300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
    I was wondering, would there be a reason why I wouldnt receive my TSL?? I would like to say I took the test on the March 26 but im not sure. I received my first nor on April 6, then I switched to the SWB and got the new NOR on 23 April. I scored a 91.
    Sick of being a Army Grunt,

I'm not sure why you haven't received a tsl; keep your head up though since I'm sure (from what I gathered on this forum) that they go by NOR score order (highest to lowest). Since you have a high enough score you should expect to be receiving one sooner or later, hopefully sooner!

As for me, I'm just glad those who tested around the same time frame as me are starting to get tsl's..... let the "every 5 minutes of email inbox checking begin".... lol.
    Customs & Border Protection - Officer
    Written Test: 3/26/2012 (Pass)
    NOR: 4/2/2012
    GEO: SWB
    TSL: ?

Los Angeles Sheriff's Department - Deputy Sheriff Trainee
    Written Test: 3/8/2012 (Pass)
    Oral Board: 4/14/2012 (Pass)
    B.I. Packet: 5/8/2012
    B.I Appointment: 10/23/2012
    Polygraph: 10/29/2012

Los Angeles Police Department
    Written Test: 6/12/2012 (Pass)
    B.I. Packet: 8/1/2012 (Rescheduled for future date)

Comment

• How extensive are the background checks other than possible crimal history, maybe driving record and past employers? What else do they look into?
      CBPO
      Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
      NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
      TSL1- 5/25/12
      TSL2 - 5/30/12
      e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
      Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
      PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
      VBT -
      S.I. -
      Medical - 7/13/12
      Drug Test -
      B.I. - In Security Office
      PFT2 -
      EOD -
      $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
        How extensive are the background checks other than possible crimal history, maybe driving record and past employers? What else do they look into?
        Acquaintances, foreign contacts, associations, dope use, finances, moles on your rear end, former residences, schools, and pretty much anything else.
        Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drifting View Post
          Acquaintances, foreign contacts, associations, dope use, finances, moles on your rear end, former residences, schools, and pretty much anything else.
          moles on the rear huh? Just don't drop your pants when you go in for the BI. You might get a few weird looks, lol! :P

But as Drifting said, pretty much EVERYTHING. By the end of the investigation, they probably know you better than you know yourself.
          Customs & Border Protection - Officer
          Written Test: 3/26/2012 (Pass)
          NOR: 4/2/2012
          GEO: SWB
          TSL: ?

Los Angeles Sheriff's Department - Deputy Sheriff Trainee
          Written Test: 3/8/2012 (Pass)
          Oral Board: 4/14/2012 (Pass)
          B.I. Packet: 5/8/2012
          B.I Appointment: 10/23/2012
          Polygraph: 10/29/2012

Los Angeles Police Department
          Written Test: 6/12/2012 (Pass)
          B.I. Packet: 8/1/2012 (Rescheduled for future date)

Comment

• Anyone know the odds of actually getting the geo that I asked for? Will I most likely be sent somewhere else? I'm used to the Army, where they say you go where we need you. Also, to others that have been through the process, what's the shortest time frame to be hired? I know the waiting time line can be really long. Reason I ask is I am on a defense contract right now.

CBPO
            GEO: Los Angeles, CA
            Test: 10/2011
            NOR: 11/2011 (105-with vet pref.)
            TO: 11/2011
            Eqip: 11/2011
            BI: 11/11 (In security office)
            PFT1: 11/2011 (Passed)
            VBT / SI: 1/12 (Passed)
            Medical: 3/2012 (cleared)
            Poly:
            Drug Test:
            PFT2:
            EOD:

Comment

• Originally posted by APSigma View Post
              Sick of being a Army Grunt,

I'm not sure why you haven't received a tsl; keep your head up though since I'm sure (from what I gathered on this forum) that they go by NOR score order (highest to lowest). Since you have a high enough score you should expect to be receiving one sooner or later, hopefully sooner!

As for me, I'm just glad those who tested around the same time frame as me are starting to get tsl's..... let the "every 5 minutes of email inbox checking begin".... lol.

I just found out that I took the test on 2 April, so a week behind you guys....... I suppose that since you all got your tsl last week, I should be receiving this coming week.
              Test -02 April 2012
              NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
              TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
              Qualifications - (Pending)
              PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
              VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
              Drug Test - (pending)
              Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
              B.I. - In security office
              Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
              PFT2 -
              EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• thanks for the input, my main question is though would I be considered for other GEO's or most likely I should just change to SWB?
                CBPO
                App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Well, that didn't take long. I've had access to E-QIP for one day and I already messed it up. The funny part is I have over 5 years experience with E-QIP and doing investigations. I noticed a few misspelled words after I made it to the release page, so now I have to wait for it to be reset so I can go back in there and fix the silly mistakes I made.

I emailed them so I hope to hear back by the beginning of next week. It's no big deal since I'm still waiting on my applicant ID number to come via email so that I can upload my forms with the E-QIP. Everyone make sure you proof-read everything before you verify your answers.
                  CBPO:
                  Test Date: 3/26/2012
                  NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                  NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                  TSL: 4/27/2012
                  PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                  Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                  VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                  Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                  Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• I take my written test tomorrow! Seems like I got a long road ahead of me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drop Shot View Post
                      I take my written test tomorrow! Seems like I got a long road ahead of me.
                      Yes you do my friend. LOL It's a long process.
                      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Almost out of the army!

Just passed my drug test!! Just need to send in my DD214! I started all this in October of 2011. Up next is P.T. test #2
                        Geo:Texas CBPO Exam:10/11
                        Medical & Pft1:12/22/11 Passed
                        Met BI:4/12
                        VBT/SI:01/26/12 Passed
                        Drug Test:04/26/12 Passed
                        Qual:cleared 04/12
                        PFT2:05/23/12 Passed
                        EOD:06/18/12
                        FLETC:7/16/12

Comment

• Originally posted by Iczer5 View Post
                          Just passed my drug test!! Just need to send in my DD214! I started all this in October of 2011. Up next is P.T. test #2
                          Hooah!!!

Comment

• Anyone knows the records for the PFT2?
                            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Ok to answer some above questions,

-ALL wait times will be AT LEAST 8 months to a year, and from there up to about 5 yrs for somewhere like the midwest.
                              -background checks and minimum take 6 months. don't expect anything sooner.
                              -STOP CALLING and bugging HR about your processing, it won't help you move any faster, you get the call when they are ready for you.
                              -if you change your location to SWB because the process is faster, then make sure you keep in mind why they constantly need people (VERY high turn rover rate) a lot of people move out there thinking they can handle it because they want the job so bad, and don't even last 6 months.---in my opinion the swb is for the young, flexible, officers with no family such as kids and wife/husband, and/or for people who already used to desert living. however, if you want to change it to the swb, i suggest you visit first.
                              -if you want to be in shape by the time you have pft1/2 and academy, you need to be in shape the DAY YOU APPLY, otherwise you will either not pass your pft, or just barely pass and suffer through academy...and trust me, somewhere like going to FLETC is not somewhere you want to go being out of shape.

Comment

• Does anyone know anything about the 6 week spanish course? Is it hard or do they work with you to pass the test? Just wondering

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7350 users online. 339 members and 7011 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X