300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xxrissa47xx View Post
    I have my written test tomorrow in NYC anyone have any info on what to expect tomm?? Does anyone know what the demand for cbp officers in the NYC area is like? One last question do I need a calculator? Thank you!
    you are not allowed to use a calculator. As far as what to expect, lots of math, reading and word comprehension.

Comment

• That's what I thought.I have been studying the online packet But didn't see anything as to whether or not I needed one...
      .. Thank you

Comment

• Yea no calculator but they do allow a blank sheet to work out the math problems. Also arrive at least 30mins early. The testing center on Varick street gets pretty crowded and it can take almost 30mins to clear the line.

Comment

• I took my test a few weeks ago and scored a 100 without veterans preference. I am hoping to get my TSL soon. Anyone that has applied under the most recent announcement get a TSL yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by darko886 View Post
            I took my test a few weeks ago and scored a 100 without veterans preference. I am hoping to get my TSL soon. Anyone that has applied under the most recent announcement get a TSL yet?

Darko886 me and you are in the same boat..... I turned in all of my papers but now im just waiting.......
            Test -02 April 2012
            NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
            TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
            Qualifications - (Pending)
            PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
            VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
            Drug Test - (pending)
            Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
            B.I. - In security office
            Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
            PFT2 -
            EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
              Darko886 me and you are in the same boat..... I turned in all of my papers but now im just waiting.......
              I turned in all mine too. I got a 99 on test and picked SE. Of course I uploaded docs when the cutoff was April 30 now it is extended to May 31. I hope we don't have to wait till then. I would pick SWB but the wife said no to that. Family comes first. She agreed to SE

Comment

• I called IA twice this week and left my information as instructed. THe recording said I should be receiving a call within 2 business days but nothing yet. I wonder.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                  Where are CBP officers most needed along the SWB. San Ysirdo, CA??
                  Applying to the SWB and getting a place like San Ysirdo is considered VERY LUCKY! let me just tell you that now. at least you will be close to "civilization" there. just do some research on the areas some of their ports are in along the swb of texas, AZ, and CA you will think twice about applying to the swb if you aren't from that area and don't know what to expect

Comment

• For people who just applied. might not get the TSL's for at least 2-3 months. Some people waited almost a year just to make it to their pft1.

Right now, if you are NOT a female AND applying to the swb, expect the wait process to be a very long time from this most recent job openibg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moeie586 View Post
                      For people who just applied. might not get the TSL's for at least 2-3 months. Some people waited almost a year just to make it to their pft1.

Right now, if you are NOT a female AND applying to the swb, expect the wait process to be a very long time from this most recent job openibg.
                      Source?

Comment

• Does anyone know if a TSL will inform a particular location?

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                          Does anyone know if a TSL will inform a particular location?
                          You won't find out a location until you receive "the call", which will be right before your PFT2. You have a long wait, unfortunately.
                          GEO: Midwest
                          Written Exam: 12/10/10
                          NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                          TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                          VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                          PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                          Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                          BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                          Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                          Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                          Polygraph: 5/11/12
                          Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                          Met with BI: 7/27/12
                          Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                          PFT2: 9/4/12
                          EOD: 9/24/12
                          FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• How do u come up with such non-sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alrios2431 View Post
                              How do u come up with such non-sense?
                              You have me wondering... whose nonsense?
                              Gek.

Comment

• Is there anyone here whom took the Test in early April? If so did you pick the SWB? Im wondering if Im the only one waiting on my TSL
                                Test -02 April 2012
                                NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
                                TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                                Qualifications - (Pending)
                                PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
                                VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
                                Drug Test - (pending)
                                Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
                                B.I. - In security office
                                Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
                                PFT2 -
                                EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8727 users online. 422 members and 8305 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X