300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aq1130 View Post
    Hi. I have just received an offer but they would not disclose which location it was for. They just told me the dates and asked if I wanted to accept or decline it. Were you guys disclosed the location or asked to pick dates first?
    Well I would just accept and see where they send you. Some people get to choose from a few cities with their offer(which is rare) and some do not...but that is very odd that they will not at least tell you!! Either way if you decline the offer before or after they tell you, you will still have to start the process all over again

Comment

• I received this in my work email a few days ago. It's just proof positive that they are really in a big hiring push for CBP Officers right now.

MESSAGE FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER, OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT

The Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) position provides a unique law enforcement opportunity at the Nation’s air, land, and sea ports of entry. Officers perform a variety of specialized details to include: Anti-Terrorism Contraband Enforcement Team, Non-Intrusive Inspection technology, Special Response Team, outbound enforcement, K-9, and more.

As an employee, you can play an integral part in U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) recruitment efforts by helping us spread the word. A casual conversation about the work CBP does can be a significant means of generating interest in CBP employment.

Share the importance of our mission by directing your friends and acquaintances to see our tweet at @CustomsBorder highlighting our newest video “60 seconds that could change your life – Learn about our current CBPO openings then apply!” The video is available on the CBP public website at CBP - Career Descriptions. It can also be viewed on YouTube at customsborder – CBP Officer Position Openings.
      Natural selection leaves the survivors stronger and better! Humans have escaped this winnowing for far too long!

Comment

• well they should call us then and get us in the academy...LOL been since 12/10

Comment

• I hope WHEN i make it through to get my EOD call there are at least a good handful of women in the academy. A lot of women don't make it through the fitness test... :/

Comment

• Originally posted by aq1130 View Post
            Thats what happened with me. They gave me a EOD date and i asked them which location this is for and they told me that they are unable to disclose the location until I commit to that date.
            A wild-assed guess...maybe they were looking to fill a particular academy class? That could explain the importance of the dates and the lack of a firm offer of location until and unless you committed to the dates offered.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
              A wild-assed guess...maybe they were looking to fill a particular academy class? That could explain the importance of the dates and the lack of a firm offer of location until and unless you committed to the dates offered.
              Thats what i am thinking as well. I will call them tomorrow morning and try to at least get some more info before I accept.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigwill View Post
                I'm new to this, congrats to all who have gotten the call!!! Been watching the forum for about a month now. I'm glad to say that I've learned a lot about the hiring process through here.
                Can anyone tell me how I set up my signature/timeline?
                Towards the top of the page, go to:

Forum Actions > Edit Profile > Edit Signature
                Test - 08/01/11
                NOR- 08/30/11 (92)
                TSL1- 9/21/11
                TSL2 - 9/21/11
                Qualifications - GS-7
                PFT1 - 9/23/11
                VBT & S.I. - 10/17/11
                Drug Test - 11/3/11 (approximately)
                B.I. - Cleared 4/17/12
                PFT2 - 5/4/12
                EOD - 5/29/12 - San Ysidro, CA

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilo LOst View Post
                  Ok gents I am trying to get a feel for the hiring proses. I have read a lot of the posts on this thread but all I see is for the SWB, what are the odds of getting that selection letter for some where like FL or some thing like that? Also my test score was 86 is that bad? I submitted all of my docs. so that step is done but I selected the south east as my GEO. I was told that i had a snow balls chance of getting a quick call back and the web site was not to direct as to the how things were going.

so with all that said any advice or guidance would be a grate help....
                  also if this is the wrong place for me to be asking this please forgive me.
                  Good luck with Florida. I chose Miami originally, then got two emails saying they have a bigger need in the NE (at the time in 2008). Its now 2012 and I'm still waiting.

If you want to get in soon, change your GEO to SWB. After you're in for a while you might be able to get relocated to FL. Miami Int'l traffic is quickly increasing to one of the busiest airports in the country. There's also talk of Port of Miami and Everglades expanding. If you live in Broward, I'm sure you've heard about that on the local tv news or NPR.

easy
                  CBP written test Miami, FL
                  11/10/2007
                  NOR letter 01/16/2008
                  VBT 4/2/2008 (passed)
                  Forms 6/2/2009 completed
                  Med exam 4/6/2009 completed
                  9/4/2009
                  Physical exam 4/6/2009 (passed)
                  drug test 5/7/2009 (passed)
                  TO 5/12/2009 (2nd one,
                  never got first)
                  qualifications completed
                  BI interview 9/30/2009
                  BI cleared/referred to TSU 10/30/2009
                  poly: Mar 2011
                  updated e-Qip & All Forms: Sep/Oct 2011
                  BI interview II: Dec 2011/Jan 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by Albert Wesker View Post
                    I received this in my work email a few days ago. It's just proof positive that they are really in a big hiring push for CBP Officers right now.
                    Where are CBP officers most needed along the SWB. San Ysirdo, CA??

Comment

• so what is the next step after all the docs are entered into test manager? I got them in on time. Does the opening have to close before they start the TS process? I read some where that they start 3-4 weeks after the closing time so that is the end of may for the closing, so that would mean that there is a month or so more to wait not get called..... also on the usa jobs site it says few openings in southeast does that mean that there is more than 2 but less than 5 or is that just an arbitrary thing they say just to give people like me hope to work in the south east. Is there a recruiter for cpbos also I called the recruiter for cbpas and they are not taking any more so there was no one to answer there phones, any ideas and any input would be awesome. Thanks guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                        Good luck with Florida. I chose Miami originally, then got two emails saying they have a bigger need in the NE (at the time in 2008). Its now 2012 and I'm still waiting.

If you want to get in soon, change your GEO to SWB. After you're in for a while you might be able to get relocated to FL. Miami Int'l traffic is quickly increasing to one of the busiest airports in the country. There's also talk of Port of Miami and Everglades expanding. If you live in Broward, I'm sure you've heard about that on the local tv news or NPR.

easy
                        If he applied to the SE region Florida is not part of it.....
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

so what is the next step after all the docs are entered into test manager? I got them in on time. Does the opening have to close before they start the TS process? I read some where that they start 3-4 weeks after the closing time so that is the end of may for the closing, so that would mean that there is a month or so more to wait not get called..... also on the usa jobs site it says few openings in southeast does that mean that there is more than 2 but less than 5 or is that just an arbitrary thing they say just to give people like me hope to work in the south east. Is there a recruiter for cpbos also I called the recruiter for cbpas and they are not taking any more so there was no one to answer there phones, any ideas and any input would be awesome. Thanks guys.
                          I would advice you to take a good look at my sig... That's how long it took me to get picked up for FL, the other 3 that are at the academy right now waited 3 years for FL. If you applied for the SE, FL is not part of that region. A "few" vacancies means exactly that, and an 86 is not a great score for a few vacancies region. You might have a better shot at the SWB for a speedy pick up with that score. Now just picking the SWB just to be picked up is not really a good idea, unless you are from that region or are willing to be there for 3-5 years before you can move to another POE.
                          There is plenty of information on this thread to answer any and all questions you may have, you just have to be willing to put in the time to read through.

Best of Luck!
                          CBPO

Comment

• I applied for the FL region not the SE sorry

Comment

I applied for the FL region not the SE sorry
                              Understand that this region includes FL, PR, and VI's... so you could end up anywhere.
                              Just an FYI... Tampa is overstaffed so you might want to strike that from your choices. Same goes for Sanford. Only POE that needs people and might hire is Miami, but then again those few spots available cover US territories as well and you might end up there.
                              Last edited by yoda; 04-20-2012, 01:52 PM.
                              CBPO

Comment

• I have my written test tomorrow in NYC anyone have any info on what to expect tomm?? Does anyone know what the demand for cbp officers in the NYC area is like? One last question do I need a calculator? Thank you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13055 users online. 480 members and 12575 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X