X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
    IA is XXX-XXX-XXXX
    lang2,
    I can appreciate you attempting to be so helpful. But you must realize that this number should not be posted. Please remove it from the public forum and then PM your primary intended destination.
    CBPO
    Exam: 07/11; NOR: 8/11 99 w/Vet Pts; Qualifications: (GS-7 Step 4); T.O: 09/11 (SWB); PFT1: 9/11; Med Cleared: 4/12; VBT/S.I.: 10/11; Drug Test: Passed 6/11; Poly: Passed 12/08/11; BI: Complete 12/28/11, PFT2: Passed 12/12/12, EOD: 12/31/12 San Ysidro

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      my advice to all of you is that:
      If it hasn't been 6 months since you met with your investigator you should not be calling ia!
      You are not only delaying your investigation, but others as well by taking the time off of the adjudicators working on them.
      The complexity and depth of our investigation is not the same as a "secret" for the military or as simple as the one they use for "tsa". This takes time.

Whoever posted the number on this public forum should take it down! There is a reason why this number is not made public for all to call.
      amen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hello,

I'm sure this question was asked before but running through 1218 pages of posts is a little daunting. I took the test recently and i am green to the process with CBP. What is the time frame of hire for NY/NJ area posts? Is there a high turn over there? I know SWB is the spot for quickness but I not really interested in dry heat.

Thanks

Comment

• Is there anyone still waiting for Georgia? When are the next academy confirm start dates? THANKS
          CBPO
          Test: 12/10

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

"If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again." — Aaliyah

Comment

• Thanks Locke03

Do anyone know how exactly you advance on the pay grade?
            Do you move a step every 6 months or how?
            Let say you start day 1 GS-5 step 1 at the academy then how it goes from there.
            Salary Table 2011-GS

Comment

• Woohoo, my background finally went to IA. Guess now I can bother IA every day until my process is finally over (Especially since the number has been posted on here)!! LOL jk On a serious note, somebody take that number down! They need their time to get started on my BI
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Hello all. its been a while since i have been on this thread....when i failed my run last year by only 40 seconds i was devastated and a little depressed. I mean 40 less seconds and i would have been working by now and out of the accademy. but then earlier this month i got a call for a second chance. so my run is coming up again....I had given up on ever getting in so for them to give me another chance has got me going....I have been running like crazy and still dont feel ready. im going to the test site to run there this weekend to train my body for it...moral of my story is if you fail dont give up!!!
                CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                Test: 12/2010
                NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                TO: 6/7/2011
                PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                Equip: 6/13/2011
                FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                got the call: 9/20/2011
                PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                  Hello all. its been a while since i have been on this thread....when i failed my run last year by only 40 seconds i was devastated and a little depressed. I mean 40 less seconds and i would have been working by now and out of the accademy. but then earlier this month i got a call for a second chance. so my run is coming up again....I had given up on ever getting in so for them to give me another chance has got me going....I have been running like crazy and still dont feel ready. im going to the test site to run there this weekend to train my body for it...moral of my story is if you fail dont give up!!!
                  Great story and best of luck to you! Also, I want to stress the importance of food. When it comes to running that's probably the most important thing. Keep AWAY from high fructose corn syrup. If you eat bread, always eat wheat. Don't eat too much meat. Stay away from pork, sea food (besides fish), and red meat.

I don't work out very often. Sometimes not even once a week. However I eat very well. I'm a "pescatarian" (vegetarian that eats fish). However, I used to eat meat. The moment I stopped eating meat I lost about 10 lbs just from my change in diet.

Also don't believe people when they say that you need meat for protein. There's enough protein in beans and legumes. I'm much stronger now then I was when I ate meat. I'm a 145 lbs guy that can bench more than 205. Also I can max 35+ pull ups in one set. Also running is not a problem either. I don't say this to brag, just to explain that you can work out all you want but if you keep feeding your body garbage you are impeding your progress tremendously.

Remember, you are what you eat. Just think healthy, and keep your mind open to trying out new things. For example, Acai is probably the world's best antioxidant. Many people don't know about it and have never tried it. If you have to eat out stay away from fast food. Maybe Subway, Chipotle, or Chicken Kitchen would be a better alternative. Etc. Just think healthy foods! That, together with running at least 4 times a week should be sufficient.
                  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                    Great story and best of luck to you! Also, I want to stress the importance of food. When it comes to running that's probably the most important thing. Keep AWAY from high fructose corn syrup. If you eat bread, always eat wheat. Don't eat too much meat. Stay away from pork, sea food (besides fish), and red meat.

I don't work out very often. Sometimes not even once a week. However I eat very well. I'm a "pescatarian" (vegetarian that eats fish). However, I used to eat meat. The moment I stopped eating meat I lost about 10 lbs just from my change in diet.

Also don't believe people when they say that you need meat for protein. There's enough protein in beans and legumes. I'm much stronger now then I was when I ate meat. I'm a 145 lbs guy that can bench more than 205. Also I can max 35+ pull ups in one set. Also running is not a problem either. I don't say this to brag, just to explain that you can work out all you want but if you keep feeding your body garbage you are impeding your progress tremendously.

Remember, you are what you eat. Just think healthy, and keep your mind open to trying out new things. For example, Acai is probably the world's best antioxidant. Many people don't know about it and have never tried it. If you have to eat out stay away from fast food. Maybe Subway, Chipotle, or Chicken Kitchen would be a better alternative. Etc. Just think healthy foods! That, together with running at least 4 times a week should be sufficient.
                    thanks for the heads up...any advise will help right now....i will start doing that as of today with the eating...tomorrow i am going back to the track and i am trying to breath through my nose and not my mouth...I can do this!!!
                    CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                    Test: 12/2010
                    NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                    TO: 6/7/2011
                    PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                    Equip: 6/13/2011
                    FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                    VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                    BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                    Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                    Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                    Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                    got the call: 9/20/2011
                    PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                    NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                    New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by cloudbuster View Post
                      Thanks Locke03

Do anyone know how exactly you advance on the pay grade?
                      Do you move a step every 6 months or how?
                      Let say you start day 1 GS-5 step 1 at the academy then how it goes from there.
                      Salary Table 2011-GS
                      If you start at GS5 step 1, in a year, you will make GS7 step 1. After another year, you will make GS9 step 1. After another year, you will make GS11 step 1. After another year, you will make GS11 step 1. When you make GS12, you will begin to get step increases, if I recall correctly, one step per year.
                      Gek.

Comment

thanks for the heads up...any advise will help right now....i will start doing that as of today with the eating...tomorrow i am going back to the track and i am trying to breath through my nose and not my mouth...I can do this!!!
                        Best of luck to you

Comment

Yay! Good luck!
                          Test - 08/01/11
                          NOR- 08/30/11 (92)
                          TSL1- 9/21/11
                          TSL2 - 9/21/11
                          Qualifications - GS-7
                          PFT1 - 9/23/11
                          VBT & S.I. - 10/17/11
                          Drug Test - 11/3/11 (approximately)
                          B.I. - Cleared 4/17/12
                          PFT2 - 5/4/12
                          EOD - 5/29/12 - San Ysidro, CA

Comment

Hello all. its been a while since i have been on this thread....when i failed my run last year by only 40 seconds i was devastated and a little depressed. I mean 40 less seconds and i would have been working by now and out of the accademy. but then earlier this month i got a call for a second chance. so my run is coming up again....I had given up on ever getting in so for them to give me another chance has got me going....I have been running like crazy and still dont feel ready. im going to the test site to run there this weekend to train my body for it...moral of my story is if you fail dont give up!!!
                            You have been given a second chance so take full advantage of it. It's time for an intestinal fortitude check. Remember, pain is only weakness leaving the body. Good luck.

Comment

• I used to enjoy this site, but now everyone is so rude and so quick to insult. I'm over it. I'm sorry I didn't see anything wrong with posting a phone number that I found on a public site.

Best of luck to you all, I'm out.
                              GEO: Midwest
                              Written Exam: 12/10/10
                              NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                              TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                              VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                              PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                              Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                              BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                              Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                              Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                              Polygraph: 5/11/12
                              Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                              Met with BI: 7/27/12
                              Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                              PFT2: 9/4/12
                              EOD: 9/24/12
                              FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

That's good to read....Now listen,

Get to a track, get warmed up and start jogging at a curve. When you get to the straight, sprint and I mean sprint like you only have 1 lap left on your pft2 run with only 60 sec left.

When you get to the next curve, jog slow the entire curve. Next straight, same thing, sprint!

Do this for 1 mile, do a cool down lap and stretch very good. I don't know when you're taking the pft2 again, but no running the day before your exam and pasta 48 hrs before you run. The pft2 will be a piece of cake if you do this.

I'm a former 47 sec quarter miler, I know what I'm talking about. Best of luck to you.
                                Written Test: 3/08
                                NOR: 4/08
                                TO: 4/08
                                Medical: 4/08
                                Fitness: 6/08
                                VBT: 6/08
                                Met with investigator: 10/08
                                Received NOPA: 11/08
                                Won appeal: 3/09
                                TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
                                New fitness: 7/28/09
                                Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11633 users online. 421 members and 11212 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X