300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by afftont View Post
    Just got my TSL this morning, too. Looks like a bunch are being sent out today.

My timeline so far for anyone that cares:

Test Date: 3/26/2012
    NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
    NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
    TSL: 4/27/2012
    Hello everyone! I'm new to the boards and finally was granted permission to post. I've read this whole thread and I'm really excited to see TSL's going out. Oh and my timeline is as follows for those who are curious.

NOR: 4/2/2012: (79 w/o V.P)
    GEO: West Coast
    NOR2: 4/13/2012 (Changed GEO to SWB)
    TSL: ?

@AFFTONT: We have a similar timeline minus the TO/TSL! The only difference is I tested in Los Angeles.
    Last edited by APSigma; 04-27-2012, 02:51 PM.
    Customs & Border Protection - Officer
    Written Test: 3/26/2012 (Pass)
    NOR: 4/2/2012
    GEO: SWB

Los Angeles Sheriff's Department - Deputy Sheriff Trainee
    Written Test: 3/8/2012 (Pass)
    Oral Board: 4/14/2012 (Pass)
    B.I. Packet: 5/8/2012
    B.I Appointment: 10/23/2012
    Polygraph: 10/29/2012

Los Angeles Police Department
    Written Test: 6/12/2012 (Pass)
    B.I. Packet: 8/1/2012 (Rescheduled for future date)

Comment

• Originally posted by chuco915 View Post
      I recently took the CBPO exam on the April 20th in San Diego. I have a feeling that I didn't do well on the arithmetic reasoning . I feel good on the other parts though. Has anyone ever felt the same way about the arithmetic part and still got a good qualifying score?
      Yeah I took the exam over a year ago...I felt strong going in but immediately after I felt like I could have done stronger on the math. My scrap sheet was filled out on both sides with long division, multiplication, etc. I was happy when I found out I scored a 96. It was a very nice surprise.

Comment

• What exactly does it mean when the status states your background information is at the security office?
        GEO: Illinois
        Test: 12/2010
        NOR: 1/2011 (99%-no vet pref.)
        PreEmploy Forms: 11/27/2012
        FT1: 2/20/2012
        Equip: 3/29/2012
        VBT / SI: 05/07/2012
        BI:11/22/2012
        Medical: 3/14/2012
        Poly: 10/18/2012
        Drug Test: Not Scheduled
        PFT2:

Comment

• To All, Why do you want to become a CBPO?
          CBPO
          Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
          NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
          TSL1- 5/25/12
          TSL2 - 5/30/12
          e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
          Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
          PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
          VBT -
          S.I. -
          Medical - 7/13/12
          Drug Test -
          B.I. - In Security Office
          PFT2 -
          EOD -
          $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetwosix View Post
            What exactly does it mean when the status states your background information is at the security office?
            Nothing at all.
            Gek.

Comment

• Very happy to see people get TO's. I got a 77 on the test hopefully I get my TO soon but how long of a wait do you think I have?

Thanks.
              TSL 1 & 2: 4/5/13 & 5/1/13
              Medical & PFT-1: 4/17/13 Passed
              VBT/SI: 6/17/13 Passed
              Qual: (GS-5) Cleared
              Drug Test: Pending
              BI: In security office
              Poly: Pending
              TSU: Pending

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
                To All, Why do you want to become a CBPO?
                Hmmm... lets see... rewarding career in the Federal sector of law enforcement; endless personal/career opportunities; ability to contribute a part in defending/protecting our great country. These are just only a few things I can think of at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                  Hi, I am not headed to AZ but i am in the same situation moving to another state and out of my comfort zone. i feel that all ports will be the same in sticking together...my friend works here in florida at the port of miami and they are close knit...then again once you leave work in florida you are home in 5 minutes because we just have a lot of neighboring cities all over. regarding the poly, my tester told me right then and there if it was good and things that they were questionable on they retested me for it before i left. for instance i held my breath for one of the answers because i was falling asleep lol, so there was no reading at all so i had to restest for that. So you will be fine. I wish you all the best and let me know how you like it when you get to your port someday.
                  Shaniajam, sorry I'm new to this I'm not sure how to respond, but yea my tester said he feels I passed but ultimately it comes down to the decision of CBp if they want to bounce me or make me retest, so we'll see. I'm assuming it would take about 4 weeks to hear back from them. Also, how did you find out that you passed (regarding to your timeline)? Also, thanks for the heads up on living conditions, and good luck to you on your run, I know what it is like, just keep chuggin along!!! no other way but just do it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gisey_1982 View Post
                    Hello guys and gals,

I also received a CBPO Tentative Selection for the SWB
                    Hey Gisey, congrats! Would you mind telling the board what NOR score you received?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                      Hey Midwest, I've never been to AZ but that's my Geo and I've done some research and you don't have to live in the same town as the port. Nogales is pretty close to Tuscon(1 hour drive) I heard most CBPO live there, San Luis is a half hour from Yuma which is a pretty big city. Douglas also has a city nearby (can't remember the name of the city). So you don't have to live in the boondocks. I'm from NY and I'm well aware that even though these ports have bigger city's close by that it still will be a huge change for me. I can't help you with wait time for poly results, I've heard if you get no response then that's a good thing. I think though if all goes well with your poly then you will probably be given an interim clearance and be contacted soon. Which is good news for you! If you dont mind what's your timeline like? You had to have tested awhile back if you have AZ as your geo and not the whole SWB.
                      Hey thank you sir/maam! I was just wondering, seeing if ppl are "cool" with one another, since we'd all be in the same boat, as in "out of towners!" Anyways, I'm just thinking ahead right now. Yes I took written on 12/10, met with BI i think June 2011 and PFT1, VBT mid July 2011, Drug test in AUg 2011, then recently was my poly. That's why I'm asking if anyone would roughly know how long unitil the polygraph review teams receives your report, how long it takes for them to get back to you, and what the next step may possibly be if you DO pass?
                      Last edited by Midwest24; 04-27-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                        please dont take it the wrong way...every opinion matters. i think that CMU is trying to make you understand that i am starting from the basics and i have to push my own self so he is just trying to find the easiest way for me to keep my eye on the prize. you would think that it would be easier the second time around, but i hang on the fear that i didnt do good the last time and i could have pushed myself harder but i didnt. i didnt even tell anyone that i got a second chance because if i fail i want it to be to myself and thats how scarred i am. so dont take this the wrong way i just need advise as to how to make it work this time.
                        I understand. And don't worry, I'm not taking it the wrong way. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I hope you do great whatever you decide to do. Just make sure you do it to the best of your abilities and don't get injured. And make sure, whether it's after 2 days or 2 weeks you feel like you're at your prime when you take the exam! Not many of us get second chances like this. Consider yourself blessed.
                        "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

Congrats!
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

Congratulations. Maybe I should change my Geo to SW Border...
                            Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by APSigma View Post
                              Hey Gisey, congrats! Would you mind telling the board what NOR score you received?
                              Thank you very much. Of course, I got a 97. Also, at about 1530 I received the e-mail with the eQuip link to complete the SF-86. Since I already had an eQuip filled out with OPM I have already finished and submitted it. Seems like things are starting to pick up. Maybe it's because I opted to change my GEO to SWB. Well congratulations everyone. It seems to me, that the smartest thing to do is to go ahead and take one for the team and head to the SWB. I am a Miami gal who is currently living in NYC and the SWB is no joke (Stationed at Ft Bliss for 6 years!) But it can be all right... Get your foot in the door, rack up as much experience as one can and fortify that resume and FED LEO standing. I am excited for all of us

Comment

• Congrats to all who got their TSL,

I was wondering, would there be a reason why I wouldnt receive my TSL?? I would like to say I took the test on the March 26 but im not sure. I received my first nor on April 6, then I switched to the SWB and got the new NOR on 23 April. I scored a 91.
                                Test -02 April 2012
                                NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                                TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                                Qualifications - (Pending)
                                PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                                VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                                Drug Test - (pending)
                                Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                                B.I. - In security office
                                Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                                PFT2 -
                                EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10764 users online. 515 members and 10249 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X