300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
    Anyone receive a TO yet from the July testing?
    Yeah i got a t.o. for michigan like 2 weeks after i applied. My score was a 90, they honored it from a previous application along with my vbt, med, phys, and drug test.

Comment

• Originally posted by audi0xpl0de View Post
      Anyone receive a TO yet from the July testing?
      Yeah i got a t.o. for michigan like 2 weeks after i applied. My score was a 90, they honored it from a previous application along with my vbt, med, phys, and drug test.

Comment

• Yeah, so far Michigan is the only place that I've heard has received recent TOs.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTO23 View Post
          Really? I checked this website: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei3.asp and if you scroll down to the 5 point preferance, it lists the global war on terrorism as one of them. I hope that is correct?
          Well there are 2 medals: gwot service medal and gwot expeditionary medal for actually going overseas. You need the 2nd one for vet points.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTO23 View Post
            Really? I checked this website: http://www.usajobs.gov/ei3.asp and if you scroll down to the 5 point preferance, it lists the global war on terrorism as one of them. I hope that is correct?
            You do qualify as long as you meet this. I had no expeditionary medal, and I got my 5 points from this:
            "For more than 180 consecutive days, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom"
            You didn't have to serve in any area, just as long as you were in for 180 consecutive days during this period.
            GEO Pref: MIA
            Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
            TO: 9/08
            Pre-employment Forms: Completed
            Medical: Completed
            Fitness: Completed
            VBT: Completed 12/4
            BI: Completed
            Qualifications: Completed
            TSU: 12/4
            EOD: 2/17
            FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

• Sounds good to me.... enlisted in 2004 so I should be good.
              Last edited by GTO23; 08-21-2008, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                You do qualify as long as you meet this. I had no expeditionary medal, and I got my 5 points from this:
                "For more than 180 consecutive days, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom"
                You didn't have to serve in any area, just as long as you were in for 180 consecutive days during this period.
                I think anyone who did a full military term with an honorable discharge should get the 5 points. I mean they are called "veterans" points, not "some, certain, select" veteran points

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC3537 View Post
                  have you got your DD214 verfied by them yet? you might just get the 5 pts simply just claimed it on the online application. usually the agencies given the points to who has the expediationary medal/purpal heart etc. or service related disability.
                  Integrity First
                  Service Before Self
                  Excellence In All We Do

Comment

• Originally posted by sillyapple View Post
                    have you got your DD214 verfied by them yet? you might just get the 5 pts simply just claimed it on the online application. usually the agencies given the points to who has the expediationary medal/purpal heart etc. or service related disability.
                    I agree, its not guaranteed until they get your 214. Im almost positive it has to be an expeditionary medal for the war on terrorism to count

Comment

• Where's the Calls?????

I've notice no activity for any schools for FY09. My guess is MHC is awaiting the fy09 training budget/money before filling CBP Basic Training after September 2008 (end of fy08 training budget/funds).

IMHO, that's why we haven't been seeing anyone getting "The Call".

Originally posted by kiddie789
                      whats the call status out there? Has anybody gotten the call in the past week?

Comment

• Classes are still scheduled on normal basis. Atleast 1 every two weeks. The last class I heard starting was October 2ish (not sure on the exact date).

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                          And they do a seperate BI since the military is normally a "secret", etc. clearance and for CBP its a law enforcement sensitive clearance, so its different.
                          Huh?

'Law enforcement sensitive' isn't a clearance. Law enforcement sensitive refers to material that's sensitive but unclassified.

CBPO's are vetted before hiring to recieve TS clearances, IF NEEDED.

Most CBPO's never have their clearances activated, as most officers have no need to access classified documents or computer databases.

Your right about them doing a seperate BI. CBP will run with their own BI as if he never had one.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                            Huh?

'Law enforcement sensitive' isn't a clearance. Law enforcement sensitive refers to material that's sensitive but unclassified.

CBPO's are vetted before hiring to recieve TS clearances, IF NEEDED.

Most CBPO's never have their clearances activated, as most officers have no need to access classified documents or computer databases.

Your right about them doing a seperate BI. CBP will run with their own BI as if he never had one.

Ha ha, yeah thats what i was getting at but my words got twisted. I was just trying to tell the guy that a military clearance has nothing to do with CBP's

Comment

• So i have to redo my drug test tomorrow apparantly the sample I gave them was insufficient....=\ .... that was 7/10/08 and now it is 8/22/08 arg! i'm not thrilled I have taken my vbt already and waiting on that to go through as well as BI... well yeah, there it is.
                              Geo Pref: Miami
                              Score: 92
                              Grade Level: 5
                              EOD: 11/10/2008
                              Fletc: 12/02/2008 - 03-20-2008

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                                I agree, its not guaranteed until they get your 214. Im almost positive it has to be an expeditionary medal for the war on terrorism to count
                                The only thing that having an expeditionary medal would get you is that you would not have had to fill the 180 day requirement. If you read this it says "or" after each one, not "and."
                                5-Point Preference (TP)

Five points are added to the passing examination score or rating of a veteran who served:

During a war; or
                                During the period April 28, 1952 through July 1, 1955; or

For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred after January 31, 1955, and before October 15, 1976; or

During the Gulf War from August 2, 1990, through January 2, 1992; or

For more than 180 consecutive days, other than for training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom; or

In a campaign or expedition for which a campaign medal has been authorized. Any Armed Forces Expeditionary medal or campaign badge, including El Salvador, Lebanon, Grenada, Panama, Southwest Asia, Somalia, and Haiti, qualifies for preference.
                                GEO Pref: MIA
                                Written: 8/08 (99 w/VP)
                                TO: 9/08
                                Pre-employment Forms: Completed
                                Medical: Completed
                                Fitness: Completed
                                VBT: Completed 12/4
                                BI: Completed
                                Qualifications: Completed
                                TSU: 12/4
                                EOD: 2/17
                                FLETC: 3/12 Class 934

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3731 users online. 172 members and 3559 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X