300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
    I have a question about the training at FLETC. I see a lot of posts about people having to get in shape and lose weight and sometimes struggling to meet the physical requirements. I really have had no problem with the physical stuff... I can do the all of the push-ups, running, sprinting, etc. without much of a problem... the problem I have is that I'm kinda on the small side. I'm about 5'6" and weigh about 125 pounds. I'm just wondering if at the academy, if I'm going to be expected to be able to physically take down people who are 2-3 times my weight and size? Is my smaller size going to be a problem for me? Obviously, I've been cleared twice for this position (I've been waiting 4 years) but any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Don't worry about it. I am about 5'3 I did martial arts throughout high school. It is possible to take down people who are bigger. It may not look pretty but they are plenty of effective techniques regardless of height.

Comment

• Beecy, you still down there or did you graduate yet? I remember you were a few classes behind.

Gbeck422, you will be fine. Just stay away from certain individuals in your PT class that consider it the olympics.
      CBPO
      Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
      TO: 2/2011
      Medical: 3/22/2011
      PT Test: 3/22/2011
      VBT: 3/2011
      Background: 3/2011
      Drug Test: 4/2011
      Referred to TSU: 5/2011
      PT Test 2: TBD
      FLETC: Good Question lol
      CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
      Info Session 9/2009
      Interview 3/2010
      COE 5/2010
      Medical 5/2010
      Fit/Background 7/2010
      All clear as of 11/2010
      FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
        Sometimes I just log in to CASS for fun to look at all my green checks. Two more to go!

lol... +1
        CBP EXAM: 08/08/11 SWB PREF
        NOR: 08/30/11
        TSL1: 12/12/11
        MEDICAL/FITNESS: 01/09/12
        VBT/SI: 02/06/12-Results 02/17/12 pass
        TSL2: 02/17/12
        BI: in security office 03/06/12
        QUALIFICATIONS: completed 03/27/12 (5)
        DRUG TEST: PENDING

------------------
        BP EXAM: 10/07/11 SWB
        NOR: 10/21/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
          Pre-FLETC includes a trip to the local range to shoot at least 1 magazine from the H&K you will be using at FLETC. No worries. I was in the same situation as you are now.
          Thank you sir! Iam a fast learner and hungry to learn . So I think ill be fine! Really appreciate all the feed back from every one!

------------------

Comment

• Can anybody at the academy tell me if this is still accurate representation of the course of fire at the academy? Thank you.

http://www.honorfirst.com/firearms.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by kmn View Post
              Hi, I wanted to know what the quickest way to contact the CBP to change my GEO Preference? What email should I send it to and what info should I include? Do you know how long it takes to update.

Thanks,
              To update your e-mail address and other contact information, your veterans’ preference, or your
              geographic region, or to extend your eligibility on the inventory (no earlier than 60 days before
              your NOR expires), please contact the DEU Entry Level Unit by e-mail at [email protected].

Comment

• I just got the call for San Ysidro!

EOD: May 29
                Academy: June 29 - Nov 5

Not sure when my PFT2 is yet.
                Test - 08/01/11
                NOR- 08/30/11 (92)
                TSL1- 9/21/11
                TSL2 - 9/21/11
                Qualifications - GS-7
                PFT1 - 9/23/11
                VBT & S.I. - 10/17/11
                Drug Test - 11/3/11 (approximately)
                B.I. - Cleared 4/17/12
                PFT2 - 5/4/12
                EOD - 5/29/12 - San Ysidro, CA

Comment

• I believe that CBP OFO does not qual from the 25 yard line, could be wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiki10 View Post
                    I just got the call for San Ysidro!

Congrats!

------------------

Comment

• Originally posted by Tiki10 View Post
                      I just got the call for San Ysidro!

Awesome! Congrats! If you have the time could you post your timeline? Thanks!
                      NYPD Exam: 3310 9/12
                      Score:9X.XX%
                      List#2XX 5/2013

NCPD Exam: 2000 12/12

PAPD Exam: 6/13 Qualified

Comment

• Ok gents I am trying to get a feel for the hiring proses. I have read a lot of the posts on this thread but all I see is for the SWB, what are the odds of getting that selection letter for some where like FL or some thing like that? Also my test score was 86 is that bad? I submitted all of my docs. so that step is done but I selected the south east as my GEO. I was told that i had a snow balls chance of getting a quick call back and the web site was not to direct as to the how things were going.

so with all that said any advice or guidance would be a grate help....
                        also if this is the wrong place for me to be asking this please forgive me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kilo LOst View Post
                          Ok gents I am trying to get a feel for the hiring proses. I have read a lot of the posts on this thread but all I see is for the SWB, what are the odds of getting that selection letter for some where like FL or some thing like that? Also my test score was 86 is that bad? I submitted all of my docs. so that step is done but I selected the south east as my GEO. I was told that i had a snow balls chance of getting a quick call back and the web site was not to direct as to the how things were going.

so with all that said any advice or guidance would be a grate help....
                          also if this is the wrong place for me to be asking this please forgive me.
                          If you wanna get hired sooner than later go with the SWB, if you are deadset on the Southeast it may be tough with a score of 86, just forget about it and if you get a tentative selection letter...move forward with the process.

Comment

• thank you I think I may get my score bumped up by 10 points but I do not know. I have that 10 point pref thing for being a VET but a 96 still is not that good I guess that was somethign else I was going to ask does the score they send you take in account that VET points or is it without them any how thanks for even responding to me

Comment

thank you I think I may get my score bumped up by 10 points but I do not know. I have that 10 point pref thing for being a VET but a 96 still is not that good I guess that was somethign else I was going to ask does the score they send you take in account that VET points or is it without them any how thanks for even responding to me
                              Score should already include VET preference points, they just aren't verified yet.

Comment

thank you I think I may get my score bumped up by 10 points but I do not know. I have that 10 point pref thing for being a VET but a 96 still is not that good I guess that was somethign else I was going to ask does the score they send you take in account that VET points or is it without them any how thanks for even responding to me
                                Like waterpistola said if you want a job now then go with SWB. I think you got ask yourself how bad do you want this job and what are your other options are if you really want it then switch, if not and you have time to wait up to possible four years for the job then I would say sit tight and hope for the best.

If you received a NOR with a score of 86 then that is including your ten extra points, assuming that you submitted all of your paperwork for the vet preference.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7680 users online. 165 members and 7515 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X