300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by guestwho View Post
    Is CBP under GS or GL scale? on the current anoucement, the starting salary is 31,315 which is GS5 grade not GL5 grade. Am I reading this right?
    OFO is currently under the GS pay scale.

As with many things, that might change at some future point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
      Can anybody at the academy tell me if this is still accurate representation of the course of fire at the academy? Thank you.

http://www.honorfirst.com/firearms.htm
      I see that you BI has cleared. How long did that take?

Comment

Can anybody at the academy tell me if this is still accurate representation of the course of fire at the academy? Thank you.

Border Patrol...

I can't speak of the current academy...but it's not the current OFO course of fire in the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by josh222 View Post
          I see that you BI has cleared. How long did that take?
          NVM, i just read the last few posts. I have a secret clearance from the Army, but I was told that was not worth anything to CBP.

Comment

If it's not the exact course, it seems very similar to it... it is a 300 course at FLETC, and a 150 course once you get to your POE. There is no shooting from the 50yd line other than familiarization with the M4 later on.
            As to your BI clearing rather "quick" has absolutely nothing to do with having a "secret" from the military. You might have gotten an "interim" clearance so that you can get hired and hopefully a fully adjudicated BI by the time you graduate from the academy. Not an uncommon practice with the agency.
            Last edited by yoda; 04-16-2012, 11:18 PM.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
              A lady (I think Alanna) from the poly exam unit today called me to verify my email and phone number but she didn't schedule anything. She said she was calling to make sure I was still interested in the position. Has anyone else gotten a call like this?
              I received that same call last friday morning. I was informed someone would be contacting me in the next 1 to 2 weeks to schedule the polygraph.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                If it's not the exact course, it seems very similar to it... it is a 300 course at FLETC, and a 150 course once you get to your POE. There is no shooting from the 50yd line other than familiarization with the M4 later on.
                As to your BI clearing rather "quick" has absolutely nothing to do with having a "secret" from the military. You might have gotten an "interim" clearance so that you can get hired and hopefully a fully adjudicated BI by the time you graduate from the academy. Not an uncommon practice with the agency.
                Thanks for the info Yoda I was hoping you would chime in . Yeh I didn't really think my previous clearance had anything to do with my BI going so fast.

Thanks for staying active on the fourms Yoda hope evething going great for you.
                Last edited by Locke03; 04-17-2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                  Fitness is what it is. As far as some sort of barometer in measuring success or quality work performance for most of federal LE work I'd say it's mostly over-rated.

Useful fitness standards will always be a balance between attracting and holding on to talent and diversity. Some agencies push for 'fit' people. That's fine as far as it goes, but it often means culling out plenty of people who have many excellent skills outside of fitness.

As far as CBPOs go...most of us have little need to be more than moderately fit. Stephen Hawking likely would make a far better CBPO than Chuck Norris, under most current situations.
                  Yeh, I completely agree with you.

Comment

• To dadarknight06, Rms16, Locke03, thank you for the congrats!

Rms16, I have posted my timeline now!
                    Test - 08/01/11
                    NOR- 08/30/11 (92)
                    TSL1- 9/21/11
                    TSL2 - 9/21/11
                    Qualifications - GS-7
                    PFT1 - 9/23/11
                    VBT & S.I. - 10/17/11
                    Drug Test - 11/3/11 (approximately)
                    B.I. - Cleared 4/17/12
                    PFT2 - 5/4/12
                    EOD - 5/29/12 - San Ysidro, CA

Comment

Last edited by ZODIAC76; 04-17-2012, 02:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rambo123 View Post
                        Has anyone ever been contacted by their background investigator before they have the Structured interview ?

I met my background investigator 7 weeks ago but I still haven't had my VBT/SI yet. Just living life and being patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZODIAC76 View Post
                          I met my background investigator 7 weeks ago but I still haven't had my VBT/SI yet. Just living life and being patient.
                          I'm scheduled for the beginning of next month. Have you tried calling the oral board unit ? You should have been scheduled for the VBT/SI within 30-60 days from your TSL1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiki10 View Post
                            To dadarknight06, Rms16, Locke03, thank you for the congrats!

Thanks Tiki! So your BI is still pending in Cass? Wow haven't seen them call somebody with it still pending in a long while. I mean Cass is usually a week or two behind, but I haven't seen that happen since December. Good for you man. Hopefully that happens to me haha.
                            NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                            Score:9X.XX%
                            List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiki10 View Post
                              To dadarknight06, Rms16, Locke03, thank you for the congrats!

Welcome sir! I see that your BI is still pending? I have a very similar timeline as yours I just havent met with the BI or had the drug test scheduled. I ve never seen the Bi still pending and someone get the call . Its prob cass just running slow. Best of luck to you
                              CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
                              NOR: 08/30/11
                              TSL1: 12/12/11
                              MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
                              VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
                              TSL2: 02/17/12
                              BI: in security office 03/06/12
                              QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
                              DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
                              BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
                              NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

I just want to start off by saying I am not the norm for BI mine cleared extremely quickly; I would guess around four months.

I will add I already had an active Secret clearance not sure if that sped up the process any.
                                Thanks for replying. I have a top secret clearance as well and it took 4 months to get that. I know every cases is different and working for the G already I know better than to get impatient but I just can't help it sometimes
                                Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
                                Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
                                TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
                                PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
                                Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
                                VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
                                B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
                                Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
                                Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
                                PFT2: ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7796 users online. 174 members and 7622 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X