300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
    Hello all. its been a while since i have been on this thread....when i failed my run last year by only 40 seconds i was devastated and a little depressed. I mean 40 less seconds and i would have been working by now and out of the accademy. but then earlier this month i got a call for a second chance. so my run is coming up again....I had given up on ever getting in so for them to give me another chance has got me going....I have been running like crazy and still dont feel ready. im going to the test site to run there this weekend to train my body for it...moral of my story is if you fail dont give up!!!
    That's great to hear!! You got a second chance now make it work! Good luck and give it your all! I'm sure you will bang it out no problem!
    NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
    Score:9X.XX%
    List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
      I used to enjoy this site, but now everyone is so rude and so quick to insult. I'm over it. I'm sorry I didn't see anything wrong with posting a phone number that I found on a public site.

Best of luck to you all, I'm out.
      Hey lang, I think there was a misunderstanding. I didn't mean to be rude or quick to insult. I do things like that all the time! In fact I'm pretty sure I've posted a number similar to yours on this same forum lol It was all in good humor. Hope you don't hold anything against me. LEOs (or future LEOs) should stick together.
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• I recently took the CBPO exam on the April 20th in San Diego. I have a feeling that I didn't do well on the arithmetic reasoning . I feel good on the other parts though. Has anyone ever felt the same way about the arithmetic part and still got a good qualifying score?

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
          Hello all. its been a while since i have been on this thread....when i failed my run last year by only 40 seconds i was devastated and a little depressed. I mean 40 less seconds and i would have been working by now and out of the accademy. but then earlier this month i got a call for a second chance. so my run is coming up again....I had given up on ever getting in so for them to give me another chance has got me going....I have been running like crazy and still dont feel ready. im going to the test site to run there this weekend to train my body for it...moral of my story is if you fail dont give up!!!
          Make sure you pass with a time of 16 min or less... The academy is not the place to drop running times under the required <15 min 1.5 mile. It is on you, and you alone... If you barely pass your PFT2 you will most likely not pass your final PT test at FLETC, and that will really suck when you get sent home after 17 weeks of training... I've seen it happen, so don't let it be you!
          By now you are familiar with the test, train as if you were taking it...get your body used to PU's, SU's, and then a 1.5 mile run. The sprint takes a bit out of you, but getting used to the routine will help you out.

Best of Luck!
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
            That's good to read....Now listen,

Get to a track, get warmed up and start jogging at a curve. When you get to the straight, sprint and I mean sprint like you only have 1 lap left on your pft2 run with only 60 sec left.

When you get to the next curve, jog slow the entire curve. Next straight, same thing, sprint!

Do this for 1 mile, do a cool down lap and stretch very good. I don't know when you're taking the pft2 again, but no running the day before your exam and pasta 48 hrs before you run. The pft2 will be a piece of cake if you do this.

I'm a former 47 sec quarter miler, I know what I'm talking about. Best of luck to you.
            I wouldn't run at all for at least a week before the exam.
            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by chuco915 View Post
              I recently took the CBPO exam on the April 20th in San Diego. I have a feeling that I didn't do well on the arithmetic reasoning . I feel good on the other parts though. Has anyone ever felt the same way about the arithmetic part and still got a good qualifying score?
              YES. Me.

Comment

• First post here, I've been creeping on this site and reading everyone's post for quite sometime and want to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge of this process, anyway, I'm not sure if I overlooked the answer/educated guess to this situation: It has been 9 months since I met with my BI and I recently called IA to ask my status, they said my polygraph results were JUST received and have been sent for a review to see if I'm suitable or not suitable for hire. Roughly, does anyone know how much longer it would take, on average, for them to review the results after "just receiving the report?" I'm guessing 4 weeks to at least 5 years (slight joke to those of you that lack sarcasm or humor), just by estimating on how the G works.
                Also, another questions is I applied for AZ (I guess anywhere in the state where they need it) how is the living situation down there (besides boring and isolated), are the officers cool with one another, do they live in close communities with each other and look out for one another? How is the camaraderie at the ports there (for the most part), Do the officers get along well on the job also after work? I'm a social person and I'm just wondering how ppl treat each other on and off duty, considering a lot of us are moving along the border towns from across the US, and I just want to know if the officers/BPA kind of "stick together" with the living conditions and hanging out, if you will? If you guys don't know no big deal, I guess that's what the EOD pre-academy is also there for I know this isn't my main concern, but it is a reality that will occur. It's all well and good to work, but what you going to do after work or on your days off? You have to make the best of it, I suppose.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Drifting;3042792]If you start at GS5 step 1, in a year, you will make GS7 step 1. After another year, you will make GS9 step 1. After another year, you will make GS11 step 1. After another year, you will make GS11 step 1. When you make GS12, you will begin to get step increases, if I recall correctly, one step per year.[/QUOTE

I dont' think this was the right statement,anyway it contradicts to what is posted as the starting salary for CBP officer, if it was right the job announcment would state starting salary 27431-33979 but it says 31315-38790

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                    ??? Please explain your reasoning behind this... If there is any
                    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• Originally posted by chuco915 View Post
                      I recently took the CBPO exam on the April 20th in San Diego. I have a feeling that I didn't do well on the arithmetic reasoning . I feel good on the other parts though. Has anyone ever felt the same way about the arithmetic part and still got a good qualifying score?
                      I had that feeling. I scored an 85.
                      CBPO
                      TO:04/01/11
                      EOD: 08/22/11
                      FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                        You lose aerobic capacity after 3 days of inactivity. Perhaps maybe 2 days rest with plenty of stretching in preparation for the 200m would be better.

The thing is, this is her second chance at something that most of us are only going to get one attempt at and she missed it by 40 sec on her first try. The key is for her to get out of her comfort zone and run like she's never ran before. Maybe have someone there to yell and motivate her to push her when she wants to slow down. Now's the time to take off the ipod and get to business.

I should have specified that Shaniajam should lesson the intensity as she gets closer to the test, but not running for an entire week is one of the worst things she could do.

I'm sure she's gonna do fine, there's alot on the line.

Sitting around and not running for a week is a setup for failure and a lifetime of regret. Proper preparation prevents poor performance.
                        Last edited by CMUnupe; 04-26-2012, 07:01 PM.
                        Written Test: 3/08
                        NOR: 4/08
                        TO: 4/08
                        Medical: 4/08
                        Fitness: 6/08
                        VBT: 6/08
                        Met with investigator: 10/08
                        Received NOPA: 11/08
                        Won appeal: 3/09
                        TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                        New fitness: 7/28/09
                        Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

You lose aerobic capacity after 3 days of inactivity. Perhaps maybe 2 days rest with plenty of stretching in preparation for the 200m would be better.

The thing is, this is her second chance at something that most of us are only going to get one attempt at and she missed it by 40 sec on her first try. The key is for her to get out of her comfort zone and run like she's never ran before. Maybe have someone there to yell and motivate her to push her when she wants to slow down. Now's the time to take off the ipod and get to business.

I should have specified that Shaniajam should lesson the intensity as she gets closer to the test, but not running for an entire week is one of the worst things she could do.

I'm sure she's gonna do fine.
                          +1 Couldn't have said it better myself.
                          Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

• im definately gonna try this tomorrow thanks for the support.
                            CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                            Test: 12/2010
                            NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                            TO: 6/7/2011
                            PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                            Equip: 6/13/2011
                            FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                            VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                            BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                            Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                            Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                            Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                            got the call: 9/20/2011
                            PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                            NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                            New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

That's good to read....Now listen,

Get to a track, get warmed up and start jogging at a curve. When you get to the straight, sprint and I mean sprint like you only have 1 lap left on your pft2 run with only 60 sec left.

When you get to the next curve, jog slow the entire curve. Next straight, same thing, sprint!

Do this for 1 mile, do a cool down lap and stretch very good. I don't know when you're taking the pft2 again, but no running the day before your exam and pasta 48 hrs before you run. The pft2 will be a piece of cake if you do this.

I'm a former 47 sec quarter miler, I know what I'm talking about. Best of luck to you.
                              im trying this tomorrow thank you for the support.
                              CBPO

Comment

I'm sure she's gonna do fine, there's alot on the line.

Sitting around and not running for a week is a setup for failure and a lifetime of regret. Proper preparation prevents poor performance.
                                i totally agree...this time around i feel the burn in my feet and i keep going...there is one guy that ran circles around me and everytime i see him at the track, he tells me not to give up. i am not giving up this time...if i fail it is definately on me (though i wish they would have told me earlier i was getting another chance so i would definately be ready) but no time for pity....im gonna push.
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4600 users online. 207 members and 4393 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X