300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
    and you my friend have no idea what are you talking about. Theres no such thing as taking a test at fletc with 2 days notice.
    +1

Comment

• Originally posted by Drop Shot View Post
      I just want to make sure this is right. The starting pay for a gs-5 is around $31K plus locality pay, which lets just say for one state the locality pay is $40K. So does that mean that the starting pay would be around 70K?
      Base pay for a GS-05 without locality pay is roughly 27K.

Salary Table 2011-GS

With locality pay it ranges from roughly 31K to 37K...depending on location. A GS-05 might be pulling in 70K though...if he sees enough OT and premium pay during the year. A likely occurrence?...maybe in some locations. Possible though.
      Last edited by merlin436; 04-22-2012, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
        Locality pay usually only ranges in percent...you will get a good boost in your salary, but not that much. and with federal law enf jobs there are so many things to factor in...such as the 25% law enforcement pay, etc. its all on the CBP website...
        CBPOs currently do not draw 25% LEAP or AUO pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          CBPOs currently do not draw 25% LEAP or AUO pay.
          really??! that is weird...why is it on the website then? did they used to?

Comment

• Or was i accidentally looking at border patrol FAQ's???....lol idk!

Comment

• I did have a response typed out but deleted it. It's nice and all that you get the schedule ahead of time, but I've had a couple of tests where the material isn't covered in class until the day before the test.

My point to my post was that if you need more than 8 days to study for a test you're going to have trouble at fletc.
              Now I remember why I don't post here much. People are quick to call others out without thinking first.
              See you around.

Comment

really??! that is weird...why is it on the website then? did they used to?
                I'm not sure what you've been reading off the website...

Border Patrol has 25% AUO.
                The old Senior Immigration Inspector position(basically the current CBPO-E position) used to be 25% AUO. It no longer is.
                The is/was a pay reform proposal floating around a few months back that would have placed most upper CBP/OFO management(and most of OBP) on 25% LEAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  I'm not sure what you've been reading off the website...

Border Patrol has 25% AUO.
                  The old Senior Immigration Inspector position(basically the current CBPO-E position) used to be 25% AUO. It no longer is.
                  The is/was a pay reform proposal floating around a few months back that would have placed most upper CBP/OFO management(and most of OBP) on 25% LEAP.

ok then maybe that is what i saw...i just know i remember seeing something like that.........thats all

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                    I did have a response typed out but deleted it. It's nice and all that you get the schedule ahead of time, but I've had a couple of tests where the material isn't covered in class until the day before the test.

My point to my post was that if you need more than 8 days to study for a test you're going to have trouble at fletc.
                    Now I remember why I don't post here much. People are quick to call others out without thinking first.
                    See you around.

some people are just overly offensive. most of knew what you meant in a broad sense... please stay on and keep updating us...what parrt of AZ are you in?

Comment

ok then maybe that is what i saw...i just know i remember seeing something like that.........thats all

Outside of CBP, most 1811's are on 25% LEAP. As are FAMs.
                      IEAs are 25% AUO. As are DOs. A handful of other AUO positions are also out there.

But not CBPOs. Which is often a good thing. Many CBPOs work less and make more money working double-time COPRA overtime than they would if they drew AUO or LEAP. On the flip side...many CBPOs would make out better off financially on AUO or LEAP(altough they'd also have to work many more hours). It all depends on circumstance.

Comment

• oh ok!! nice, thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                          depending on your port, I'm dead serious.
                          More than 16 hour work day? That's crazy. I'm up for 12 but I don't know how brilliant of an officer I'd be after 16 hours lol I guess it is what it is.
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
                            What are my chances of getting the job with a written test score of 82 for the SWB?
                            I'd say pretty good.
                            "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                              More than 16 hour work day? That's crazy. I'm up for 12 but I don't know how brilliant of an officer I'd be after 16 hours lol I guess it is what it is.
                              I used to do back to back 16's all the time...of course it wasn't at a port on my feet. Oh and I was younger. Think of that $$$ I guess

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                                I used to do back to back 16's all the time...of course it wasn't at a port on my feet. Oh and I was younger. Think of that $$$ I guess
                                I'm sure I can do it but man I'll probably be a little wobbly after the 16th hour. They better let me sit a few minutes! lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7519 users online. 413 members and 7106 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X