Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Harry View Post
    I believe there is an overtime cap of 35K a year. How can someone be required to work a 16 hours shift? -Unless obvious the same person works less hours on the other shifts.- Thus, a CBPO could not work long hours every single shift. The 16 hours shift is then uncommon. Isn't that right?
    It realy just depends on your port. Some ports are short on staff and working 12-16 hour shifts is the norm.
    Also, other ports have had to file for extensions of their 35k cap to 45k because of how busy they are and how short they are in staff.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Base pay for a GS-05 without locality pay is roughly 27K.

      Salary Table 2011-GS

      With locality pay it ranges from roughly 31K to 37K...depending on location. A GS-05 might be pulling in 70K though...if he sees enough OT and premium pay during the year. A likely occurrence?...maybe in some locations. Possible though.
      Salary Table 2011-Base_491 its 2012

      Comment


      • Originally posted by AJLEO View Post
        Pay was frozen so what does it matter? Also, CBPO's use the GS scale not the GL scale.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rambo123 View Post
          I'm a 2/16 TS1 applicant as well and I'm on the same exact boat as you. Did you email MHC directly or the backgrounds division ?
          My E-QIP got bounced back so I just replied to the email that told me it got bounced back. I fixed it in March...then nothing, so I decided to email them on Wolf's advice. 8 hours later I was told my file was sent to Internal Affairs. I expect to see a completed green check on Thursday...maybe my expectations are too high haha.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TP3 View Post
            going off what you said, it seems like copra would be a better deal since you are always gonna get paid for the overtime hours you work...which overtime policy does CBPO use
            Each system has it's pros and cons. LEAP and AUO to a lesser extent are nice in that they more or less guarantee 125% of base salary over the course of the year. The downside, especially with AUO is that a person is essentially working 50 hour weeks for that money.

            COPRA OT is a sweet deal...if it's available. 200% overtime money adds up quick. The downside... not all ports see that much in OT, a lot of the overtime comes at the cost of 16 hour days and OT tends to be seasonal/situational. Expect to see most overtime during school/summer vacations and other events that produce traffic.(Olympics/conferences/protests and other major events)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              Each system has it's pros and cons. LEAP and AUO to a lesser extent are nice in that they more or less guarantee 125% of base salary over the course of the year. The downside, especially with AUO is that a person is essentially working 50 hour weeks for that money.

              COPRA OT is a sweet deal...if it's available. 200% overtime money adds up quick. The downside... not all ports see that much in OT, a lot of the overtime comes at the cost of 16 hour days and OT tends to be seasonal/situational. Expect to see most overtime during school/summer vacations and other events that produce traffic.(Olympics/conferences/protests and other major events)
              Not to mention 15% night diff, 50% on Sundays, 100% Holiday pay, and Call back commute...
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

              Comment


              • thanks for the info guys

                Comment


                • Originally posted by yoda View Post
                  Not to mention 15% night diff, 50% on Sundays, 100% Holiday pay, and Call back commute...
                  20% midnight diff. too.

                  I don't know if it's true where you're at, but most ports I've worked will bend over backwards to avoid paying out meaningful callback/commute.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                    20% midnight diff. too.

                    I don't know if it's true where you're at, but most ports I've worked will bend over backwards to avoid paying out meaningful callback/commute.
                    Yes those don't come often, but they are sweet!
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ldomi View Post
                      Im still waiting too! only need drug test and BI to clear. Turned in E-quip 03/22/2012 but I am not worrying too much about it anymore. I used to be checking CASS all the time. Now, i just wait patiently. lol. Hope they call us soon!
                      I hope so! I try not to think about it too much either. I did email them a couple of times to ask for updates but the last email I got said it could be up to 12 months before my background clears, even though I already have a clearance : There's a couple of people that got a TSL a month before I did and they already got the call so I was hoping the same would happen for me..
                      Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                      Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                      TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                      PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                      Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                      VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                      B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                      Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                      Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                      PFT2: ?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                        Pay was frozen so what does it matter? Also, CBPO's use the GS scale not the GL scale.
                        Cost of living increases were frozen. However, step increases for longevity were not frozen so it does matter. You are correct that CBPO's are on the GS scale.

                        FB

                        Comment


                        • Does anyone know who's who in the pre-employment process?

                          MHC, IA, etc.

                          Who does the background investigation on applicants?

                          Is IA the background people?
                          tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                          NOR-11/11
                          TSL- 11/17/11
                          pft1- 12/8/11
                          Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                          Qual- completed 3/12
                          Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                          S I-completed 3/12
                          Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                          Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                          Fitness- completed 12/12

                          EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                          Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                          new fletc date- 11-18-13

                          SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

                          Comment


                          • Are they telling everyone that the BI will take a year? I applied for the SWB and I'm taking my VBT in 3 weeks. I hope it does not take that long!
                            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Mole177 View Post
                              Does anyone know who's who in the pre-employment process?

                              MHC, IA, etc.

                              Who does the background investigation on applicants?

                              Is IA the background people?
                              yes IA are background. MHC is just main.if you email them and ask about physical, fitness e-quip etc. they will forward your email to the correct department. the only reason you would not email MHC is when you are waiting on background because they cannot give you any information regarding background investigation for security purposes.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ldomi View Post
                                yes IA are background. MHC is just main.if you email them and ask about physical, fitness e-quip etc. they will forward your email to the correct department. the only reason you would not email MHC is when you are waiting on background because they cannot give you any information regarding background investigation for security purposes.
                                I've seen on the forum that some people are told that they're background was referred to IA, or that it was submitted for adjudication, or in the process for polygraph but the only answer I get is it can take up to a year. I wonder why some people get some sort of status?
                                Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                                Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                                TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                                PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                                Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                                VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                                B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                                Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                                Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                                PFT2: ?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 17322 users online. 443 members and 16879 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X