Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well gents I guess I am going to have to sit tight cause I can not relocate for at least two years do to my wife being in school so it is a good thing then that it takes a while for the other locations I guess.

USAJOBS says there there are few positions any idea what that means.... also i do not think I am physically ready for the PT

thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilo LOst View Post
      well gents I guess I am going to have to sit tight cause I can not relocate for at least two years do to my wife being in school so it is a good thing then that it takes a while for the other locations I guess.

USAJOBS says there there are few positions any idea what that means.... also i do not think I am physically ready for the PT

thanks again
      If you really want it and you know you’re out of shape then I would just start hitting the gym now and get ready like your PFT is tomorrow.

Once you make being in shape a lifestyle and not just something you’re forced to do you will fill like missing a day or two not working out is just terrible .

I might also just add that it seems like the process for CBPO is getting more strict so don't be shocked that if in two years if you get the call and CBPO fitness requirements resemble something more closely related to the 1811(Special Agent) fitness requirements.

Good luck to you .
      Last edited by Locke03; 04-16-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

• There are plenty of 1811 special agent positions that have fitness standards lower or equal to current CBPO standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
          Can anybody at the academy tell me if this is still accurate representation of the course of fire at the academy? Thank you.

http://www.honorfirst.com/firearms.htm
          Hi, do you remember how long it took for your BI to clear?
          Exam: 12/10 (for West Coast)
          Reapplied: 7/11 (for SWB)
          TSL: 10/28/11 (SWB)
          PFT1: 12/2/11 (passed)
          Medical: 12/2/11 (passed)
          VBT & S.I.: 1/10/12 (passed)
          B.I.: 3/19/12 met with BI (in security office)
          Qualifications: 3/22/12 (cleared)
          Drug Test: 5/17/2012 (cleared)
          PFT2: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            There are plenty of 1811 special agent positions that have fitness standards lower or equal to current CBPO standards.
            You are correct, I should have been a little bit more specific. I was referring to the FBI SA position, at first glance it doesn’t seem to be that bad but then you actually do it and you realize just how hard it is mostly due to how hard core they are about perfect form on the pushups and sit-ups.

No disrespect to the CBPO standards I believe infinitely smarter people than me sat down and came up with standards and they are what they are, I’m proud to get the opportunity to join the ranks .

Comment

• Originally posted by DSgirlCA View Post
              Hi, do you remember how long it took for your BI to clear?
              I just want to start off by saying I am not the norm for BI mine cleared extremely quickly; I would guess around four months.

I will add I already had an active Secret clearance not sure if that sped up the process any.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiki10 View Post
                I just got the call for San Ysidro!

EOD: May 29
                Academy: June 29 - Nov 5

Not sure when my PFT2 is yet.
                Awesome Congrats!!

Comment

• Is CBP under GS or GL scale? on the current anoucement, the starting salary is 31,315 which is GS5 grade not GL5 grade. Am I reading this right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                    I have a question about the training at FLETC. I see a lot of posts about people having to get in shape and lose weight and sometimes struggling to meet the physical requirements. I really have had no problem with the physical stuff... I can do the all of the push-ups, running, sprinting, etc. without much of a problem... the problem I have is that I'm kinda on the small side. I'm about 5'6" and weigh about 125 pounds. I'm just wondering if at the academy, if I'm going to be expected to be able to physically take down people who are 2-3 times my weight and size? Is my smaller size going to be a problem for me? Obviously, I've been cleared twice for this position (I've been waiting 4 years) but any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
                    You will be doing take downs and wrestling with your classmates. Sometimes it gets rough. Some of your classmates will be over 6ft and 260lbs. As long as you can get the techniques they are teaching down you will pass. Just be prepared for a few months of getting tossed around and bruised.
                    CBPO
                    TO - 05/08 JFK
                    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ajeezy View Post
                      I believe that CBP OFO does not qual from the 25 yard line, could be wrong.
                      you absolutely will shoot from the 25 yard line for pistol qualification.
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Has anyone ever been contacted by their background investigator before they have the Structured interview ?

Comment

• Originally posted by rambo123 View Post
                          Has anyone ever been contacted by their background investigator before they have the Structured interview ?
                          I met with my BI about 2 weeks before the SI/VBT.
                          CBPO
                          TO:04/01/11
                          EOD: 08/22/11
                          FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Moving along slowly but surely.

Comment

• A lady (I think Alanna) from the poly exam unit today called me to verify my email and phone number but she didn't schedule anything. She said she was calling to make sure I was still interested in the position. Has anyone else gotten a call like this?
                              GEO: Midwest
                              Written Exam: 12/10/10
                              NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
                              TO/TSL: 1/9/12
                              VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
                              PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
                              Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
                              BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
                              Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
                              Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
                              Polygraph: 5/11/12
                              Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
                              Met with BI: 7/27/12
                              Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
                              PFT2: 9/4/12
                              EOD: 9/24/12
                              FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by Locke03 View Post
                                You are correct, I should have been a little bit more specific. I was referring to the FBI SA position, at first glance it doesn’t seem to be that bad but then you actually do it and you realize just how hard it is mostly due to how hard core they are about perfect form on the pushups and sit-ups.

No disrespect to the CBPO standards I believe infinitely smarter people than me sat down and came up with standards and they are what they are, I’m proud to get the opportunity to join the ranks .

Fitness is what it is. As far as some sort of barometer in measuring success or quality work performance for most of federal LE work I'd say it's mostly over-rated.

Useful fitness standards will always be a balance between attracting and holding on to talent and diversity. Some agencies push for 'fit' people. That's fine as far as it goes, but it often means culling out plenty of people who have many excellent skills outside of fitness.

As far as CBPOs go...most of us have little need to be more than moderately fit. Stephen Hawking likely would make a far better CBPO than Chuck Norris, under most current situations.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11922 users online. 447 members and 11475 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X