won't accuse myself of using drugs if i never consumed them, but obviously that was exactly what they were trying me to admit,so hold on and keep us posted.

Comment

• Waiting in the DHS office for my VBT/SI. Will keep you guys updated on the outcome!
          Geo:SWB
          CBPO Exam:08/2/11
          TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
          Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
          VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
          Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
          Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
          Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
          BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
          TSU: 3/28/13
          EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
          FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
            At one poing he stopped because I had my butt clenched
            How could he tell if you had your butt clenched?
            Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
              About the polygraph, I took mine for BPA about a year ago and received a fail letter but I got the chance to explain through a NoPA and it was accepted. Not sure if I will have to take one again.

My experience was pleasant. The gentleman handling my Poly was very courteous. At one poing he stopped because I had my butt clenched, I explained to him about a medical condition I have and of the reflexes and in one of the bathroom breaks he took the liberty of googling the condition and he told me that he understood now what I was doing and then he continued.

At the end he told me he would recommend it'd be a pass but there were some issues and since the final word was up to IA or MHC that he couldn't guarantee a pass. If I have to take another one I hope it's the same person.
              How long after your poly did you receive the letter stating you failed? And how long after your NoPA did they get back to you accepting you for the position?

Comment

• Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
                how do you start the GI Bill do you call VA and tell them you heading to school?
                For school or for CBPO training? For school (college) I am not sure. For CBPO training it was 3 pages of paperwork I had to fill out. The Chief of the FTO program got me the forms and walked me through them. Then I faxed them to my local VA office.
                CBPO
                TO - 05/08 JFK
                EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                  To those that have gotten the call, if you miss the call I am aware they leave a message for you to call them back. I've also heard they send you and email as well if you miss it. Is this true? I'm planning a vacation and I'm probably not going to get cell service and just wondering if I'd get an email. My secondary question is, suppose I do get the call in the middle of my vacation and I can't call till I get back does that mean I lose my offer and get tossed from the process? Or would I just have to wait for another opening?
                  Yeah, it's no problem. I've left the country on vacation probably a dozen times since I've been in TSU. An email to MHC letting them know you're out of the country/no phone service is not a bad idea... but, yeah, you'll receive an email message, too. I'd let MHC know. I did usually when I left the country and they always said they'd make a note of it. I'd just check your email maybe once every few days but I wouldn't sweat it too much. Enjoy your vacation!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    I'd email MHC and have them answer that question. At the very least a note attached to your file stating your out-of-contact status couldn't hurt.
                    Thanks for the response Merlin, always have sound advice. Not sure why I'd didn't think of that myself haha.
                    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                    Score:9X.XX%
                    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by rambo123 View Post
                      Im on the same exact boat. Have you received any information in regards to this yet ? Im going on a 2 week vacation next month and I will be in another country without any cellphone service.
                      I haven't called yet Rambo I'm still in the planning mode of my vacation and it won't be till July or August. I'll let you know what I find out once I have my plans set and call MHC. Let me know how it goes for you as well.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                        Yeah, it's no problem. I've left the country on vacation probably a dozen times since I've been in TSU. An email to MHC letting them know you're out of the country/no phone service is not a bad idea... but, yeah, you'll receive an email message, too. I'd let MHC know. I did usually when I left the country and they always said they'd make a note of it. I'd just check your email maybe once every few days but I wouldn't sweat it too much. Enjoy your vacation!
                        Thanks Gbeck, I'll definetly do that. I figured they would send an email as well as leaving a voicemail. Just wanted to make sure. I'd lose my mind if I got bumped bc I was unreachable on vacation haha. It's good to know others have done the same.
                        List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by ELAW25 View Post
                          If you take your test before someone else should you expect to receive the TSL before them or do they just get everyone's test score and go down the list??
                          TOs are issued by test scores. The date one takes the test is largely irrelevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELAW25 View Post
                            If you take your test before someone else should you expect to receive the TSL before them or do they just get everyone's test score and go down the list??
                            Exactly like Merlin said, they issue TO's by test score not test date. Once you get your TO that is your place in line. If I recieved my TO June 1st and you have June 2nd then I'd be ahead of you. That is if we have both cleared everything.
                            List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                              How could he tell if you had your butt clenched?
                              When you take a Poly they put sensors on your fingers, around your chest and you sit on some sort of pad that's also a sensor.

Originally posted by Midwest24 View Post
                              How long after your poly did you receive the letter stating you failed? And how long after your NoPA did they get back to you accepting you for the position?
                              I think it was almost 2 months after my poly that I received the letter and I had like 2 weeks to write my NoPA and send it to them, after that, I did not receive anything else in the mail, CASS just one day checked my BI. I wrote to them to see if this meant that it had been accepted and they told me yes.

Comment

• The Chief of the FTO?
                                Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
                                Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
                                Met BI:4/12
                                VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
                                Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
                                Qual:cleared 04/12
                                PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
                                EOD:06/18/12
                                FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6638 users online. 310 members and 6328 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X