300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BPAHelibs22 View Post
    I received a 77 on the CBP Test for SWB. What are the chances that I will receive a TO????

Thanks!!
    You did a good thing applying to the SWB. They should pick you up.
    "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Does having to provide more information for your medical delay you from meeting with your background investigator if you have passed your PFT1 and VBT/SI ?

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
        A CBPO friend of mine just stopped by my workplace here in Miami to say hi. Then out of the blue another CBPO came in (as a customer). The CBPO that came in said I was very brave to take the SWB. Psh, I just want that job. I was destined to be a CBPO! VBT/SI, here I come!!
        Everyone tells me the same thing. That the way of life/culture is totally different in the SWB and that its nothing like the "Miami Life" I am use too. I really want this job and im willing to take a huge paycut and change my way of life in order to have my dream job and a better future.

Comment

• Originally posted by rambo123 View Post
          Everyone tells me the same thing. That the way of life/culture is totally different in the SWB and that its nothing like the "Miami Life" I am use too. I really want this job and im willing to take a huge paycut and change my way of life in order to have my dream job and a better future.
          Man, the thing is I'm so ready for it. It's not like I have so many friends here, just a few family members that I see every now and then. And it's not like I go clubbing or live off of social events. All I need is myself, God, and my wife and I am good. I just want to make a difference in this world.
          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Everyone,

This is my first post and I am surprised soo many of you are still waiting. This is my status

Exam: 07/11
            GEO Reassign: SWB 11/11
            Forms: 02/01/12- Qual GS7
            PFT1: 03/09/12- passed
            Medical 03/19/12- passed
            Drug: Waiting
            Fingerprints: 03/27/12
            BI: 04/10/12 - security office
            VBI: 05/15/12- completed

Hey guys, I had issues seeing the depth perception chart. Anyone have issues with this? Do we get retested again at the academy?
            Thanks!
            Last edited by NATMARGI; 05-18-2012, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Man, the thing is I'm so ready for it. It's not like I have so many friends here, just a few family members that I see every now and then. And it's not like I go clubbing or live off of social events. All I need is myself, God, and my wife and I am good. I just want to make a difference in this world.
              a lot of people say that and end up leaving because they can't handle it lol (hence the high hiring rate/turnover rate)..haha, i have a house here in MI and in AZ so I am very familiar with the SWB's, and very use to the lifestyle, but there are offers in some cities i wouldn't dare take...haha couldn't pay me enough!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolverine85 View Post
                Yes as long as you get at least a 70 you will receive a TSL. I just barely passed and I am in the hiring process now for SWB.

I have a quick question though. I have already received a date for my VBT/SI. I thought the interview was last? My qualifications still have not cleared, I still don't know if I passed my PFT1, and I have yet to schedule my medical exam. On CASS I thought it said the VBT/SI was one of the last events to happen in the hiring process?
                There is no real set order for this process. My qualifications cleared way after my vbt/SI, drug test was a little after VBT/SI and I'm stil waiting on my BI. The BI is usually what takes the longest but I've ven seen that clear before somebody's VBT/SI. With this process you just never know.
                NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                Score:9X.XX%
                List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                  a lot of people say that and end up leaving because they can't handle it lol (hence the high hiring rate/turnover rate)..haha, i have a house here in MI and in AZ so I am very familiar with the SWB's, and very use to the lifestyle, but there are offers in some cities i wouldn't dare take...haha couldn't pay me enough!!!
                  Trust me, I'm ready. I'm at a dead end job and about to get my bachelor's. I'm ready for the next phase of my life.

Comment

• Scheduled for poly on 3 May and VBT/SI 10 May.

Comment

• Originally posted by rambo123 View Post
                      Rambo I know where you are coming from I'm going from NY to SWB. I know it will be a big difference but I'm willing to make that kind of change for this opportunity. I'm expecting a huge culture shock but I have an idea of what to expect my grandparents have a vineyard in the middle of nowhere and i have spent time there. So I have a slight idea of what to expect. Only difference is my visit this time will be long term haha.
                      List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

All I need is myself, God, and my wife and I am good.
                        You will enjoy Presidio, Lukeville, etc. Out there is only G-d and dirt.
                        Gek.

Comment

I agree with you completely on this Iamwolf! As long as I have those things I'll be fine. I can't wait to be doing something that makes a difference!
                          List#2XX 5/2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                            There is no real set order for this process. My qualifications cleared way after my vbt/SI, drug test was a little after VBT/SI and I'm stil waiting on my BI. The BI is usually what takes the longest but I've ven seen that clear before somebody's VBT/SI. With this process you just never know.
                            Ok thanks I am just nervous I failed my PFT1 and that I will not pass the medical since my eyesight uncorrected is horrible. I am more surprised than anything that I have an interview already.

Comment

• Originally posted by RubyO View Post
                              Im in the the hiring process with an 83.
                              I'm in the same boat with you. my test was 8-2011 with a score of 82. I have everything checked off in cass except for my background (in the security office) and drug test (pending). I qualified for gs-7. everything started going really fast in january, the background packet was submitted in March and on April 7 I received a letter notifying me of the current progress of my application. funny thing about that letter was it was hand signed. I coulnt expect that guy to have signed too many of them by hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by NATMARGI View Post
                                Everyone,

This is my first post and I am surprised soo many of you are still waiting. This is my status

I just got a letter that my EKG needs to have an Medical Provider sign me off on "non-specific T wave changes" which I read means that I am just out of normal range, but could be nothing. Anyone have issues with this? I got LASIK May/11 and my depth perception changed. Anyone have issues with this either? Any input would be great.

Thanks!
                                oh man...i had to go through that too. as well as other medical conditions that needing clearing up.

start clearing it early, b/c you're going to need your primary care doc to sign off. It took me about 20 days to get things cleared off by my doc.

my primary care is kaiser and i had to go through a lot of headache.
                                tested in San Diego- SWB, 10/11
                                NOR-11/11
                                TSL- 11/17/11
                                pft1- 12/8/11
                                Pre-E Forms-completed 3/12
                                Qual- completed 3/12
                                Medical Ex- completed 4/12
                                S I-completed 3/12
                                Drug Screening- completed 6/7/12
                                Background Investigation- met with BI 6/5/13
                                Fitness- completed 12/12

EOD- 9/9/13 SYS
                                Fletc- 10-15-13, class 338
                                new fletc date- 11-18-13

SYS CBPO 4-1-2014

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16749 users online. 274 members and 16475 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X