X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • miramarnelson
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Gabbanelli911
    My choice of POE is anything in Arizona. I applied in March 2008 and I just had my background done on 07/23/08
    Congratulations! I'm happy some people getting the call, so much for waiting for next year's budget, I think if they really want you they would hire you quick. You think LE backgroung and military background have the upper hand in getting hired?

Comment

• GitmoVet
      Forum Member
      • May 2008

I got a message last night from the DHS Medical screening saying that they sent me a medical self assesment form because my last one expired. They also said I was being expedited through hiring so I should send it back ASAP. Problem is I don't know which agency is asking, as I have apps in for three separate DHS agencies. I left a message today and will call again tomorrow. Either way it looks good for having employment soon!
      USSCP
      Faxed App 7/28/10
      Received notice of testing 8/28/2010
      Test Scheduled 9/9/2010

Comment

• cargo82
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Dfly123
        Got some news for anybody who has applied for Miami, 7 out of 8 new hires that started just this week at Miami airport havent had their BI's done yet, so since MIA is pretty short handed I was told by the training dept, that they are basically just "shot-gunning" people through the process. Just a little FYI for those waiting for Miami, not to sure about other ports.
        Good to hear. I applied back in march everything is complete including my background, they are only waiting for a letter from my orthorpedic doctor that clears up a minor knee injury. Also, do you know if the people selected for the airport and seaport do the pre academy training in the same place?

Comment

• ladyta18
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Dfly123
          Got some news for anybody who has applied for Miami, 7 out of 8 new hires that started just this week at Miami airport havent had their BI's done yet, so since MIA is pretty short handed I was told by the training dept, that they are basically just "shot-gunning" people through the process. Just a little FYI for those waiting for Miami, not to sure about other ports.
          Thank you for the heads up. Hopefully I will be getting "The Call" soo

Customs & Border Protection Officer

Tested: Nov 07
          T.O: Feb 08
          Pre-Employment Forms: Completed 05/08
          Qualifications: Completed 05/08
          Medical:Completed 04/08
          Structured Interview: Completed 05/08
          Drug Screening: Completed 04/08
          Background Investigaton: Pending (Met with BI 6/06/08; Sent to Adjudicator 07/29/08)
          Fitness: Completed 04/08

Comment

• wickedrr
            Forum Member
            • Mar 2008

I received my pre employment forms on 8-16. When I was filling them out last night I realized the deadline was last night. I rushed through everything doing the best I could and went to a 24-hour mailing locations JUST in time. When I returned home I found paper that said to disregard that date and that you have 7 days. The problem is I mailed the packet w/o my fingerprint cards because today was the first day I could get an appt. I'm planning on mailing them today with a note. Do you think that will fly? Also, like I said these haven't even been accepted and I received a letter to go to an oral interview I thought that was usually after this other stuff? Last question, for those of you that had work experience only, was it pretty significant I've been a carpenter for 11 years.
            Tested--07/12/2008-passed
            pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
            oral board--08/29/2008--passed
            medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
            drug test--09/03/2008--passed
            background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
            qualifications--completed
            referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
            EOD 10/20--

Comment

• rob104
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2008

So what's next ?

I called the medical dept. on Wed. and was told that I have medical clearance as of 8/18. However, CASS still says pending. So I called scheduling yesterday to inquire about my status. I was told that I had to take another fitness test. So does everyone take a second fitness test before being offered the position? After I successfully complete my second fitness test what is the time-line for the "call" from scheduling ? Oh, I have clearance for everything else in CASS.
              Last edited by rob104; 08-22-2008, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• Bluewave
                Forum Member
                • Jun 2008

Any Honor Guards on here?
                Honor to the End

Comment

• sap123
                  Forum Member
                  • Aug 2008

Originally posted by wickedrr
                  I received my pre employment forms on 8-16. When I was filling them out last night I realized the deadline was last night. I rushed through everything doing the best I could and went to a 24-hour mailing locations JUST in time. When I returned home I found paper that said to disregard that date and that you have 7 days. The problem is I mailed the packet w/o my fingerprint cards because today was the first day I could get an appt. I'm planning on mailing them today with a note. Do you think that will fly? Also, like I said these haven't even been accepted and I received a letter to go to an oral interview I thought that was usually after this other stuff? Last question, for those of you that had work experience only, was it pretty significant I've been a carpenter for 11 years.
                  I don't think it's a huge deal. Just make sure to put the pertinent information to go along with your fingerprint card (i.e. Name, BP ID or social security #) and I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't take it. As long as all of the information gets there before the deadline. Even then, they will send you an official letter if anything is missing (I missed a signature somewhere doing the paperwork and they sent a letter saying I had so many days to file it with them). No biggie.
                  "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

• Gabbanelli911
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2008

I spoke with Casey today at 6am and she offered me a position as a CBP officer. I immediately accepted it. My report date will be on Sept. 8th and I go to FLETC on Oct. 8th!!!

CASS still shows my background investigation as pending. Casey told me that it was already cleared but that sometimes CASS is a little bit slow.

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
                      Forum Member
                      • Jan 2002

I spoke with Casey today at 6am and she offered me a position as a CBP officer. I immediately accepted it. My report date will be on Sept. 8th and I go to FLETC on Oct. 8th!!!

CASS still shows my background investigation as pending. Casey told me that it was already cleared but that sometimes CASS is a little bit slow.
                      Congrats! Did you get the location you wanted?

Comment

• ynagics
                        Forum Member
                        • Feb 2008

Wow, would CBP start 2 classes only 6 days apart?? I start on the 2nd and you start on the 8th...interesting

Comment

• wickedrr
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2008

So I've gotten all my information in by the deadline, but am still worried about having enough work experience. I've been a carpenter for 11 years leading a crew, big machinery etc. and I have many trap shooting awards and a ccw. What do you think?? Any other non-degree applicants?
                          Tested--07/12/2008-passed
                          pre-employment papers--08/22/2008-completed
                          oral board--08/29/2008--passed
                          medical/fitness--09/02/2008--passed
                          drug test--09/03/2008--passed
                          background investigation--09/18/2008--complete
                          qualifications--completed
                          referred to TSU--9/26/08--completed
                          EOD 10/20--

Comment

• audi0xpl0de
                            Forum Member
                            • Jan 2002

Originally posted by wickedrr
                            So I've gotten all my information in by the deadline, but am still worried about having enough work experience. I've been a carpenter for 11 years leading a crew, big machinery etc. and I have many trap shooting awards and a ccw. What do you think?? Any other non-degree applicants?
                            Did you take the test and receive a TO?

Comment

• merlin436
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ynagics
                              Wow, would CBP start 2 classes only 6 days apart?? I start on the 2nd and you start on the 8th...interesting
                              CBP has started 2 classes on the same day...many times. They've also combined what would roughly be 2 classes of trainees into one 'mega class' at least once.

It all depends on the needs of the service. Two classes a week was roughly the norm in late 03-04.

Starting 6 days apart does seem odd though. Maybe one of you is including a travel day as academy time while the other is not?

Comment

• bronze01
                                Forum Member
                                • Apr 2008

mi562

Originally posted by kiddie789
                                Second that!
                                Third That!

However, nice to see mi562 knows what country he lives in.

Every Academy class will have a mi562, those types will even be at your POE.

Diversity....FORCED to love it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11887 users online. 65 members and 11822 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...