300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
    I have good news for anyone who is trying to use the Post 9/11 GI bill for training with CBP. I can confirm 100% that you can use the benefits for CBPO training (for 12 months). It took almost 6 months to process, but I just got a lump sum deposited to me today. The next 6 months will be on a month to month payment schedule.
    Great info LIcoastie. I truly appreciate you keeping the forum updated for us veterans. Was thinking of using my MGIB on CBPO training. Question for you? Are you going to pay in for your retirement? How many years? I have eight.

Comment

• Took my VBT/SI on Monday, the individual at the office mentioned that I passed the VBT and should get my results about the SI within 1 month.
      GEO: Illinois
      Test: 12/2010
      NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
      PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
      FT1: 2/20/2012
      Equip: 3/29/2012
      VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
      BI:11/22/2012
      Medical: 3/14/2012
      Poly: 10/18/2012
      Drug Test: Not Scheduled
      PFT2:

Comment

• Originally posted by GWOTVET View Post
        Great info LIcoastie. I truly appreciate you keeping the forum updated for us veterans. Was thinking of using my MGIB on CBPO training. Question for you? Are you going to pay in for your retirement? How many years? I have eight.
        No prob. I would highly recommend using the GI bill for CBPO training. The 9/11 Ch. 33 seems to pay out better than the Ch.31 (for most people). It really depends on how high the BAH is for your area. The BAH rate is based off of your port, not your home address. You can't really beat getting paid E5 with dependents BAH for going through a training program. Pay out is up to 12 months. first 6 is 100%, last 6 is 90%. Ill use the rest of it later on to finish up a MA program when I have some more free time. The extra money will come in handy making that GS5/7 pay the first year.

And yes, I have 4 years active duty and I am going to buy it all back. It will cost me several thousand dollars but it will add 4% on top of my retirement, which could add around $4,000 (or more?) a year, every year of retirement.

All the people who I know that could have bought back their military time did so. I know one woman who bought back 12 years! You have I think a 2 or 3 year grace period from your EOD to buy back the time without any interest. I have herd if you try and do it after that time the interest really piles up. You can do it in a lump sum or every two out of your paycheck.

Good luck
        CBPO
        TO - 05/08 JFK
        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Had my Poly today, everything went smooth until they done and gave me a break ,then i was called back into a room and one of the polygraphers told me that i failed a drug question.I was so surprised and almost said ,''you've got to be kidding me'', never used drugs in my life,then all the mind games started,so now i think i have to sit and wait either for dq letter or something else.

Comment

• That's awful. Hopefully everything works out with the polygraph for you. I really believe them saying only 2 out of 5 people pass the polygraph. Seems like such a joke.
            CBPO:
            Test Date: 3/26/2012
            NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
            NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
            TSL: 4/27/2012
            PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
            Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
            VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
            Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
            Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• That 60% failure rate stat is a couple of years old and was created during a time when polys were much more targeted to people of negative interest.

Having said that, I have no idea what an accurate failure rate with the poly might be currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                EVERYONE signs the "provisional agreement", it's been like that at least since I applied in 2007...
                The latest move on them is to have you do the poly, and if you pass it, they'll give you an EOD... of course pending a full BI by the time you graduate. If it's not completed by that time you will not have your weapon and credentials until it is done. This is what we have been calling an "interim" clearance for years on this board... Yet another example of how outdated the information posted here "is", despite ones claims of how radically changed the process and outdated the information here is...
                Bro, Is it really that serious.......Why even respond to my post/question, if your going to respond with sarcasm?
                Test -02 April 2012
                NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                Qualifications - (Pending)
                PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                Drug Test - (pending)
                Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                B.I. - In security office
                Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                PFT2 -
                EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                  I don't think I signed a provisional agreement...Hmmm or maybe I did, I filled out so many! Can you tell us more about it?
                  Yes, they just sent it to me today. Thats why I was wondering about it because they sent me a email with just that form attached to it..
                  Test -02 April 2012
                  NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                  TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                  Qualifications - (Pending)
                  PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                  VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                  Drug Test - (pending)
                  Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                  B.I. - In security office
                  Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                  PFT2 -
                  EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Americoza, man, ive heard of that happening to a lot of people.. :/ they didn't offer a retest at all?
                    Last edited by Moeie586; 05-08-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                      Bro, Is it really that serious.......Why even respond to my post/question, if your going to respond with sarcasm?
                      These are the ones that "represent" cbo oh so "well"...

Comment

• how do you start the GI Bill do you call VA and tell them you heading to school?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                          These are the ones that "represent" cbo oh so "well"...
                          Congressional Budget Office?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                            Read it again and see if the sarcasm was geared towards you... and there should be a Sir or an LT instead of a "bro" there if you catch my drift Soldier :-).
                            Last edited by yoda; 05-08-2012, 11:19 PM.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                              Americoza, man, ive heard of that happening to a lot of people.. :/ they didn't offer a retest at all?
                              They stated that DC will make a decision and may make an offer to retest and it's pointless to me anyway, i suspect that they might have played a mind game with me, why would they ask me a question if they knew i failed it?
                              Anyway, whatever happens -happens, if i didn't get the job then probably it wasn't meant to be mine.

Comment

• I'm in the same boat man. Took my poly couple of weeks ago and was accused of selling drugs and committing a serious crime lol. I don't even have a speeding ticket...Still waiting for the DQ letter =(
                                Tested 08/11 with NOR of 98 no vet points
                                Switched to SW - 10/11
                                TSL - 10/11
                                VBT/SI - 10/11 - Passed
                                Medical/PFT1 - 11/11 - Passed
                                Drug test - 12/11 - Passed
                                Background - In security office
                                Qualifications - passed 3/12

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5427 users online. 275 members and 5152 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X