300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
    What region did you apply for? Your timeline is very similar to mine. (I got the VBT on May 14.)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but there are many people going through the process that applied for both CBPO and BPA. It doesn't seem to interfere at all...
    I originally applied for Southeast but on December 11, I got an email from MHC that majority of new hires are going to be on the SW border so I changed it and I assume things have been moving pretty quick hope stays that way, but as far BP I haven't heard from them at all. I wish you the best luck on your VBT and the whole process!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sprawl23 View Post
      I originally applied for Southeast but on December 11, I got an email from MHC that majority of new hires are going to be on the SW border so I changed it and I assume things have been moving pretty quick hope stays that way, but as far BP I haven't heard from them at all. I wish you the best luck on your VBT and the whole process!
      You too brotha! Maybe we'll see each other at FLETC, you never know. In my opinion, DHS would do good to hire people that stay informed and updated like the ones who read and participate in this forum.
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

Anyone have a similar timeline to mine? Personal message me please!

Test: 9/1/11
        NOR: 9/29/11
        SWB Vacancy announcement email: 12/20/11
        Actual change to SWB: 12/29/11
        TO: 2/16/12
        Pre-employment forms received by MHC: 2/22/12
        Fitness test: 3/14/12
        TSL sent by: 3/29/12
        Medical: 3/28/12
        VBT/SI: 5/14/12

In CASS I have 3 complete (Fitness, medical, and pre-employment forms) and 4 to go (Qualifications, VBT/SI, drug-screening, and BI) Can't wait to see all completes

My timeline is pretty much the same, but my qualifications were checked off and my Pre-employment forms are not checked off. My VBT/SI is on 5/7 ....I'm stoked ! Good Luck to you man !

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
          I'm a former 47 sec quarter miler, I know what I'm talking about. Best of luck to you.
          Speedy Gonzalez, I'm guessing the 220yd sprint is cake for you!

Comment

Even amateur fighters do the same. Anyway, I'm done speaking about the subject. It was my honest opinion. I'm not an expert in exercise; or nutrition for that matter. Only stating what works best for me. If I'm sore as ever I'm not gonna wait only two days for a huge fitness exam. Sometimes it takes me a good 4 or 5 days to heal properly. Again, that's me. You or Shaniajam may feel differently. That's fine. Do whatever works best for you.
            please dont take it the wrong way...every opinion matters. i think that CMU is trying to make you understand that i am starting from the basics and i have to push my own self so he is just trying to find the easiest way for me to keep my eye on the prize. you would think that it would be easier the second time around, but i hang on the fear that i didnt do good the last time and i could have pushed myself harder but i didnt. i didnt even tell anyone that i got a second chance because if i fail i want it to be to myself and thats how scarred i am. so dont take this the wrong way i just need advise as to how to make it work this time.
            CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
            Test: 12/2010
            NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
            TO: 6/7/2011
            PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
            Equip: 6/13/2011
            FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
            VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
            BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
            Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
            Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
            Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
            got the call: 9/20/2011
            PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
            NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
            New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by Midwest24 View Post
              First post here, I've been creeping on this site and reading everyone's post for quite sometime and want to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge of this process, anyway, I'm not sure if I overlooked the answer/educated guess to this situation: It has been 9 months since I met with my BI and I recently called IA to ask my status, they said my polygraph results were JUST received and have been sent for a review to see if I'm suitable or not suitable for hire. Roughly, does anyone know how much longer it would take, on average, for them to review the results after "just receiving the report?" I'm guessing 4 weeks to at least 5 years (slight joke to those of you that lack sarcasm or humor), just by estimating on how the G works.
              Also, another questions is I applied for AZ (I guess anywhere in the state where they need it) how is the living situation down there (besides boring and isolated), are the officers cool with one another, do they live in close communities with each other and look out for one another? How is the camaraderie at the ports there (for the most part), Do the officers get along well on the job also after work? I'm a social person and I'm just wondering how ppl treat each other on and off duty, considering a lot of us are moving along the border towns from across the US, and I just want to know if the officers/BPA kind of "stick together" with the living conditions and hanging out, if you will? If you guys don't know no big deal, I guess that's what the EOD pre-academy is also there for I know this isn't my main concern, but it is a reality that will occur. It's all well and good to work, but what you going to do after work or on your days off? You have to make the best of it, I suppose.
              Hi, I am not headed to AZ but i am in the same situation moving to another state and out of my comfort zone. i feel that all ports will be the same in sticking together...my friend works here in florida at the port of miami and they are close knit...then again once you leave work in florida you are home in 5 minutes because we just have a lot of neighboring cities all over. regarding the poly, my tester told me right then and there if it was good and things that they were questionable on they retested me for it before i left. for instance i held my breath for one of the answers because i was falling asleep lol, so there was no reading at all so i had to restest for that. So you will be fine. I wish you all the best and let me know how you like it when you get to your port someday.
              CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
              Test: 12/2010
              NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
              TO: 6/7/2011
              PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
              Equip: 6/13/2011
              FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
              VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
              BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
              Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
              Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
              Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
              got the call: 9/20/2011
              PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
              NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
              New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                please dont take it the wrong way...every opinion matters. i think that CMU is trying to make you understand that i am starting from the basics and i have to push my own self so he is just trying to find the easiest way for me to keep my eye on the prize. you would think that it would be easier the second time around, but i hang on the fear that i didnt do good the last time and i could have pushed myself harder but i didnt. i didnt even tell anyone that i got a second chance because if i fail i want it to be to myself and thats how scarred i am. so dont take this the wrong way i just need advise as to how to make it work this time.
                Good thoughts, bring good things! Just train and you will be good. i think been given a second chance you will take advantage of it because you know how much more you have to lose now. I think do agree that you should not run maybe a day or two before the test. although I have been running for awhile I still have ahard time running while im sore and it brings down my run by about 2 minutes. But I know that if you rest and just push yourself you will do fine. Best of luck on the PFT2!

Comment

• hi everyone, new here. been reading the thread for sometime before I was able to post. I just recently took the test in NY, NY for Central East Coast Geo. Scored an 85 w/out vet points.

Although, I put in for Central Eastcoast, is there still the chance to receive an offer from the SWB or other places willing to give a TO? It does not matter to me where I go, not tied down and fine with moving.

thanks good luck to everyone.
                  CBPO
                  App - 3/12, GEO: SWB
                  Test & NORs - 4/12, TSL1/2 - 5/12, E-Qip: 6/12, Quals - GS-7, PFT1 - 6/12, Med - 7/12, VBT/SI - 7/12, BI - 12/27, DT - 12/21, TSU - 12/27/12
                  ** THE CALL 1/31/13, NOGALES, AZ | PRESIDIO,TX | LARADO, TX | COLUMBUS, NM - EOD - 3/18, Academy 4/22-8/22 **

I had to decline, if you need help msg.

NJSP
                  APP - 5/12, PEPP - 7/12, PQT - 8/12, WRITTEN - 10/12, BI - 12/12
                  PEPP II - 2/25/13 - 4/3/13
                  Medical/Pysch - 3/2, 3/3
                  Class 152 - Apr-Oct '13 (hoping)

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                    hi everyone, new here. been reading the thread for sometime before I was able to post. I just recently took the test in NY, NY for Central East Coast Geo. Scored an 85 w/out vet points.

Although, I put in for Central Eastcoast, is there still the chance to receive an offer from the SWB or other places willing to give a TO? It does not matter to me where I go, not tied down and fine with moving.

I say go for the SWB if nothing is tying you down. I don't know if 85 is good enough to guarantee a spot in the Mid Atlantic region. I had a 96 and thought I wasn't going to get one so I changed to the SWB. 5 days later TO's went out for non SWB regions...it is what it is.

Comment

• Hello all,
                      After reading everyone's timelines I thought it was going to be a long process even before getting a TO.

However, I just received an email saying I was tentatively selected for the Southwest location and will be receiving an official selection notification email along with other forms within 5 business days.

My question is: Is this the TO?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Iuckypunk View Post
                        Hello all,
                        After reading everyone's timelines I thought it was going to be a long process even before getting a TO.

However, I just received an email saying I was tentatively selected for the Southwest location and will be receiving an official selection notification email along with other forms within 5 business days.

My question is: Is this the TO?

Thanks
                        Yes, best of luck in the process. TO means tentative offer, TSL means Tentative selection letter, essentially the same thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by breachnclear View Post
                          hi everyone, new here. been reading the thread for sometime before I was able to post. I just recently took the test in NY, NY for Central East Coast Geo. Scored an 85 w/out vet points.

I got a TO with an 84
                          Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                          Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                          TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                          PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                          Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                          VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                          B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                          Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                          Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                          PFT2: ?

Comment

• Hello guys and gals,

Like luckypunk stated, I also received a CBPO Tentative Selection for the SWB. It is also stating that within the next 24 hours I will be receiving an e-mail requiring my attention to initiate my background investigation. I guess things are moving along nicely pergaps. My question to you guys is as follows: For those of you who are at at step firther ahead than us who just took the test, how long after receiving this e-mail do we get slotted for the PFT1? Thank you all And I am excited to hear from the rest of you? I wonder if other people who chose different GEO also received this e-mail?

Comment

• Just got my TSL this morning, too. Looks like a bunch are being sent out today.

My timeline so far for anyone that cares:

Test Date: 3/26/2012
                              NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                              NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                              TSL: 4/27/2012
                              Last edited by afftont; 04-27-2012, 01:24 PM.
                              CBPO:
                              Test Date: 3/26/2012
                              NOR: 4/6/2012 (96 with vet points) West Coast
                              NOR 2: 4/10/2012 Changed to SWB
                              TSL: 4/27/2012
                              PFT 1: 5/24/2012 (Cleared)
                              Medical: 6/12/2012 (Cleared 8/14/12)
                              VBT/SI: 6/25/2012 (Cleared)
                              Quals: 8/16/2012 (GS-5)
                              Poly: 4/30/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Gisey_1982 View Post
                                Hello guys and gals,

Like luckypunk stated, I also received a CBPO Tentative Selection for the SWB. It is also stating that within the next 24 hours I will be receiving an e-mail requiring my attention to initiate my background investigation. I guess things are moving along nicely pergaps. My question to you guys is as follows: For those of you who are at at step firther ahead than us who just took the test, how long after receiving this e-mail do we get slotted for the PFT1? Thank you all And I am excited to hear from the rest of you? I wonder if other people who chose different GEO also received this e-mail?
                                It was about a month I believe. TO was 2/16, PFT1 was 3/15 for me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8445 users online. 382 members and 8063 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X