Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by taskmaster16 View Post
    Hello all,

I am new to the board and would like to give my congrats to all that are in the hiring process right now. I myself am in the process and have heard back from CBP that my VBT is next week. Can anyone help me out by what type of questions they may ask or how to possibly prepare for such an interview. I would greatly appreciate it. My location is set for swb an received a letter as soon as I switched over to that location. My score was an 89. Thanks again in advance and good luck to you guys and gals.
    there is no way to prepare for the VBT, they will have different scenarios that YOU hve to say how you would react if you where there. so even if i tell you what i saw, you might not be ready.

Lets say you work at a Retail store at the mall and a customer walks in all mad because the item she bought was damage, and she starts yelling, what would you do? hit her in the face? NO, you would try to calm her down and explain the return policy and all that good stuff. Remember that at CBPO you are representing AMERICA so if you are in an Airport trying to let an important diplomat into the country and you are rude, guess who is to blame the US because they dont train their Officer properly.. ect ect.. When i was in Deployed to Africa the Embassy told us not to offer nothing to the locals because if we did not give them what we offer it was THE U.S. ARMY and AMERICA that did not gave us what they said and it can start an international incident ect, so is the Same mentality. hope this helps
    CBPO:
    GEO Pref: SWB
    App Date: 19 MAR 2012
    Written Exam: 30 MAR 2012
    NOR: 5 APR 2012 Rating 90 w/VP
    TSL submitted: 27 APR 2012
    E-Qip submitted: 1 May 2012
    PFT1: 30 May 2012 Pass
    Med:11 June 2012
    BI: In Security Office
    VBT/SI: Pending
    Drug Test: Pending
    Referred to Schedule EOD: Pending
    Call Rec: Pending
    PFT2: Pending
    EOD: Pending
    FLETC: Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
      Congrats to all who got their TSL,

I was wondering, would there be a reason why I wouldnt receive my TSL?? I would like to say I took the test on the March 26 but im not sure. I received my first nor on April 6, then I switched to the SWB and got the new NOR on 23 April. I scored a 91.
      I got my NOR on 5 APR, and my TSL on the 27, if you see 22 days, you got your NOR on the 20th so give it at least until the 15 of May.
      CBPO:

Comment

• Don't be sweating over you VBT and SI ,use common sense and you will be fine they are not expecting youth know the immigration law or certain procedures.
        No one will tell you what exactly VBT consist of since everyone signed under notdisclosing policy.

Comment

• So it looks like it might be the end of the road for me. I received several phone calls from MHC yesterday about them having sent me emails with forms I need to fill out and fax back to them.
          Today, I get another phone call. Another form is missing or expired. This time its the "Retirement Eligibility Verification" form again. I turned 37 in November and have no vet points, nor Federal employment. I replied to the HR assistant's email asking her what the deal was, told her I was eligible when I was first referred to TSU 2009 (at the time, I was 35). At the time I was told even if I turn 37 as long as I was referred to TSU before my 37th birthday, I will remain eligible.

If I don't meet the retirement crap by 7 months, can I still get hired just not qualify for the retirement package or does this mean that I'm [email protected]#$ out of luck and can forget becoming a CBPO?
          CBP written test Miami, FL
          11/10/2007
          NOR letter 01/16/2008
          VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
          Forms 6/2/2009 completed
          Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
          9/4/2009
          Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
          drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
          TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
          never got first)
          qualifications completed
          BI interview 9/30/2009
          BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
          poly: Mar 2011
          updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
          BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• How long does the VBT and SI take?

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
              So it looks like it might be the end of the road for me. I received several phone calls from MHC yesterday about them having sent me emails with forms I need to fill out and fax back to them.
              Today, I get another phone call. Another form is missing or expired. This time its the "Retirement Eligibility Verification" form again. I turned 37 in November and have no vet points, nor Federal employment. I replied to the HR assistant's email asking her what the deal was, told her I was eligible when I was first referred to TSU 2009 (at the time, I was 35). At the time I was told even if I turn 37 as long as I was referred to TSU before my 37th birthday, I will remain eligible.

If I don't meet the retirement crap by 7 months, can I still get hired just not qualify for the retirement package or does this mean that I'm [email protected]#$ out of luck and can forget becoming a CBPO?
              The only people that can answer this question is the HR folks up there in DHS. so give them a call and plead your case.
              CBPO:

Comment

• Hey guys, my VBT letter says that the "VBT is considered the structured interview for this position." does that mean I'll have no interview with CBPOs? I'll only have a VBT?
                "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by future007 View Post
                  How long does the VBT and SI take?
                  Something I'd also like to know...
                  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                    Hey guys, my VBT letter says that the "VBT is considered the structured interview for this position." does that mean I'll have no interview with CBPOs? I'll only have a VBT?
                    Mine said the same, I was specifically told that I would only have a VBT when I called MHC and yet I still went through the structured interview. I think it may depend on whether they have supervisors on hand to immediately review your VBT which in my case, they did.

Comment

Something I'd also like to know...
                      I think the whole process (VBT and SI) took 3 or 4 hours for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                        I hope the actual structured interview or VBT doesn't last that long. I think he meant each event, like the VBT takes... and the SI takes...

Comment

Mine said the same, I was specifically told that I would only have a VBT when I called MHC and yet I still went through the structured interview. I think it may depend on whether they have supervisors on hand to immediately review your VBT which in my case, they did.
                          Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Awesome. I have the VBT at 7 30am. I have work at 2 00pm. Think I'll make it? If anything I can call in and say I'm coming in an hour or so late, they don't mind. I just want to know.

Comment

Awesome. I have the VBT at 7 30am. I have work at 2 00pm. Think I'll make it? If anything I can call in and say I'm coming in an hour or so late, they don't mind. I just want to know.
                              4 hours makes it 1130, I think you'll be good depending on how far your VBT site is away from work.

Comment

• So, looks like they're honoring their word and I'm still eligible (based on first referral to TSU date before turning 35). Just checked CASS and my second BI just cleared so everything is green again except for the "Forms". I ran last night and my time was sucky so I'll be running from now until the last green check in CASS and The Call.
                                CBP written test Miami, FL
                                11/10/2007
                                NOR letter 01/16/2008
                                VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                                Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                                Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                                9/4/2009
                                Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                                drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                                TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                                never got first)
                                qualifications completed
                                BI interview 9/30/2009
                                BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                                poly: Mar 2011
                                updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                                BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7604 users online. 366 members and 7238 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X