300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
    Applying to the SWB and getting a place like San Ysirdo is considered VERY LUCKY! let me just tell you that now. at least you will be close to "civilization" there. just do some research on the areas some of their ports are in along the swb of texas, AZ, and CA you will think twice about applying to the swb if you aren't from that area and don't know what to expect
    San Ysidro, Nogales, and El Paso are the best ports when it comes to civilization. Anywhere else and good luck....
    San Ysidro is currently hiring more than any other port because of their huge expansion (60 something primary lanes).

Comment

• There are some other's that aren't attrocious

Otay Mesa - San Diego
      Tecate - within driving distance to San Diego
      Calexico - near El Centro, 1.5-2 hrs from SD
      Andrade - near Yuma, AZ
      San Luis - near Yuma, AZ
      Laredo - Laredo, TX
      Hidalgo - near McAllen, TX
      Brownsville - Near South Padre Island, TX

I don't know the exact names of the ports in South Texas, but those are the cities they are close too.
      Last edited by o2force; 04-21-2012, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by o2force View Post
        There are some other's that aren't attrocious

Otay Mesa - San Diego
        Tecate - within driving distance to San Diego
        Calexico - near El Centro, 1.5-2 hrs from SD
        Andrade - near Yuma, AZ
        San Luis - near Yuma, AZ
        Laredo - Laredo, TX
        Hidaldo - near McAllen, TX
        Brownsville - Near South Padre Island, TX

I don't know the exact names of the ports in South Texas, but those are the cities they are close too.
        not terrible, but then again they're not really great either. I'll be honest, I'm just repeating what I've heard from others going to those ports. I consider Otay part of San Ysidro/San Diego.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
          Is there anyone here whom took the Test in early April? If so did you pick the SWB? Im wondering if Im the only one waiting on my TSL
          I took that test and haven't received a TSL with a 103 for swb.

Comment

• well they are part of the same sector/division...whatever you want to call it.

Comment

• I recently received a TO for the SWB and I have my VBT in less than a month. How long does it take for the VBT/SI? I have work that day at 2pm and I have the VBT at 10:30am. Do I have enough time if from the VBT to work it takes me about an hour?
              "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                Source?
                My uncle is a part of CBP. He was telling me, for the next year or so qualified females will get a primary pick over males (as stated in the vacancy announcement) there is a huge shortage of females right now, not just for the swb, but everywhere. Just so happens a lot of posts in the southwest are expanding and they don't have enough females to support it

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                  San Ysidro, Nogales, and El Paso are the best ports when it comes to civilization. Anywhere else and good luck....
                  San Ysidro is currently hiring more than any other port because of their huge expansion (60 something primary lanes).

oh yeah El Paso is decent too!

Comment

• Darko's statement.

Comment

• Hello all, now that I've gotten a TSL and have begun the daily checks with CASS in anticipation of something happening, it's time I quit lurking this thread and said hi!
                      Test - 11/16/11
                      NOR- 11/30/11 (96 +5 Vet)
                      Geo - West Texas; New Mexico
                      TSL- 4/5/12
                      VBT/SI - 5/25/12
                      PFT1/Physical - 5/29/12
                      CASS - All blue

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
                        I took my test a few weeks ago and scored a 100 without veterans preference. I am hoping to get my TSL soon. Anyone that has applied under the most recent announcement get a TSL yet?
                        Not sure what GEO preference you picked but I scored a 100 on the Dec. 2010 written and I waited over a year for a TSL.......just make sure you're prepared to be patient in the event it doesn't happen right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by atway70 View Post
                          Hello all, now that I've gotten a TSL and have begun the daily checks with CASS in anticipation of something happening, it's time I quit lurking this thread and said hi!
                          Congratulations and hi right back to you. Hope you have a quick process.
                          "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." - Proverbs 3:5,6

Comment

• Originally posted by amillot View Post
                            So I have a good chance for San Ysidro? Woot!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                              My uncle is a part of CBP. He was telling me, for the next year or so qualified females will get a primary pick over males (as stated in the vacancy announcement) there is a huge shortage of females right now, not just for the swb, but everywhere. Just so happens a lot of posts in the southwest are expanding and they don't have enough females to support it
                              Obviously CBP is need for minorities also, That's in bold black letters on the announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by IamWolf View Post
                                So I have a good chance for San Ysidro? Woot!!
                                be expected to work long hours...i heard they dont call it "skid row" for nothing...but then again thats the port i would want to...i just want to be next to a large city

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5592 users online. 357 members and 5235 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X