Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very well said FB!!!!

Comment

• I'm not opposed to answering questions based on my knowledge or experience, but there really is a lot of good intel on this thread.
      Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
        part of the job is servicing, assisting, helping, providing...this would be a good place to practice it
        I get the point you were making with this statement, but really none of those things are part of the job.
        CBPO
        TO - 05/08 JFK
        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Firebug View Post
          While in the academy, the policy on facial hair may be up in the air. However, after the academy the policy is quite clear for bargaining unit members. Facial hair is permitted, it has to be neat and trimmed not beyond a certain length.

FB
          Thanks, As much as I dont want to, I will just show up clean shaved and then go from there. The job and having a good standing with higher management is better then having a beard anyway.
          Test -02 April 2012
          NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
          TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
          Qualifications - (Pending)
          PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
          VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
          Drug Test - (pending)
          Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
          B.I. - In security office
          Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
          PFT2 -
          EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Does anyone know anything about the port in Presidio Texas or the city itself?

Comment

• question regarding the structured interview... I assume the questions are phrased as "tell me about a time you did this" "what did you do?" type questions? Can anyone shed any light on that?

Comment

• Well said, FB. Sifting through over 1,000 pages with 30 posts per page looking for an answer to a question can be a major headache and a waste of time esp. when someone can answer it in just a few seconds. There are new people joining this forum every week who may have just recently taken the entry exam and, naturally, aren't going to know every little bit of information as someone on here who's been a CBP officer for a year or two or three and successfully made it through FLETC. The fact that someone who already knows the answer and then publicly criticizes someone new to the forum for even asking such a question seems completely unnecessary. Searching a 1,000+ pages on a remote post about facial hair can take 30 minutes or more depending on where you initiate your search. If the question has been asked 5 times in the last 2 years, so what? I would expect it to be asked more than once considering the amount of new people who join this forum every week or possibly from new people who don't religiously follow this post every hour of every day of every week like some people. Personally, I log in maybe once a week, if that. Everyone knows how to research information, but spending 30-60 minutes searching through 1,000+ pages and 20,000 posts spanning 6 years just isn't always feasible. For the people that have been on here for 4 years or have a great deal of knowledge about the whole process, consider yourself lucky, and maybe try to remember what it was like when you first took the test, joined this forum and knew nothing to very little about what life is like for CBP officer. If I ever manage to move beyond 4 years in TSU and become a CBP officer soon, I'd have no problem answering questions, even if they are redundant at times. After all, that's what this forum is for, no?

Comment

• Go to the Border Patrol forum on Delphi. There is an in depth discussion on Presidio, TX, as well as a couple photos. The moderator there was also stationed there many moons ago. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                    I get the point you were making with this statement, but really none of those things are part of the job.

well my friend then you are in for a rude awakening.

Comment

• FB is actually a 1st line supervisor, FWIW.

Comment

well my friend then you are in for a rude awakening.
                        Not really. On the grand scale of things and agency-wide, all of that is secondary...even tertiary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                          question regarding the structured interview... I assume the questions are phrased as "tell me about a time you did this" "what did you do?" type questions? Can anyone shed any light on that?
                          Don't fret about the SI/VBT. You're better off taking it cold and without any preconceived notions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                            question regarding the structured interview... I assume the questions are phrased as "tell me about a time you did this" "what did you do?" type questions? Can anyone shed any light on that?
                            Go to the FAQ on CBP website, they tell you as much as we/they are allowed to tell you. And I agree with Merlin, don't go with pre conceptions

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              Not really. On the grand scale of things and agency-wide, all of that is secondary...even tertiary.
                              yet still a part of the job. you don't have those qualities (or think you don't need them) you won't survive. and being an FLEO I wouldn't dare hire someone who thinks those qualities are not important to have on this job...
                              Last edited by Moeie586; 05-06-2012, 11:21 PM.

Comment

yet still a part of the job. you don't have those qualities (or think you don't need them) you won't survive. and being an FLEO I wouldn't dare hire someone who thinks those qualities are not important to have on this job...
                                Are you a CBPO? Do you know what the job is? So you thing you will be servicing, assisting, helping people all day long? If anyone is looking for that they should work at CIS.

None of those things are technically qualities. Having someone who is kind, helpful, understanding, patient. Those are qualities.

To get back to the original discussion. I have no problem answering any questions I can about anything, even if it has been asked over and over again. But really for many of these questions the answers do not change. Doing a simple search first would give most people the answers they are looking for.

Right now facial hair at the academy is pretty much a free for all. Grow a beard, goatee, or just choose to not shave for 3 days, whatever. I don't agree with it, but that is what it is. As far as moving to the SWB you are on your own on for moving, travel, and living expenses. That will not change.
                                CBPO
                                TO - 05/08 JFK
                                EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14619 users online. 463 members and 14156 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X