300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rambo123 View Post
    Has anyone ever taken their SI/VBT with a goatee and passed ? I have my interview next week and was wondering if I should shave it off or not. I currently work for a police dept and interviewed 5 years ago and they didn't judge me because of it and I got the job. Will customs judge for the interview ? I understand already for the academy and some ports you cannot have goatee's. Any advice will be very helpful. Thanks in advance !
    I have a goatee and I took my VBT/SI with it today. Still don't know, but hopefully I passed. I don't think they care much about that, as long as it's trimmed and in place. When I did my BPA SI I had a goatee as well and I passed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Missouri 26 View Post
      I tested in chicago on April 4th, 2012. Got my NOR a week later. I scored an 83 and my region is florida. I dont think I have a chance to get a TSL anytime soon with my score and the region I choose. The only thing can help me is the fact that i am Bilingual Spanish/English but I dont think they look at my resume at all, It is all about the score.
      How many people tested that day?

Comment

• I got the call today!!! FLETC from Jul 16 - Nov 20. See you there!!!!
        Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
        Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
        Met BI:4/12
        VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
        Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
        Qual:cleared 04/12
        PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
        EOD:06/18/12
        FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Pointman8 View Post
          Does anybody know what FLETC is like? Is it like Military style or more like a college atmosphere? How is the rooming? Do you have a roommate or does everyone sleep in a common area like the military? I'm just curious.
          both on everything kinda.

first off: not very military, there is drill and ceremony (marching, formation, etc). there are inspections during drill and ceremony, they don't have any actual consequences. Your ORT instructors may get on you more than your regular supervisors for class. ALLEGEDLY (so don't jump on me), there is to be marching from class to class in the near future according to my supervisor. take that with a grain of salt, it was supposed to have been something that was just negotiated, but no word on how it'll work quite yet. A lot of people here complain about how "strict" everything is, and how it is a military camp, etc etc... the people that say that kind of stuff here, or on officer.com are all frail little man-children. Compared to a lot of other LE academies nationwide, we all have it pretty easy as far as marching, inspections, physical standards, etc goes.

everybody has their own rooms, some rooms are nicer than others. the "crack house" buildings share a bathroom, and are a lot older than other dorms. They are however right next to class, close to chow, the bar, and the gym. the other dorms like the taj, and the newly constructed dorms are all nicer and have their own bathrooms, but they are further away from everything. The new buildings are about a 10 minute walk away from a lot of stuff, whereas the taj is a shuttle ride away from everything, it is clear across the grounds.

if you get the crack houses you may/may not have a cbp room mate. I didn't have one when i got here, then I had a nice gentleman from BOP as a roomie for 3 weeks (just kidding, not nice at all, these guys are clowns sometimes). worry less about where you will be and how the academy will be, and more on staying in shape and getting yourself squared away if you aren't already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dictator09 View Post
            OPM denied my selective service waiver, even tough , I have sent a dozen of documents that prove why I didn't register. What is my recourse to their decision? Please, PM me, any suggestion or help ...

thanks guys...
            What was the reason was for not registering?
            CBPO
            TO - 05/08 JFK
            EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinorange View Post

first off: not very military, there is drill and ceremony (marching, formation, etc). there are inspections during drill and ceremony, they don't have any actual consequences.
              That is correct. And people figure it out real quick.
              CBPO
              TO - 05/08 JFK
              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Iczer5 View Post
                I got the call today!!! FLETC from Jul 16 - Nov 20. See you there!!!!
                Congrats! If ya don't mind when you get a chance could you post your timeline?
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Between 70 to 100 people

Comment

• Originally posted by Javier_Zalez View Post
                    I have a goatee and I took my VBT/SI with it today. Still don't know, but hopefully I passed. I don't think they care much about that, as long as it's trimmed and in place. When I did my BPA SI I had a goatee as well and I passed it.
                    Well if you made it to the SI, that's a good indication you passed the VBT. I'm nervous about the VBT but ready for the SI.

Comment

• Originally posted by penguinorange View Post

first off: not very military, there is drill and ceremony (marching, formation, etc). there are inspections during drill and ceremony, they don't have any actual consequences. Your ORT instructors may get on you more than your regular supervisors for class. ALLEGEDLY (so don't jump on me), there is to be marching from class to class in the near future according to my supervisor. take that with a grain of salt, it was supposed to have been something that was just negotiated, but no word on how it'll work quite yet. A lot of people here complain about how "strict" everything is, and how it is a military camp, etc etc... the people that say that kind of stuff here, or on officer.com are all frail little man-children. Compared to a lot of other LE academies nationwide, we all have it pretty easy as far as marching, inspections, physical standards, etc goes.

everybody has their own rooms, some rooms are nicer than others. the "crack house" buildings share a bathroom, and are a lot older than other dorms. They are however right next to class, close to chow, the bar, and the gym. the other dorms like the taj, and the newly constructed dorms are all nicer and have their own bathrooms, but they are further away from everything. The new buildings are about a 10 minute walk away from a lot of stuff, whereas the taj is a shuttle ride away from everything, it is clear across the grounds.

if you get the crack houses you may/may not have a cbp room mate. I didn't have one when i got here, then I had a nice gentleman from BOP as a roomie for 3 weeks (just kidding, not nice at all, these guys are clowns sometimes). worry less about where you will be and how the academy will be, and more on staying in shape and getting yourself squared away if you aren't already.

Wow! That's some good info! I really appreciate the response. Thank you
                      Geo:SWB
                      CBPO Exam:08/2/11
                      TSl 1 & 2: 11/14/11 & 11/25/11
                      Medical & Pft1:12/10/11 Passed
                      VBT/SI: 5/10/12 Passed
                      Drug Test: 7/12/12 Passed
                      Qual: (GS-7) Cleared 8/12/12
                      Poly 1 & 2: 9/26/12 & 11/8/12 Passed
                      BI: Met investigator on 12/6 Complete on 3/26/13
                      TSU: 3/28/13
                      EOD: 8/12/13 (Brownsville, TX)
                      FLETC: 9/13/13

Comment

• Originally posted by lmbb View Post
                        Congrats. The good thing is you get to stay at home too. That was my first option in 2008 but by now I changed it to SWB. Still waiting on BI.....Good Luck
                        Thanks, but no, I'm not staying at home by any stretch of the imagination. I wish I was, but I'm not. I'm moving from one corner of the country to the other for this job (Fort Lauderdale to upstate Maine would be one hell of a commute, unless superpowers were a real thing and I would be The Flash).
                        CBP written test Miami, FL
                        11/10/2007
                        NOR letter 01/16/2008
                        VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                        Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                        Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                        9/4/2009
                        Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                        drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                        TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                        never got first)
                        qualifications completed
                        BI interview 9/30/2009
                        BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                        poly: Mar 2011
                        updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                        BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Who else is going to be at FLETC around Jul 16 - Nov 20?
                          CBP written test Miami, FL
                          11/10/2007
                          NOR letter 01/16/2008
                          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                          9/4/2009
                          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                          never got first)
                          qualifications completed
                          BI interview 9/30/2009
                          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                          poly: Mar 2011
                          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• I tested in Chicago in July 2011,82 no vet preferences SWB GS -7,BI and drug test are still pending on CASS and just recently was contacted regarding to schedule a poly.

Comment

• Would anyone on this forum who's ectualy been through the process and got hired tell me how it works when you come to your duty station from an other state,I'm from IL and have to go ( in case I get hired) to SWB,where do new recruits live ,does CBP provide accommodation or you have to find it on your own,how do they get to work,please share your experience I'm trying to get an idea how it works at the very beginning

Comment

• Americoza, can you post your timeline please? I got the same score as you.
                                CBPO
                                Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
                                NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
                                TSL1- 5/25/12
                                TSL2 - 5/30/12
                                e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
                                Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
                                PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
                                VBT -
                                S.I. -
                                Medical - 7/13/12
                                Drug Test -
                                B.I. - In Security Office
                                PFT2 -
                                EOD -
                                $$$

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5472 users online. 302 members and 5170 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X