Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know when you recieve NOR, do you CBP send you an email regarding the required documentation for uploading? Or do you have to do it yourself?

Comment

• My email was messed up and I couldn't tell my test score. It is always misaligned. Always check the application manger for accurate NORs and information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
        I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks now. Trying to find the in and outs of this hiring process. I tested in April and got my results back (91) and faxed in all the required documents. I had to email them to change my region from east Texas (which I thought was considered SWB) to the Southwest Border. The lady from HRC told me that it would actually help my chances and speed things up. I was wondering how long should it take to recieve my TSL??? Im a few months from getting out of the army and Im starting to worry that I might have to get a job at like walmart until I get thru the process... Can anyone help me before I start to freak out, I have seen a lot of loooooonnnnnnnnggggg time lines posted on here.

It's hard to say how long your wait will be. The process varies so much for so many. The BI alone has so many variables some get through in three months others like me have been waiting 9 months. If you get poly'd then it may speed things up but that's not always a guarantee. I've heard of ppl living abroud in the military and not have there BI take longer bc of that. Don't mean to bring you down, It's just something you will have to ride out. Hope for the best, expect the worst. Good luck!
        NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
        Score:9X.XX%
        List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
          Rms16, Yeah it is amazing even with attention to detail with all these forms, there always seems to be some issue that arises. I knew after he told me expect an email in 3 days and I hadn't received it after the 3rd day that I had to call them. And of course the emails says if you don't resubmit these forms within 15 days of when the worker from IA contacted you then the process will be delayed. The word Oxymoron does that sentence no justice lol.

Good luck to you as well. I see you met with your background investigator in 2011, how is that process going for you? I met with mine late 2/12 and I guess they wrapped it up rather quickly, but I am sure I probably have several hoops to jump through still.
          You're right it doesn't do it justice haha. It's a long process for me, I met the the investigator the last weekend in July/11 and I believe it was all handed in to IA the latest end of August. Called IA in October and found out I had just been assigned an adjudicator. I was also told that my BI was being skipped over for awhile bc some others were marked as priority(those that had taken the poly and were given a interim clearance and their BI's had to be cleared before they graduate). It also didn't help that I have a lot of family living outside the U.S. and a few different investigators working on my BI. I'm sure their were other factors I don't know about. I've called IA a few times afterwards and have been told still pending with the adjudicator. I was also told I'm lucky that I have been assigned to one as there are many that haven't been yet. So all I can do is sit and wait and wait and wait. Hopefully yours goes quicker good luck man.[/QUOTE]

How about it took me 2 full BI's and a Poly in between...3.5 years in all from my 1st BI interview to fully clear that step... so be ready for anything. I can tell you that calling IA every week is not really going to help you all that much unless you have actually been waiting for at least 6 months after meeting your investigator, but you should know that it takes 6 months to a year to have a fully adjudicated BI. Patience will be your friend...
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• The lady told us that it could be anywhere from a few days or a few weeks. They will send you a email and on that email will be a link telling you what to upload or fax..... I faxed my documents in because I was kind of lost on the whole uploading thing... A few days later they will send u a email reminder stating that you have 2 weeks to upload/fax the required documents.

oh yeah if you deciede to fax your doc's in DONT FORGET THE COVER SHEET.
            p.s. The email will say Notice of Results and after you read the entire email, at the bottom you will see this Spec Code: Spec Title: Grade: Rating:
            001 CBPO 05 91.

The 05 means the pay grade you were selected for and the 91 of course meaning the score.... Good Luck
            Test -02 April 2012
            NOR-20 April 2012(101) w/ 10 vet pref
            TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
            Qualifications - (Pending)
            PFT1 - 30 May 12 (passed)
            VBT & S.I. - 16 July 12 (passed)
            Drug Test - (pending)
            Medical- 08 June 12 (passed)
            B.I. - In security office
            Poly - 18 June 12 (passed)
            PFT2 -
            EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by 383897 View Post
              Guys relax. The poly is not even scientific. To be honest and believe what you say is true is the best way to go about it. Hey Lang2, im testing soon for the position but I applied for midwest. Do you think i have a good chance or should i switch to a cartel area?
              Not really sure where you come out with this, but giving out this kind of advice doesn't bode well for you and those who follow it.
              CBPO

Comment

• in response to NJw85
                Test -02 April 2012
                TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                Drug Test - (pending)
                PFT2 -
                EOD -

Life asked Death, " Why do people Love me but hate you?" Death responded " Because you are a beautiful lie and I am the painful truth!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                  It's hard to say how long your wait will be. The process varies so much for so many. The BI alone has so many variables some get through in three months others like me have been waiting 9 months. If you get poly'd then it may speed things up but that's not always a guarantee. I've heard of ppl living abroud in the military and not have there BI take longer bc of that. Don't mean to bring you down, It's just something you will have to ride out. Hope for the best, expect the worst. Good luck!

Yeah im use to hoping for the best and expecting the worst.... It seems like I would be use to it after being in the Army/USG for 7 years but like many of us on here im eager to get this ball rolling.. I guess if I stop thinking about it, It might happen sooner...... Just like a kid on Christmas Eve
                  Test -02 April 2012
                  TSL 1 & 2- 02 May 2012
                  Drug Test - (pending)
                  PFT2 -
                  EOD -

Comment

• Originally posted by Sick of being a Army Grunt View Post
                    I've been lurking on this site for a few weeks now. Trying to find the in and outs of this hiring process. I tested in April and got my results back (91) and faxed in all the required documents. I had to email them to change my region from east Texas (which I thought was considered SWB) to the Southwest Border. The lady from HRC told me that it would actually help my chances and speed things up. I was wondering how long should it take to recieve my TSL??? Im a few months from getting out of the army and Im starting to worry that I might have to get a job at like walmart until I get thru the process... Can anyone help me before I start to freak out, I have seen a lot of loooooonnnnnnnnggggg time lines posted on here.
                    Your TSL will be handed out in score order with those that tested in that time frame. Once all your steps are completed then you will be placed in order of Certificate date (TSL) and those that have all steps completed with earlier certificates will get offers before you. Going to SWB you will have a short hiring process, depending on the Poly or BI, this has been the trend in the past year and for the near future. Do have some patience, and I know you are already familiar with "hurry up and wait"...
                    CBPO

Comment

• Thanks for the response.

Also does anyone know what other benefits are still valid for cbp? What about the loan repayment? Do cbp officers get 3weeks vacation every year? This stuff is not mentioned on the website. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dadarknight06 View Post
                        Welcome sir! I see that your BI is still pending? I have a very similar timeline as yours I just havent met with the BI or had the drug test scheduled. I ve never seen the Bi still pending and someone get the call . Its prob cass just running slow. Best of luck to you
                        Originally posted by Rms16 View Post
                        Thanks Tiki! So your BI is still pending in Cass? Wow haven't seen them call somebody with it still pending in a long while. I mean Cass is usually a week or two behind, but I haven't seen that happen since December. Good for you man. Hopefully that happens to me haha.
                        It actually just cleared this morning. I hope both of you clear soon, I will be crossing my fingers for you guys and everyone here. :-) I had to watch someone I tested with get the call before me and I gotta say that was really hard. I just kept holding on to the faith, left a few messages with IA (never got a call back though) and just tried to forget about it all really. Before I knew it, "The Call" came.
                        Test - 08/01/11
                        NOR- 08/30/11 (92)
                        TSL1- 9/21/11
                        TSL2 - 9/21/11
                        Qualifications - GS-7
                        PFT1 - 9/23/11
                        VBT & S.I. - 10/17/11
                        Drug Test - 11/3/11 (approximately)
                        B.I. - Cleared 4/17/12
                        PFT2 - 5/4/12
                        EOD - 5/29/12 - San Ysidro, CA

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiki10 View Post
                          It actually just cleared this morning. I hope both of you clear soon, I will be crossing my fingers for you guys and everyone here. :-) I had to watch someone I tested with get the call before me and I gotta say that was really hard. I just kept holding on to the faith, left a few messages with IA (never got a call back though) and just tried to forget about it all really. Before I knew it, "The Call" came.
                          No poly? Lucky you...

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                            Thanks for the response.

Also does anyone know what other benefits are still valid for cbp? What about the loan repayment? Do cbp officers get 3weeks vacation every year? This stuff is not mentioned on the website. Thanks.
                            This isn't the armed forces... NO Loan Repayment, cost of moving and living for EOD is all on YOU, and depending on how much Federal time in service you have you will fall under the 4-6-8 hrs per pay period earned towards annual leave. Now getting to use all that time at once is another thing...Your leave has to be approved way ahead of time, and each POE has their own way of doing things.
                            CBPO

Comment

• Swb

I watch these forums a lot. I currently work for DHS, trying to transfer to CBP. But I do have to comment on something I see A LOT!! I understand that a lot of people really want to gt into CBP, but please be careful with just choosing the SWB as a quick way to get into the job. If you have never been there, you have noooo idea what kind of lifestyle you are going to have to adapt to, its a WHOLE NEW WORLD. Hence why they are always hiring, the turnover rate for the SWB is so high because people get down there and can't handle it. The station you choose, is where you have to be for a mandatory of 2-3 years. On top of all that, a lot of people forget to factor in relocation expenses. It costs thousands to get your things from somewhere like Michigan to Arizona.

I know a lot of people are looking for a fast way to get into CBP, we all are, but please really think about where you will be happy working in the long run....the SWB is no walk in the park, especially if you get a location like Douglas, AZ or Sells, AZ where the closest "semi big city" is like 60 miles away.... lol. just a heads up people.
                              Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by 383897 View Post
                                Guys relax. The poly is not even scientific. To be honest and believe what you say is true is the best way to go about it. Hey Lang2, im testing soon for the position but I applied for midwest. Do you think i have a good chance or should i switch to a cartel area?
                                Well, by the end, my total wait time will be 2-1/2 to 3 years, I'm not sure if it's moving quicker yet or not. It took me a year and a month to get my first TSL after taking the exam. Since then, it has been moving quickly (knock on wood). I want to work at the Cincinnati airport and the DHL plant there recently announced huge expansion plans, which can only mean good things for Customs hopefuls. My friends who are CBPOs work primarily at DHL.

Which part of the Midwest are you hoping to land? One of my friends who works for CBP looked at the list and said I have a really good shot at Cincy, that he could really only see them sending me to Indianapolis or Lousiville, MAYBE Chicago if they're desperate at that time. I'm not sure how much he actually knows, but since he travels around from port to port all the time, he has an idea of who needs people.

If you're at a place where you can pack up and go, then of course your chance is better, but for me, I know it will be worth the wait to be closer to my family. Some can have their cake and eat it too!

My friend's supervisor did my SI and told them that he couldn't believe I got picked for the Midwest because all of the interviews he has done have been for the SWB. So, take that for what it's worth too. Things are changing though, and it seems for the better.
                                Last edited by lang2; 04-18-2012, 10:56 AM.
                                GEO: Midwest
                                Written Exam: 12/10/10
                                NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                                TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                                VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                                PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                                Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                                BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                                Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                                Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                                Polygraph: 5/11/12
                                Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                                Met with BI: 7/27/12
                                Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                                PFT2: 9/4/12
                                EOD: 9/24/12
                                FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9313 users online. 523 members and 8790 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X