Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Test -July 17 2011
    NOR-august 30 2011
    TO- October 29 2011
    Medical and PT 1- December 05 2011
    VBT SI -December 15 2011
    Met the BI - February 05 2011

    Comment


    • Thank you Americoza, good luck on your poly.
      CBPO
      Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
      NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
      TSL1- 5/25/12
      TSL2 - 5/30/12
      e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
      Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
      PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
      VBT -
      S.I. -
      Medical - 7/13/12
      Drug Test -
      B.I. - In Security Office
      PFT2 -
      EOD -
      $$$

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Americoza View Post
        Test -July 17 2011
        NOR-august 30 2011
        TO- October 29 2011
        Medical and PT 1- December 05 2011
        VBT SI -December 15 2011
        Met the BI - February 05 2011

        I got my TO a day before yours! Maybe I'll be hearing about a poly soon. Good luck on yours!
        Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
        Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
        TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
        PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
        Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
        VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
        B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
        Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
        Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
        PFT2: ?

        Comment


        • Thank you guys!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
            Who else is going to be at FLETC around Jul 16 - Nov 20?
            congrats sandwich
            CBPO
            Geo - West Coast
            Exam - 10/12/11 San Diego
            NOR - 4/2/12
            TSL - 6/12/12
            PFT1 - green
            BI -
            Quals -
            VBT/SI - green
            Drug Screen - green

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Americoza View Post
              Would anyone on this forum who's ectualy been through the process and got hired tell me how it works when you come to your duty station from an other state,I'm from IL and have to go ( in case I get hired) to SWB,where do new recruits live ,does CBP provide accommodation or you have to find it on your own,how do they get to work,please share your experience I'm trying to get an idea how it works at the very beginning
              You get a place on your own, and then drive yourself to work.

              I think there are some remote areas of the SWB that have gov't housing, but I do not know anything about them.
              CBPO
              TO - 05/08 JFK
              EOD - 12/05/2011

              Comment


              • what is the trend for the interview day.
                I did the Video part today and then they have me waiting around to see if I would do the interview.
                but then they told me they would contact me by mail for the interview.

                they send the video tape to another office in the same building then they wait for that office to give them the ok.
                The guy also mention they were running behind schedule.

                Do that mean I fail the Video part?
                How many have this happen?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                  Would anyone on this forum who's ectualy been through the process and got hired tell me how it works when you come to your duty station from an other state,I'm from IL and have to go ( in case I get hired) to SWB,where do new recruits live ,does CBP provide accommodation or you have to find it on your own,how do they get to work,please share your experience I'm trying to get an idea how it works at the very beginning
                  There's 1,227 pages on this forum topic I'm sure it's been answered over a hundred times along with every other question that's been asked the last 5 dozen pages. Take some time put in some work and read and you'll find the answer.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dfacedc View Post
                    There's 1,227 pages on this forum topic I'm sure it's been answered over a hundred times along with every other question that's been asked the last 5 dozen pages. Take some
                    time put in some work and read and you'll find the answer.
                    ugh. really guy??? reading over the past like 50 pages...that's okay. but by the time someone goes through over a thousand pages and someone can answer that simple question for him in a matter of seconds.
                    im sure when you asked a question no one said "well im sure if you actually do a little more research online you will find the answer..." this is a forum, it's here for questions to be asked, and people to answer them. I don't expect anyone to have to go through over a thousand pages in search for a question someone can simply answer...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                      ugh. really guy??? reading over the past like 50 pages...that's okay. but by the time someone goes through over a thousand pages and someone can answer that simple question for him in a matter of seconds.
                      im sure when you asked a question no one said "well im sure if you actually do a little more research online you will find the answer..." this is a forum, it's here for questions to be asked, and people to answer them. I don't expect anyone to have to go through over a thousand pages in search for a question someone can simply answer...
                      It's covered here constantly 50 pages and you'll get an answer. Or you can be a lazy sob and ask your mommy to spoon feed you all the information with no work. "mommy what to cbpo's do??"

                      Comment


                      • we should make a FAQ with answers to the same repeat questions...oh wait I think CBP already did that...but it's vague.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
                          what is the trend for the interview day.
                          I did the Video part today and then they have me waiting around to see if I would do the interview.
                          but then they told me they would contact me by mail for the interview.

                          they send the video tape to another office in the same building then they wait for that office to give them the ok.
                          The guy also mention they were running behind schedule.

                          Do that mean I fail the Video part?
                          How many have this happen?
                          BASED SOLELY on what I have read on the forum, it doesn't sound very promising. If they had people there to do the SI then sent you home that isn't a good sign. I hope I am wrong for your sake.
                          Last edited by Waterpistola; 05-04-2012, 05:37 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dfacedc View Post
                            It's covered here constantly 50 pages and you'll get an answer. Or you can be a lazy sob and ask your mommy to spoon feed you all the information with no work. "mommy what to cbpo's do??"
                            I can't wait to see you ask another question. get a life.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                              BASED SOLELY on what I have read on the forum, it doesn't sound very promising. If they had people there to do the SI then sent you home that isn't a good sign. I hope I am wrong for your sake.

                              yes, I agree, that is not a good sign at all. but just wait...you never know!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Americoza View Post
                                Would anyone on this forum who's ectualy been through the process and got hired tell me how it works when you come to your duty station from an other state,I'm from IL and have to go ( in case I get hired) to SWB,where do new recruits live ,does CBP provide accommodation or you have to find it on your own,how do they get to work,please share your experience I'm trying to get an idea how it works at the very beginning
                                I haven't been through it yet, but have been through similar with DHS and know of people who has been through the process with cbp...pretty much everything you do is out of pocket..there are very few places that may provide "housing" but don't bet your buck on it. on top of all the other reasons for why its a bad idea to to relocate to the swb without knowing the ins and outs of the area and/or previously living there...this is just another reason why hundreds of people who want to go to the swb as a "quick way to get into cbp" dont make it through..turns out they can't afford it...from relocation expenses right down to moving their belongings across state, it will cost you thousands.
                                you're from Illinois, have you ever visited the swb to see what the lifestyle is like? see what the commutes are like...some stations are as far as 1hr and 30 min from the closest housing/hotels/restaurants etc. that's something else you need to factor in...

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4785 users online. 183 members and 4602 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X