300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
    be expected to work long hours...i heard they dont call it "skid row" for nothing...but then again thats the port i would want to...i just want to be next to a large city
    +1

Also more hours means more money!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TP3 View Post
      be expected to work long hours...i heard they dont call it "skid row" for nothing...but then again thats the port i would want to...i just want to be next to a large city
      I'm more than ready for long hours, my friend. 12+ hour shifts, you say? Bring it on!!!!
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• more like 16+

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
          more like 16+
          Are you serious or just trying to burst my bubble?
          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• depending on your port, I'm dead serious.

Comment

• What are my chances of getting the job with a written test score of 82 for the SWB?
              CBPO
              Written Test - 3/28/12 NYC
              NOR - 4/8/12 - 82% SWB
              TSL1- 5/25/12
              TSL2 - 5/30/12
              e-Qip and Fingerprints Submitted - 6/5/12
              Qualifications - GS-5 / GS-7 (Pending)
              PFT1 - 6/27/12 (passed)
              VBT -
              S.I. -
              Medical - 7/13/12
              Drug Test -
              B.I. - In Security Office
              PFT2 -
              EOD -
              $$$

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                8 days is a long time to study.
                you sometimes have 2 days maybe less to study for a test at the academy.
                and you my friend have no idea what are you talking about. Theres no such thing as taking a test at fletc with 2 days notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMBROCKS View Post
                  What are my chances of getting the job with a written test score of 82 for the SWB?
                  Im in the the hiring process with an 83.

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                    and you my friend have no idea what are you talking about. Theres no such thing as taking a test at fletc with 2 days notice.
                    not worth it
                    Last edited by amillot; 04-22-2012, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• I just want to make sure this is right. The starting pay for a gs-5 is around $31K plus locality pay, which lets just say for one state the locality pay is $40K. So does that mean that the starting pay would be around 70K?

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                        Congratulations and hi right back to you. Hope you have a quick process.
                        Thanks, Wolf - I did a stint at the NSA c/o the Air Force, so hurry up and wait is par for the course - Here's to hoping my current clearance eases some B/I worries when the time comes!
                        Test - 11/16/11
                        NOR- 11/30/11 (96 +5 Vet)
                        Geo - West Texas; New Mexico
                        TSL- 4/5/12
                        VBT/SI - 5/25/12
                        PFT1/Physical - 5/29/12
                        CASS - All blue

Comment

• All right guys and gals, so let me ask this. I would like some clarification(s), so are some of you guys who are more in the “know” than I, saying that as a female I will be able to have top pick for a GEO? I scored a 97 without my 10 points preference, am fluent in Spanish and I opted for Florida region, although I will not mind anywhere in the SE Region. But thinking I would have a better chance I asked the HR lady to change it to SWB. She, by the way, sounded super excited at the fact I was a female and a veteran and was more than happy to assist me. I ask because if there is still a chance I can get Florida or the SE region I will be most grateful. Thank you for clearing any confusion 
                          I also heard from some guys at work, that by the time the people who applied and tested for the current vacancy get through the process that most of the SWB would be heavily staffed. Again, any light into this will be most helpful. I also wonder if there will be a "pay match" for us who are already fed employees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gisey1982 View Post
                            All right guys and gals, so let me ask this. I would like some clarification(s), so are some of you guys who are more in the “know” than I, saying that as a female I will be able to have top pick for a GEO? I scored a 97 without my 10 points preference, am fluent in Spanish and I opted for Florida region, although I will not mind anywhere in the SE Region. But thinking I would have a better chance I asked the HR lady to change it to SWB. She, by the way, sounded super excited at the fact I was a female and a veteran and was more than happy to assist me. I ask because if there is still a chance I can get Florida or the SE region I will be most grateful. Thank you for clearing any confusion 
                            I also heard from some guys at work, that by the time the people who applied and tested for the current vacancy get through the process that most of the SWB would be heavily staffed. Again, any light into this will be most helpful. I also wonder if there will be a "pay match" for us who are already fed employees.
                            You have a very good chance of your process moving fast. however, i said it before, and ill say it again. only change your pref to SWB if you know the area and/or wouldn't mind living in remote towns far far away from big cities. Because about 90% percent of the time that is where you are placed, and you are there for at least 2 to 3 years...therefore, if i were you with chances already being high, i would stick to the SE Region if that is somewhere you are familiar with and want to be.

Being a female is easy to get the process moving test score wise, where the competition really comes in with other females (and males too of course) will be your physical...A LOT of women fail that portion, not so much the pft1 as they do the pft2 though. so if you are in excellent shape, and knock out your interview you can hopefully be in within the next 8 to 12 months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drop Shot View Post
                              I just want to make sure this is right. The starting pay for a gs-5 is around $31K plus locality pay, which lets just say for one state the locality pay is $40K. So does that mean that the starting pay would be around 70K?
                              Locality pay usually only ranges in percent...you will get a good boost in your salary, but not that much. and with federal law enf jobs there are so many things to factor in...such as the 25% law enforcement pay, etc. its all on the CBP website...

Comment

• amillot:

how can you have 2 days to study for a test? you get the entire schedule for the 4 months on day 1. theres no surprises

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4925 users online. 296 members and 4629 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X