Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
    By the way facial hair:

If you show up with facial hair, you are either told to shave or to keep it trimmed. So my advice is if you want to keep your facial hair, show up with it and keep it neat. Otherwise you will be reprimanded, unless you have a legitimate reason. Big reason for a many of us is that we start to break out or develop skin irritation from shaving daily.

Okay good info, Yeah the Army also allows that if shaving breaks out your face.... So nicely trimmed and low is the way to go
    Test -02 April 2012
    NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
    TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
    Qualifications - (Pending)
    PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
    VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
    Drug Test - (pending)
    Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
    B.I. - In security office
    Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
    PFT2 -
    EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Anyone getting any Northern Border?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1806 View Post
        Anyone getting any Northern Border?
        Are you referring to CBPO or BPA? While both are stationed on the Northern Border, you're question just seems like it may be geared towards BPA. Either way, a few have had final offers for "Northern" ports recently. Within the last year or so I remember seeing Northern Border Maine, Boston, Buffalo, Blaine, WA, Michigan, I think someone went to Vermont not too long ago. Basically it's been pretty slow for Northern ports when compared to the Southwest Border.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
          like you said a lot of the info is outdated, even things posted 8 months ago are outdated. it's not fair that guy comes to this forum to ask a question just for some loser to tell him to tell him he is lazy, he is looking for current, relevant information. And im sure that other person was once in his shoes posting here asking questions too. just answer the damn questions people have, and if others feel like they don't want to respond then don't!

it has nothing to do with someone's research skills, some of the most popular questions that you think would be easy to find either are not that easy to find, or is outdated.
          What was needed that was so "current and relevant" in his questions? Along with many others?
          It's right on the announcement: "Relocation expenses will not be paid to the initial duty location." But why read what you're applying for right? Facial hair has been touched on a lot too. You don't need access to the latest directives for this.

I've been through the process and learned a hell of a lot more and answered 99% of my questions by just skimming threads, forums and google. It's not "rude" to say take a little time and read and you'll probably find your answer. There is a ton of info in this thread and it doesn't take long to skim.

If that is actually "rude" to you and gets you all wound up...well good luck with CBP missy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
            Thanks Zodiac. Sounds like a nice POE to work at.
            That would be the perfect place to work for me. Matamoros is dangerous now but I remember going there as a kid and playing soccer. The majority of the people are good people but they live in fear of all the idiots there now. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by dfacedc View Post
              What was needed that was so "current and relevant" in his questions? Along with many others?
              It's right on the announcement: "Relocation expenses will not be paid to the initial duty location." But why read what you're applying for right? Facial hair has been touched on a lot too. You don't need access to the latest directives for this.

I've been through the process and learned a hell of a lot more and answered 99% of my questions by just skimming threads, forums and google. It's not "rude" to say take a little time and read and you'll probably find your answer. There is a ton of info in this thread and it doesn't take long to skim.

If that is actually "rude" to you and gets you all wound up...well good luck with CBP missy.
              dude wtf??? and im not the only one who said anything so why only attack me???
              i just felt like he should have answered the question that's all. no one said anything to the guy who asked a question about facial hair that was just answered not even a month ago. so why not say anything to that guy? thats the only point im trying to make. and for you to come out of nowhere and single me out and yet again try to start something that was already finished was very uncalled for. please grow up.

and "good luck with CBP missy." really?!?!?! you don't know me well enough to even refer to me as missy, so you can seriously go **** yourself for that comment and trying to single me out. I'll survive cbp just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by dfacedc View Post

If you can show me where you found anything on facial hair, pls post the link... I google everything and I couldnt find anything but "Strict Grooming Standards" which can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different Govt positions. The Army has "Strict Grooming Standards" but yet some people have beards due to "bad shaving skin". If this site had some kind of search engine/function then I could understand telling someone to do there "homework/research" but looking through 1000's upon 1000's of threads for an answer doesnt make any sense, to me atleast. I would not trust anything that I read on here thats not from 2011-2012, because as a lot of people may know **** changes everyday especially when it comes to the US Govt. I see no point in anyone getting upset about anything, I mean if you feel that its a "stupid" question just dont answer it! I mean one day most of us will probably be at the same POE and be best friends and never know that it was the same person that you were calling lazy or whatever was said.

Just my two cents, and by no means is the part about stupid this and stupid that referring to you. It just popped in my mind as I was quoting your post.

"There is no such thing as a stupid question, Stupid implies to the person who doesnt ask a question"
                Test -02 April 2012
                NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                Qualifications - (Pending)
                PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                Drug Test - (pending)
                Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                B.I. - In security office
                Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                PFT2 -
                EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Where's May's Fitness tips???
                  tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                  NOR-11/11
                  TSL- 11/17/11
                  pft1- 12/8/11
                  Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                  Qual- completed 3/12
                  Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                  S I-completed 3/12
                  Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                  Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                  Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                  Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                  new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

• How are duty stations? Is is like a set amount of time at one before moving to another? Or is it just waiting for one to open up and then trying to move?

Comment

• Im not sure about the rest of the ports, but for SWB you gotta be there for 2yrs before you can put in for transfer.

Comment

• There is a search function on top of the thread...
                        If a new applicant takes the time to read through the thread... most if not all of their possible questions would be addressed within it. ALL of the information in this thread IS relevant. There is really no outdated information regarding how this process moves along. In fact it'll give that person a better understanding on how RANDOM everything moves in this process. I have seen people get picked up in 3 months and I had a class mate that waited 6 years...
                        I understand that in todays "instant gratification" world simply posting a question is much easier than going through 1000 pages... But if you go back maybe 100 pages you could see all of the questions answered and might also get a better understanding of the big picture process. Trust me the only thing that has really changed in this is the probation period after getting hired and the requirement of passing the PFT2 prior to EOD....EVERYTHING else is the same!!!...
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                          I was there today, they said "Gerald ford does not have a CBP"
                          I don't know what to tell you.

I posted links from both CBP and the airport that strongly suggest the existence of the office. I posted the address and phone number. A quick bit of research( yes...I said it) on Google tells me that in 2009 the PD was named Robert Pykosz(from his picture he's a first-line sup/PD...maybe FB knows him.) The same research(there's that naughty word again) turns up G.R. was a 3-man PoE in 2009.

What more do you need?

Comment

• This thread started in July of 2006.

Since then CBPOs have seen the addition of 20 year retirement and a journeyman pay increase to GS-12.

Morale has increased. Shift bid and rotation and/or AWS is much more likely.

There's a new academy.(CBPOBT/FOOBT) Shotguns, M4s and tasers are much more prevalent.

Beards are in. Embroidered badges are much more common.

Radiation portal monitors are pretty much everywhere. There's been more of a push to get some CBPOs out of the port and working interior checkpoints and other 'non-traditional' duties.

I no doubt have missed a few things but that'll cover most of the major changes over the last 6 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              I don't know what to tell you.

I posted links from both CBP and the airport that strongly suggest the existence of the office. I posted the address and phone number. A quick bit of research( yes...I said it) on Google tells me that in 2009 the PD was named Robert Pykosz(from his picture he's a first-line sup/PD...maybe FB knows him.) The same research(there's that naughty word again) turns up G.R. was a 3-man PoE in 2009.

What more do you need?
                              and Im telling you I was there today, and thats what I was told. the countless times a month I have flown out, I have never seen a CBP...its a small airport, so you couldn't miss it.

Comment

• @Moeie586

I don't know why he keeps trying to make an argument about this. But, you are right, the Gerald Ford international airport really does not have a cbp post/office/officer anywhere in it. And if I am not mistaken, if any "customs and immigration" issues arise, they actually call local ICE agents. if they are not available, then CBPs from Detroit are then called in.

Moeie you were right. She knows her stuff.
                                Now I shall go back to just being a distant on-looker

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10863 users online. 538 members and 10325 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X