300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Americoza View Post
    They stated that DC will make a decision and may make an offer to retest and it's pointless to me anyway, i suspect that they might have played a mind game with me, why would they ask me a question if they knew i failed it?
    Anyway, whatever happens -happens, if i didn't get the job then probably it wasn't meant to be mine.
    wow, that is insane...
    you know they tell you nerves don't affect the poly before you take it, but it has been proven time and time again that it does. and to me, when you are already nervous and then to be asked on top of that about drugs and all these other things that you know is the deal breaker between you and your job has to make the nerves ten times as bad.

Hopefully they let you retest, and if they do, try to think of some questions to ask them about which may have oddly tripped it...like, i have never done illegal drugs, however when i was sick there were times I have taken more than prescribed...or another example could be, i have never dealt/sold drugs but I have given a friend prescription motrin when they were sick... because polygraphs have been known to be "tricked" by thoughts like that and the results either come out deceptive or inconclusive...

Comment

• there are a few forum threads on here with people who failed polys..and few at other websites too with people that failed, got a retest and passed.

Comment

• Anyone who has taken poly, how do you know of your results, or is that when they call you for your eod? Also how long after your poly do you get an eod or a DQ letter?

Comment

• To those that have gotten the call, if you miss the call I am aware they leave a message for you to call them back. I've also heard they send you and email as well if you miss it. Is this true? I'm planning a vacation and I'm probably not going to get cell service and just wondering if I'd get an email. My secondary question is, suppose I do get the call in the middle of my vacation and I can't call till I get back does that mean I lose my offer and get tossed from the process? Or would I just have to wait for another opening?
          NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
          Score:9X.XX%
          List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by krazzed View Post
            I'm in the same boat man. Took my poly couple of weeks ago and was accused of selling drugs and committing a serious crime lol. I don't even have a speeding ticket...Still waiting for the DQ letter =(
            I've heard no news is good news. They could have beeen trying to shake you? I think polygraph testing loses a lot of great applicants for the job. I'm not too thrilled about taking one but I have nothing to hide. I just don't like the 60% fail rate.
            Last edited by Waterpistola; 05-09-2012, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
              To those that have gotten the call, if you miss the call I am aware they leave a message for you to call them back. I've also heard they send you and email as well if you miss it. Is this true? I'm planning a vacation and I'm probably not going to get cell service and just wondering if I'd get an email. My secondary question is, suppose I do get the call in the middle of my vacation and I can't call till I get back does that mean I lose my offer and get tossed from the process? Or would I just have to wait for another opening?
              I'd email MHC and have them answer that question. At the very least a note attached to your file stating your out-of-contact status couldn't hurt.

Comment

• How do they choose who gets the Polygraph test is it just random?
                GEO: SWB
                TSL 1 & 2: 4/5/13 & 5/1/13
                Medical & PFT-1: 4/17/13 Passed
                VBT/SI: 6/17/13 Passed
                Qual: (GS-5) Cleared
                Drug Test: Pending
                BI: In security office
                Poly: Pending
                TSU: Pending

Comment

• I think nearly 100% of the candidates in the running now will be getting a polygraph as it is mandatory by 2013.
                  Last edited by Waterpistola; 05-09-2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• FY13 starts October, 01. All FYs start on 10/01.

Comment

• Pre-Employment Forms completed All pre-employment forms have been received.
                      Qualifications completed A review of your work experience and/or education has been completed and you have been found to be qualified at Grade 7
                      Medical Exam pending Your medical has been sent to our Medical Review Office for a determination. We normally receive a determination approximately four weeks after your exam date.
                      Structured Interview completed Congratulations! You have passed the interview process.
                      Drug Screening pending Your drug test is pending at this time.
                      Background Investigation pending Your case is in the security office.
                      Fitness completed Fitness test has been successfully completed.

For those of you waiting for your CASS to update, this is what it should come through looking like. I tested 8AUG2011 and this is where I stand in the process.

Comment

• Has anybody on here failed the polygraph and already is in LE?

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                          Has anybody on here failed the polygraph and already is in LE?
                          Haven't heard of that happening to a LEO but I have heard of a few TSOs that took it and failed for example the drug question and got fired from their TSA job as well, so I'm sure that happens to LEOs too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
                            I don't know much about the port, but the city probably wouldn't exist without the port. It's a long way from anywhere and to quote a friend of mine, "there ain't nothing out there but dirt." It's the hottest place in Texas. You can get G-housing as a CBP employee there. If your spouse is a teacher, she can get a job. Many of the CBP employees there live in Marfa, an hour up the road, or in Apline, and hour and a half away.
                            Funny you mention the teacher part. I was just wondering why you say that, since it is possible that I go there and my gf is almost done with her bachelors in education.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                              To those that have gotten the call, if you miss the call I am aware they leave a message for you to call them back. I've also heard they send you and email as well if you miss it. Is this true? I'm planning a vacation and I'm probably not going to get cell service and just wondering if I'd get an email. My secondary question is, suppose I do get the call in the middle of my vacation and I can't call till I get back does that mean I lose my offer and get tossed from the process? Or would I just have to wait for another opening?
                              Im on the same exact boat. Have you received any information in regards to this yet ? Im going on a 2 week vacation next month and I will be in another country without any cellphone service.

Comment

• Anyone who got a TSL for SWB on February 16, 2012 that has passed their MED,PFT1 and VBT/SI get a call from their Background investigator yet ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10704 users online. 494 members and 10210 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X