300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
    well my friend then you are in for a rude awakening.
    Really? A rude awaking? I am, and have been well aware of what this job is and entails for quite some time.
    CBPO
    TO - 05/08 JFK
    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• lol you're servicing your country, you are providing security, etc etc.
      ummmm.....yeah.

Comment

• @Watepistola

yes, if you have ever interviewed for a job before, you know exactly what will be asked. its no different, they may even ask more job scenario related questions, however it will still be on track with the usual questions. just take your time before answering...be honest, thorough-yet brisk and to the point and you will be fine

Comment

• Thanks everyone! VBT/SI at 9 today!

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
            Are you a CBPO? Do you know what the job is? So you thing you will be servicing, assisting, helping people all day long? If anyone is looking for that they should work at CIS.
            From the look of it, she's a TSO with TSA. Go figure.

Comment

• For anybody inquiring about the VBT here is a link from the CBP website of some FAQs:

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...bpo_vbt_si.pdf
              Geo:SWB
              CBPO Exam:08/2/11
              TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
              Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
              VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
              Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
              Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
              Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
              BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
              TSU: 3/28/13
              EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
              FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• good luck @waterpistola!!!
                Last edited by Moeie586; 05-07-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  From the look of it, she's a TSO with TSA. Go figure.

????

oh wow, you know me so well.
                  guess again, any bet wagers this time?!?
                  ugh people on here are so rude...no wonder people keep leaving

Comment

I watch these forums a lot. I currently work for DHS, trying to transfer to CBP. But I do have to comment on something I see A LOT!! I understand that a lot of people really want to gt into CBP, but please be careful with just choosing the SWB as a quick way to get into the job. If you have never been there, you have noooo idea what kind of lifestyle you are going to have to adapt to, its a WHOLE NEW WORLD. Hence why they are always hiring, the turnover rate for the SWB is so high because people get down there and can't handle it. The station you choose, is where you have to be for a mandatory of 2-3 years. On top of all that, a lot of people forget to factor in relocation expenses. It costs thousands to get your things from somewhere like Michigan to Arizona.

I know a lot of people are looking for a fast way to get into CBP, we all are, but please really think about where you will be happy working in the long run....the SWB is no walk in the park, especially if you get a location like Douglas, AZ or Sells, AZ where the closest "semi big city" is like 60 miles away.... lol. just a heads up people.
                    Good luck!
                    Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                    no, they are not. only category 1 and category X airports, and a few smaller ones.
                    Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                    ????

Who's being rude?

You've said you worked for DHS and you've posted domestic airport classes.
                    (I would disagree on the second post there and say that CBP is attached to all international airports, but that's tangential to today's issue).

I inferred TSA, what's the problem?

Since you work for DHS and apparently don't work for TSA, what agency do you work for?

Comment

• I dont mean to be rude. But since I am tired of reading thru 3 pages of just back and forth bickering I have to say something. Why dont we all grow up and leave the discusion about who is right. The great thing about a forum is that you can answer what you want and ignore what you want. So why dont we all agree to let the ones that want to answer questions answer them and if you dont just dont answer it. The forum is for information regardign the job not who knows more about it. Yes people are going to ask questions that have been asked a million times before and yes there are those that are tired of it; but in the end that is what everybody does. Like in any job you look for the answer and if you dont have the answer you go looking for somebody that does. and somebody in this forum will have the answer and will not mind answer the question while others would rather not keep answering. Both ideas are totally fine if you want to be helpful kuddos if not then that is fine too. that's the great thing about a forum. Now let's please all be adults because the last few pages just sound like a fight between my daughter and her playmate. I am not trying to be disrespectful to any of you because I believe you all bring a lot of knowledge to the thread and am very grateful for it.

Comment

• i don't understand what that has to do with anything??? maybe i am missing something.

I've been asked that previously and i will not disclose it. there are a lot of people on this forum who does the same, our choice.

and no cbp is NOT attached to all international airports......

anyways im on here to help others, i saw something rude so me and a couple others said something about it. this forum is here to ask questions, and provide information.

soooo have a nice day!!

Comment

????

The problem I see here is that you are posting as if you were a seasoned CBPO that "knows" everything there is to be known about how to get our job and what we do...
                          -Working near CBPO's or knowing CBPO's doesn't make you an expert on what we do.
                          -CBPO's you may know have no idea of hiring because this is handled by MHC, not the ports.
                          -Took me 4 years to go through the hiring process and I have seen first hand how much the trends change... but the information posted here is relevant and not outdated as you claimed.

Having hissy fits over actual CBPO's calling you out doesn't help either... Merlin is a CBPO that has been answering questions on this board since the thread began, FB is a Sup!... and we have a few more that post every once in a while.
                          I'd say tone it down a notch... just my $.02

BTW
                          I have yet to see the "servicing, assisting, helping, providing" part of my job...unless you are referring to the COUNTRY, then maybe...
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• +1 Idomi

you are right, thanks!

Comment

• @yoda
                              oh you know me too awesome!..one big party!

everything I have posted have been fact either straight from cbp (which i have direct ties to), or the hiring center itself (which I also have direct ties to)

and if im not sure about something i always give a response in an opinion form.

and the only reason why those two are even saying anything to me is because I called out one of them by saying it was rude to call that one guy lazy for not looking through over a thousand pages for an answer..FB and a few others came to my defense and they didn't say anything to them...hmmmm.

anyways like Idomi said we aren't here for this.
                              Last edited by Moeie586; 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

and no cbp is NOT attached to all international airports......
                                O.K.

Care to name an international airport that doesn't have a CBP presence attached to it during the course of international flights? I'm curious.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11391 users online. 398 members and 10993 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X